City Chants

Steven

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 30, 2014
While I'm all for the team developing it's own image and doing it's own thing, I think using some City chants that don't use the word "Manchester" could be a good starting point and cool way to show our thanks to the City Football Group. Pretty sure we're the only team in the MLS with the word City in our name other than Sporting KC, which almost doesn't count.. (I know some of you will hate this idea, but I'm just throwing it out there because I thoroughly enjoy these.) Here are a few examples:

City, City, the best team in the land and all the world

We love you City, we do
We love you City, we do
We love you City, we do
Oh City, we love you

Come on City
Come on City
Come on City

Reactions: Samuel Youn
Then might as well also use Yankees chant:

Let's go New York!
Let's go New York!
Let's go New York!
Let's go New York!

Can someone explain the "best team in the land and all the world" chant to me? Whenever I read it, I feel like English as a second language student or something.

Redundant statement is redundant.

I guess "land" refers to the lands under English "protection".

Nah, "land" just refers to England. It is a redundant statement, but it's only there to fit the tune.

I don't mind the word "City" in some chants, as long as we have a mix of N.Y.C.F.C. , N.Y. New York etc songs.
"City" works in the EPL as it gives a definitive identity as MU's rivals. People know when you say "I am a fan of City" what you refer to.

Do you think we will adopt calling ourselves "City" in that same way? Again I don't mind if that is the (I hate this word) 'organic' evolution of the name of the club. Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

I don't mind the word "City" in some chants, as long as we have a mix of N.Y.C.F.C. , N.Y. New York etc songs.
"City" works in the EPL as it gives a definitive identity as MU's rivals. People know when you say "I am a fan of City" what you refer to.

Do you think we will adopt calling ourselves "City" in that same way? Again I don't mind if that is the (I hate this word) 'organic' evolution of the name of the club. Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

New York City is one of few cities in the USA that incorporates the word "City" in it's name. Regardless of our affiliation to MCFC, I think it is an iconic term we can use in the US.

Although there is Salt Lake City etc, NYC is referred to as the big city. Furthermore if we consider this locally, this is a good jab for us to claim we are the City team vs the NY/NJ redbulls.

I hope we can grow this name to make it our own.

New York City is one of few cities in the USA that incorporates the word "City" in it's name. Regardless of our affiliation to MCFC, I think it is an iconic term we can use in the US.

Although there is Salt Lake City etc, NYC is referred to as the big city. Furthermore if we consider this locally, this is a good jab for us to claim we are the City team vs the NY/NJ redbulls.

I hope we can grow this name to make it our own.
I don't want to be "that" guy but New York, New York is the actual name of the city. BUT!!! we are America's City so it still works and most people who live in the Boro's refer to it as the City.

Reactions: Samuel Youn
I don't want to be "that" guy but New York, New York is the actual name of the city. BUT!!! we are America's City so it still works and most people who live in the Boro's refer to it as the City.

Haha it's ok that you are "that" guy. I was mistaken. I just got a bit carried away. Let's go City! :D

Reactions: einwindir
Oh damnit, please no! Let's please not do City chants! Orlando can be the damn copycats if they want, but not NYC! :mad:

We can take a few MC features but not too many because we still wanna have our own identity

Nah! Bloody 3 headed copycats! ;)

orlando-city-sc.png

Reactions: Section1Guy
There is something adopted from russian chant for dinamo kiev.
Our flags are white and blue,
We are fans of City CLub
Lets go New York!
Lets go New York!
Lets go New York!

One I always thought would go well, would be 'Singing the blues':

Well i never felt more like singing the blues
New York win, the red bulls lose
New York City, you got me singing the blues

Reactions: AndreT_NY