City Football Group - Financials & Acquisitions

*jazz hands* no legends concessions for lay people in the stands! Hopefully this means even more home games in Citi next year and beyond. As a Vegetarian, there are next to zero meal items I can eat at Yankee so this comes as wonderful news!

Edit: oh Yankees still have 10%… damn…

Reactions: KevinJRogers
All hail our new 10 percent overlord.

Used to own part of Inter pre-Messi, but got bought out by Beckham and Jorge Más. Owns part of Girona and Club Bolivar in Bolivia.

Former CEO of Sprint and seems to be well regarded as a businessman.
why was he bought out of Miami ?

My guess is that the Club's owners were required to contribute funds to pay for the stadium project, and the Yankees either couldn't or wouldn't invest more. So, the cash comes from Mr. Claure, and the Yankees transfer to him a portion of their ownership.

Just a guess, but seems highly plausible.
I am guessing the same. NYCFC can't break ground until they have the lease and they can't secure the lease until they have the financing for the stadium secured.

I am guessing the same. NYCFC can't break ground until they have the lease and they can't secure the lease until they have the financing for the stadium secured.
Our primary owner is Sheikh Mansour. How could we not have the financing secured? He sneezes more money than I will make in my lifetime.

Our primary owner is Sheikh Mansour. How could we not have the financing secured? He sneezes more money than I will make in my lifetime.

I think what Soup is saying is that, theoretically, if the Yankees owned 20% of the Club, they were up for 20% of the stadium costs. If they didn't want to invest that money, then that's why they sold half their percentage.

I think what Soup is saying is that, theoretically, if the Yankees owned 20% of the Club, they were up for 20% of the stadium costs. If they didn't want to invest that money, then that's why they sold half their percentage.
Not just that, but I also don't know how much cash Sheikh has on hand or how much of his net worth is tied up in other assets.

He probably has a lot, I just don't know for certain it's significantly greater than $800m that he can just part with $800m of cash in one fell swoop.