City Watch

Who was on the show? I know D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins, @NYisBLUE and Nick Chavez Nick Chavez were on the show, but who hosted it? He never introduced himself. Also, are all of you calling in or were you all in the same room? I want to break down the 4th wall. Sorry.

Ryan Mayer is hosting.

Great first podcast. You guys talked about a few good topics. A few suggestions for you:

• The sound quality was a bit rough, perhaps you can ask people to have their phones on mute unless they are speaking?
  • Talk about a few more controversial topics where people can be more opinionated.

Ryan Mayer is hosting.

Great first podcast. You guys talked about a few good topics. A few suggestions for you:

• The sound quality was a bit rough, perhaps you can ask people to have their phones on mute unless they are speaking?
  • Talk about a few more controversial topics where people can be more opinionated.
Yeah really enjoyed the concept, but the execution needs some help. It sounded like someone was sitting next to a sliding glass door to a wind storm. Mute would help.

As for topics, controversy is always fun. Maybe time limit each subject and methodically work your way thru it. Did you guys even talk about the WC or MLS at all? Brovsky?

Keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Yea, the sound quality was very, very poor. I joked that we recorded it in an inter-dimensional, galactic wind storm. It was actually very hard to hear because of that WHILE recording it. I don't think I'll be doing that again until much better audio can be promised. But, I look forward to doing more podcasts with Chance and others in the future.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Yea, the sound quality was very, very poor. I joked that we recorded it in an inter-dimensional, galactic wind storm. It was actually very hard to hear because of that WHILE recording it. I don't think I'll be doing that again until much better audio can be promised. But, I look forward to doing more podcasts with Chance and others in the future.
I was pretty excited when I heard who was involved with this podcast but in all honesty the production made it very difficult to enjoy.

I think it'll only work if you guys can get in a studio together. Get a couple inexpensive dynamic mics (Shure SM-57), an analog-to-digital interface (Lexicon Alpha Pro) and give it a shot. Total investment would be about 5-600$. Anyone with a basic understanding of Audio Recording and a half decent computer can get that going for you.

Reactions: Nick Chavez
It sounded like when someone talked, there was another person making obnoxious noises right in the mic.

I don't know, there are other methods if a studio is impractical. For gaming, for instance, I use a program called Mumble which can handle fairly large volumes of users (easily four, at any rate) and while it does require a little tweaking as inevitably someone's mic starts off too quiet or picking up too much background sound, once it's actually set up you can get some really quite nice sound quality with virtually no lag all from a free program.

I don't know, there are other methods if a studio is impractical. For gaming, for instance, I use a program called Mumble which can handle fairly large volumes of users (easily four, at any rate) and while it does require a little tweaking as inevitably someone's mic starts off too quiet or picking up too much background sound, once it's actually set up you can get some really quite nice sound quality with virtually no lag all from a free program.
I was thinking that too. Just get a couple headsets and hookup to PSN or xbox live lol. If they plan on doing a long-term Podcast then they are better off pumping some money into it and doing it right.