Claudio Reyna Departs NYCFC; David Lee Promoted to Sporting Director

I heard from someone who should know that Ring's departure was very much because of a rift with David Lee. Obviously Lee had broken his promise in the contract talks once too often, and after that Ring felt that he must go. He would definitely have wanted to stay, he loved the place and had just got himself a house in Rye. This is of course quite irrelevant now, but still a pity.

I heard from someone who should know that Ring's departure was very much because of a rift with David Lee. Obviously Lee had broken his promise in the contract talks once too often, and after that Ring felt that he must go. He would definitely have wanted to stay, he loved the place and had just got himself a house in Rye. This is of course quite irrelevant now, but still a pity.

would you rather have Ring or Morales and Taty combined?

would you rather have Ring or Morales and Taty combined?

As said, the deal was as good as possible and made sense money-wise. But trading your captain doesn't look very encouraging. OTOH the season has started well and whatever the reason behind the transfer, it's good that the club and the player have moved on.

I also heard that there were at least eight covid cases inside the first team a year ago, but typically the club kept shtum.

As said, the deal was as good as possible and made sense money-wise. But trading your captain doesn't look very encouraging. OTOH the season has started well and whatever the reason behind the transfer, it's good that the club and the player have moved on.

on the other other hand, how do we feel about reinvesting his money into Morales and not a scoring threat?

Reactions: bjb and Schwallacus

If true, I think the most concerning thing is that Lee is wishywashy with contracts and how he negotiates with players. This could potentially be a turn off for players who would normally want to join the club. Hopefully, this was an isolated case with Ring and not something that is going to cause unhappiness with other players.

on the other other hand, how do we feel about reinvesting his money into Morales and not a scoring threat?
I get your point, but I really like Morales. That was a terrific pick up.

I can’t decide whether our guys knew they would sign him and moved Ring accordingly, or if they moved Ring for other reasons, and then Morales became available and they knew they had to sign him.

If true, I think the most concerning thing is that Lee is wishywashy with contracts and how he negotiates with players. This could potentially be a turn off for players who would normally want to join the club. Hopefully, this was an isolated case with Ring and not something that is going to cause unhappiness with other players.

Sounds like he was playing hardball rather than being wishy-washy. Can’t be much fun for the players, but I’d rather we have someone who knows when it’s time to be difficult with our highest paid players, than someone who rolls over for fan favorites.

Sounds like he was playing hardball rather than being wishy-washy. Can’t be much fun for the players, but I’d rather we have someone who knows when it’s time to be difficult with our highest paid players, than someone who rolls over for fan favorites.

If he broke promises then that's wishy-washy. If he wouldn't give in to demands and stood firm, that's a different thing. I'm ok with that.

Reactions: Kjbert
It may be that he's just keeping a low profile for a bit.

It may also be that Austin is doing its own investigation into the extent of his involvement and whether he crossed any lines.

Reactions: JayH and adam
I really feel for the guy. Sounds like his son acted out a little (which is normal & he had no control over) and his wife did something vicious & vengeful (which he also had no control over). Unless some new revelation comes out, I can’t blame him for anything and hope he’s not hurt because of it.

His wife did the right thing. She could have really blown up Gregg’s spot and she didn’t.