Coming to NYC !!,need your help.

ferrarinycfc

Registered
Dec 6, 2014
Hi all. Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to put this in but wouldnt mind some help.

So i've booked my trip and will be in NYC from 06/16/ thru to 06/28 for 12 nights. (USA from 06/10 to o7/06)

Sporting wise, I plan to watch USA v Paraguay in Philly on 06/11, the Qtrs and Final of the Copa America in NYC on 06/17 and 06/26 respectively, NYCFC v Philadelphia on 06/18 and Yankees v Twins on 06/25.

I plan to Airbnb the accomodation and was wondering where you guys think i should stay ? I stayed in Murray Hill 10 years ago and it was nice but open to your thoughts.

Seeing i'm there for 12 nights is there any cool day trips anyone can suggest. Not that I would get bored in
NYC but wouldn't mind some options.

Im also a big pizza aficionado and I enjoyed Lombardi's last time i was there, so anyone got some other places i can try out ?

Im sure ill have more questions as i get closer to leaving, so any help you guys can give me will be most appreciated.

Cheers

If you like wine, the north fork of long island is a great day trip.

Bear Mountain upstate is great and acessible if you like hiking.

If you want to go to the beach, the jersey shore, long beach, jones beach

If you want to gamble foxwoods, moghean sun or atlantic city are only a couple hours away.

If you like fishing there are a lot of charters on the southshore of long island.

If you are a golfer the legendary courses at bethpage state park are a must.

Hi all. Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to put this in but wouldnt mind some help.

So i've booked my trip and will be in NYC from 06/16/ thru to 06/28 for 12 nights. (USA from 06/10 to o7/06)

Sporting wise, I plan to watch USA v Paraguay in Philly on 06/11, the Qtrs and Final of the Copa America in NYC on 06/17 and 06/26 respectively, NYCFC v Philadelphia on 06/18 and Yankees v Twins on 06/25.

I plan to Airbnb the accomodation and was wondering where you guys think i should stay ? I stayed in Murray Hill 10 years ago and it was nice but open to your thoughts.

Seeing i'm there for 12 nights is there any cool day trips anyone can suggest. Not that I would get bored in
NYC but wouldn't mind some options.

Im also a big pizza aficionado and I enjoyed Lombardi's last time i was there, so anyone got some other places i can try out ?

Im sure ill have more questions as i get closer to leaving, so any help you guys can give me will be most appreciated.

Cheers
For Pizza, head to Brooklen under the bridge. There are two places worth going:

Grimaldi's: technically one of the first two pizza places in the city with Lombardi's. Very good brick oven pizza that deserves a pitcher of beer. Can be long lines to get in.

Next door is Julianna's: the Original Grimaldi family sold the above restaurant and name years ago but came back a few years and reopened by trying to buy back and was refuted. Quality is as good or better depending on your skill to judge. Lines can be equally as long as the "history" of its owner is getting around.

After pizza (or before), take a walk through Brooklyn Bridge Park which is across the street. Fantastic views of the city. Each Pier has different programming/activities.

You should definitely consider staying in Brooklyn. I live in Park Slope and absolutely love it. We are steps away from Prospect Park and tons of great food and bars. On the F line, which is convenient.