NYCFC Digital - Hello & NYC TBTs

Is that really a mystery?

First, you'll never have the same burst that you have when something starts fresh. Second, like any other business, even free content creation is subject to the phenomenon that existing product discourages new entrants, because people think-- it's already being done, I'll never catch up to their audience, etc. Then there has to be a lag before the gap becomes apparent, people notice the market opening, and new projects start up.

Then, a lot of the projects under discussion closed up within the last year, and new ones would have arisen this year, but, you know.

It's rather obvious and I don't think it should have needed to be written out.

Damn! Sorry Mr. Grumpy Pants. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I'm not surprised View from 226 had a short run. It was a scripted video blog/podcast, so it had all the work of a written column, plus grabbing and editing game clips plus video production work. I miss it too.
Right. It was an ambitious project from the start, but at least he kept up with the forums for a long while. Nothing recently.

Reactions: mgarbowski
The response came across as dickish... just my opinion.
Agreed.

Failing to address anything laid out in a post and resorting to name calling in a response is quite dickish.

I'll just go on record that mgarbowski mgarbowski is not a dick, but 100% can be Mr. Grumpy Pants from time to time. In fact that's what I may have to call him from now on. :tearsofjoy:

So I guess this begs the question, it's understandable that blogs and podcasts run their course. People get busy in their lives or they just move on because they aren't motivated to continue it. So why haven't others stepped up? Seems like we're losing more fan content than we're getting these days.

i mean i dont think other MLS teams even have too many avenues of fan content as well. maybe like 2/3 ? blue city radio, the outfield for me are enough.

i dont think you can expect to have like 10-15 fan made content programs/ sites

Let's keep this civil everyone. Let's not turn cabin fever into thread fever. - LionMOD

The response came across as dickish... just my opinion.

Your question was apparently so obvious and unnecessary that he felt moved to write a 100-word response to it before trying to dunk on you.

Reactions: Jon
Folks, Mark isn't the problem here. He is not in charge of the comms strategy, or controls access to players. I have only had the chance to meet him in person once, but I am very certain that his ideal of supporter & club culture is very aligned to what we want. He truly loves this club, and little projects like this with help bring us a baby step closer.
Can second this. Falastur Falastur and I came over for the inaugural home opener. That Saturday Man City had a morning game and we went to Mad Hatter Saloon to catch it at their official NYC bar. We both wore our NYCFC kit. (I know.. not that smart). He took the time to ask us to come out back and interviewed us both.
He even included our website in the article which was published on ManCity.com and it’s one of the things that helped this place grow to where it is today as it boosted our search engine visibility. We were on one of the first couple pages of results for NYCFC for a long time.

Definitely hearing you on all points... on the original call for submissions, please keep them coming in for (what we're now calling) "City Spotlight" - it's an ever-broadening criteria as the emails come in: on top of blogs, musicians, podcasts, we can include social clubs / a social account you run / your sections / even a supporter you think who deserves a shoutout. Please include a photo / logo / imagery you're good with us posting from official channels. Thanks for the support all

Definitely hearing you on all points... on the original call for submissions, please keep them coming in for (what we're now calling) "City Spotlight" - it's an ever-broadening criteria as the emails come in: on top of blogs, musicians, podcasts, we can include social clubs / a social account you run / your sections / even a supporter you think who deserves a shoutout. Please include a photo / logo / imagery you're good with us posting from official channels. Thanks for the support all
Thanks for all the work you do, you can really see the social media team trying their best. :) Loving the Ian Joy interviews!

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Can second this. Falastur Falastur and I came over for the inaugural home opener. That Saturday Man City had a morning game and we went to Mad Hatter Saloon to catch it at their official NYC bar. We both wore our NYCFC kit. (I know.. not that smart). He took the time to ask us to come out back and interviewed us both.
He even included our website in the article which was published on ManCity.com and it’s one of the things that helped this place grow to where it is today as it boosted our search engine visibility. We were on one of the first couple pages of results for NYCFC for a long time.

I mean...he actually only interviewed you, but that was because I tactically did not remove my fleece covering my NYCFC shirt whereas you did ;) I did, however, watch him interviewing you once I'd realised where on earth you'd gone. I also spent a few minutes chatting to Sharon Latham (MCFC's club photographer at the time) while you were having your 15 minutes of fame.

But yeah, otherwise agreed on what you are saying.

FWIW....Just something to add not really earth shattering or anything. But I know maxi and taty have given interviews to Argentinian and Uruguayan blogs during this time thru Instagram. Granted it’s in Spanish so I know it doesn’t really get much traction

Reactions: Kjbert
giphy.gif

Yeah, I don't think NYCFC Digital will be doing anything with the Forums anymore. Maybe we unpin this thread and let it eventually sink to later pages.

• Haha
Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
Yeah, I don't think NYCFC Digital will be doing anything with the Forums anymore. Maybe we unpin this thread and let it eventually sink to later pages.
Doesn’t surprise me. I was genuinely surprised when they reached out to me back then. We’ve always had a rocky relationship.

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
Is it because the forum tends to be salty or something?
I think it’s a number of things. Take the Digital thread as an example. You have a NYCFC media member posting on here with a reply shitting on the Yankees. Understandable that they can’t be put in that situation.
Still, we’ve had an independent relationship since 2014. They’ve retweeted us and sent followers our way in the early days. Not long after that via emails they did say they’d like to maintain independence from us and for this to be an organic part of the NYCFC community.
There’s been a couple things like this Digital attempt and a Twitter post a year ago where they were asking for people to send them suggestions so they can build a community spotlight section that turned to nothing as well.
So from time to time they want to include community driven things like the forums, Reddit and Facebook but it always seems to revert back to their original stance.