Conference Alignment/new La Team

SayWhat44

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Oct 27, 2014
Reactions: Kinkladze
That Eastern division is very weak. Two new franchises. Toronto, Chicago, Philly, and Montreal are all poor. Red Bulls are losing Henry.

Obviously things change very quickly in this league. But NE and DC are really the only tough teams in this division. The division is definitely there for the taking.

Last edited:
I can't help but feel bad for Chivas USA's 17 fans who no longer have a team to root for.

Reactions: Kjbert
Poor Kansas City. Last time they got switched, they went from the then easy West to the very tight East. Now that the balance of power has shifted, they get moved from the easy east to the stacked West!
Things can change very quickly, especially now that the East has a another big spending club in us. Hopefully we spend wisely and have the ability to put it all together to get results like Seattle and LAG have been able to do. Or we end up like Toronto and we all know how that works out!

Or we end up like Toronto and we all know how that works out!

1335819333707_3073153.png

Is there an unwritten rule in sports that the Eastern conference has to be the weaker one? Sure seems like it lol
Don't remind me. I can't stand that the West has been rocking us in Bball the last decade or so.

But like Bball, I think the East is slowly tipping the power back its way.

-NYCFC: Lampard, Villa, Xavi (?) Jermain Defoe lit the league up quite a bit, I think these guys will, too.
-RBNY: Who knows what they will look like next year but credit to Mike Petke, he's finally brought stability to the club and they are consistently in the top 5 of the Eastern Conference finally.
-Toronto: will either keep Jermain or find a high caliber replacement, Michael Bradley was playing with a bum foot all year, Gilberto began to catch on in the second half of the season, could be much better next year.
-DC United: Not a flashy team but they get results. Owner owns Inter Milan, too. Would be nice to see some synergy.
-New England: Quietly were transforming into one of the best clubs in the league before Jermaine Jones was added -- now they're even better.
-Chicago: Ugh. I hate Chicago. A large market club that acts like a small market club. Added a few nice players this year but are going to need a lot more
-Philadelphia: Who knows? Why did they get rid of Jack Mac? Might be in the playoffs if not for that...
-Montreal: owners now own Bologna as well should be interesting to see if there's any synergy there. They have pretty determined owners it seems.
-Orlando: a very proud team and city like SKC or Portland -- except they have Kaka. Should be interesting to see how they do.
-Columbus: In my opinion, the most Western Conference-ish Eastern Conference team next year. Small club that is very smartly managed and plays well.

Money-wise, our conference should kill their conference. If Chicago and DC would start spending like they should and RB figure out if they're staying or going. When Miami comes in we should definitely be the better conference.

Reactions: einwindir
Don't remind me. I can't stand that the West has been rocking us in Bball the last decade or so.

But like Bball, I think the East is slowly tipping the power back its way.

-NYCFC: Lampard, Villa, Xavi (?) Jermain Defoe lit the league up quite a bit, I think these guys will, too.
-RBNY: Who knows what they will look like next year but credit to Mike Petke, he's finally brought stability to the club and they are consistently in the top 5 of the Eastern Conference finally.
-Toronto: will either keep Jermain or find a high caliber replacement, Michael Bradley was playing with a bum foot all year, Gilberto began to catch on in the second half of the season, could be much better next year.
-DC United: Not a flashy team but they get results. Owner owns Inter Milan, too. Would be nice to see some synergy.
-New England: Quietly were transforming into one of the best clubs in the league before Jermaine Jones was added -- now they're even better.
-Chicago: Ugh. I hate Chicago. A large market club that acts like a small market club. Added a few nice players this year but are going to need a lot more
-Philadelphia: Who knows? Why did they get rid of Jack Mac? Might be in the playoffs if not for that...
-Montreal: owners now own Bologna as well should be interesting to see if there's any synergy there. They have pretty determined owners it seems.
-Orlando: a very proud team and city like SKC or Portland -- except they have Kaka. Should be interesting to see how they do.
-Columbus: In my opinion, the most Western Conference-ish Eastern Conference team next year. Small club that is very smartly managed and plays well.

Money-wise, our conference should kill their conference. If Chicago and DC would start spending like they should and RB figure out if they're staying or going. When Miami comes in we should definitely be the better conference.
What's with everyone and Miami?

What's with everyone and Miami?
It's a fun, large city with no MLS. I personally want to see Beckham and MLS succeed here. Would be great for whole league.

Speaking of alignment, granting MLS clubs to a east coast and a western team for #23 & #24 makes things a lot more stable.

It's a fun, large city with no MLS. I personally want to see Beckham and MLS succeed here. Would be great for whole league.

Speaking of alignment, granting MLS clubs to a east coast and a western team for #23 & #24 makes things a lot more stable.
I'm just not really sold on the whole Miami deal. If the team doesn't start winning right away no fans will show up. Just look at the attendance numbers of the Marlins. They spent millions on a new stadium that maybe 2,000 people go to.

The same could be said in many places. Colorado, Chicago all have attendance issues. Revs just starting crowds again because they are winning.

Fans everywhere expect to win. What will happen at Yankees next year if NYCFC starts off with 5 loses?

I'm just going to go ahead and say let's pick Tommy McNamara in the dispersal draft! He's young he's only 23, he's from New York (West Nyack I believe).... annnnnd the mullet game is strong in this one!

Attachments

• TommyMcNamara-ISIPhotos.com_.jpg
    TommyMcNamara-ISIPhotos.com_.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 2,444
Reactions: Paul
I'm just going to go ahead and say let's pick Tommy McNamara in the dispersal draft! He's young he's only 23, he's from New York (West Nyack I believe).... annnnnd the mullet game is strong in this one!
He went down injured bad in the regular season. When is he healthy again?

He went down injured bad in the regular season. When is he healthy again?

Well the good part of his injury is he tore his ACL in mid April which was a long time ago. So I would assume he should be close to healthy now and in good form for training camp and certainly should be ready for opening day.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Well the good part of his injury is he tore his ACL in mid April which was a long time ago. So I would assume he should be close to healthy now and in good form for training camp and certainly should be ready for opening day.
Sounds better than the situation for Orlando and Tally Hall.