COVID-19 - Leagues Suspended

My favorite is seeing people remove their masks to talk to people. We're simply not accustomed to this lifestyle.
Yup. Seeing a lot of that. Seeing some weird stuff used for masks down here. They’re not readily available so people are improvising. Plastic bag takes the cake. Someone tied a plastic grocery bag around their face. Another thing on the gloves is people must have this idea in their head that gloves make you impermeable to the virus. I see people all day using their phones while their shopping with their gloves on. Whatever groceries you’re touching with gloves on will transfer bacteria and virus just like your hands would. So unless you’re going home and sanitizing everything you bought there’s no point. When we work production we wear vinyl gloves and whenever you walk out of the room, change food group, touch allergens, touch non-sanitized surfaces or when they simply get worn we change them. I can easily go through 20-30 pairs in a 8 hour period. So seeing people wear gloves in a non sanitized environment drives me nuts.

My favorite is seeing people remove their masks to talk to people. We're simply not accustomed to this lifestyle.

If you're not wearing a mask from when you leave your door to when you come back, you're doing it wrong.

Yup. Seeing a lot of that. Seeing some weird stuff used for masks down here. They’re not readily available so people are improvising. Plastic bag takes the cake. Someone tied a plastic grocery bag around their face. Another thing on the gloves is people must have this idea in their head that gloves make you impermeable to the virus. I see people all day using their phones while their shopping with their gloves on. Whatever groceries you’re touching with gloves on will transfer bacteria and virus just like your hands would. So unless you’re going home and sanitizing everything you bought there’s no point. When we work production we wear vinyl gloves and whenever you walk out of the room, change food group, touch allergens, touch non-sanitized surfaces or when they simply get worn we change them. I can easily go through 20-30 pairs in a 8 hour period. So seeing people wear gloves in a non sanitized environment drives me nuts.

I think a lot of people are taking clorox wipes to their groceries when they get home right now -- though I'm running low on wipes at the moment, maybe only have 3 or 4 left. Those things are like gold right now.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
If you're not wearing a mask from when you leave your door to when you come back, you're doing it wrong.
Not necessarily. Once you’re in your car, you can take it off, but not enough people don’t realize you should never touch the front of it, and also don’t touch the inside where your mouth/nose is, and instead only remove using the ties.

I see people constantly touching the front and then not sanitizing their fingers.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Not necessarily. Once you’re in your car, you can take it off, but not enough people don’t realize you should never touch the front of it, and also don’t touch the inside where your mouth/nose is, and instead only remove using the ties.

I see people constantly touching the front and then not sanitizing their fingers.

The only time to touch the front is to make sure the seal is strong around the nose.

I think a lot of people are taking clorox wipes to their groceries when they get home right now -- though I'm running low on wipes at the moment, maybe only have 3 or 4 left. Those things are like gold right now.

Yeah, we’re down to 1.5 containers of wipes and Lysol is the other unicorn. Hell, I haven’t seen hand sanitizer in weeks.

The only time to touch the front is to make sure the seal is strong around the nose.

Obviously you can touch it when taking it out of the packaging and then fitting it.

Remember when officials initially said a dog in Hong Kong caught it, and then they walked it back, and then it died, and they spun it again, and then a bunch of articles here said there’s nothing to worry about with your pets..... etc etc etc......

We’re gonna find out that was all bullshit just like the edict that there was no reason to wear anything over your face. WTF!?!?

More importantly, how the Fck did a tiger get a coveted test????

Reactions: moogoo
Remember when officials initially said a dog in Hong Kong caught it, and then they walked it back, and then it died, and they spun it again, and then a bunch of articles here said there’s nothing to worry about with your pets..... etc etc etc......

We’re gonna find out that was all bullshit just like the edict that there was no reason to wear anything over your face. WTF!?!?

this shit is bad if that thing keeps mutating to affect other species. Though i read that felines do get other corona viruses.

they answered this question (I’m too lazy to look it up and posit it here) - different test conducted in a veterinary environment that no human would use. So it’s not like they grabbed a test kit off the street and swabbed the tiger’s nose.

Reactions: Ulrich
Woot woot. Starting next week I am off! At least until schools/daycares re-open.

My mom ended up sewing some and has shipped them our way for us to use when we go out. This past Saturday I needed to run out real quick, so I made a makeshift one out of a bandanna and two hairties. I saw a video for how to do this on Twitter.

What's important is that we don't think just because we're wearing masks now that we're more able to go out and about. Only go out when needed and use masks/face covering as an additional layer of protection.

Also, I'm sure many other people have seen plenty of the 7pm cheering around the city, but I just cannot get enough of it. Someone erected some massive speakers on the roof of a building about a block away from me, so they blast music every night. We were able to get on our roof last night (not something we technically should be doing) and its just incredible seeing all the people on their roofs, balconies, fire escapes, hanging out windows, etc.

Also, I'm sure many other people have seen plenty of the 7pm cheering around the city, but I just cannot get enough of it. Someone erected some massive speakers on the roof of a building about a block away from me, so they blast music every night. We were able to get on our roof last night (not something we technically should be doing) and its just incredible seeing all the people on their roofs, balconies, fire escapes, hanging out windows, etc.

someone in my building got like a vuvuzela type thing ( it makes that sound) other person got like them old school bike horn and people across the street bring out a pan and bang on it. Its really loud yesterday, so much even the few people walking in street clapping and cars passing by honking.

Out of the utmost precaution, stay off your roof. Seriously. Roofs have the vent stacks from the bathrooms, and while nearly all are passively working, as opposed to mechanically, the air is pulled from the bathrooms up via suction.

Normally, this isn’t a big deal, because the chances of an entire city being stricken are slim, but there isn’t enough known about how the virus hangs in the air. And if somebody from your building is sick, and hacking up in the bathroom, the vent could pull it up and out.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
It's not happening in my neighborhood. It wouldn't make a ton of noise because it's all 1-2 family houses. I've gone outside on my porch/stoop a couple of days at 7pm and nobody else is out.

Last edited: