DC Postmatch

Just got home and didn't see an of the game or the highlights yet. What did Saunders do? Was he especially to blame on any of the goals? Or was he his usual self no other comment needed?
Several poor punches and poor positioning. I think we wouldn't have been under pressure on the 2nd ; he if he didn't punch like a granny on balls he could easily catch.

bravo made some bad passes. he brought energy but is that enough to justify a purchase?

Hell no. Positionally he's all over the place in that DM role. Pirlo was having to sit so much further back at the start of the second half (the worst period of the game for us). Look at what Iraola does week in, week out to help the shape of this team, keep the ball ticking over, and let Pirlo get forward. Bravo just isn't there yet. He's young, and he'll learn, but I doubt it'll be with us.

Wow, that was just epic. So much beer thrown everywhere at those late goals.

Thought the crowd seemed good tonight and the supporters section was electric - the extra half dozen people I brought had the time of their lives and will surely be coming back.

It's gonna take a lot to wipe this smile off my face.

Several poor punches and poor positioning. I think we wouldn't have been under pressure on the 2nd ; he if he didn't punch like a granny on balls he could easily catch.

Dude, coming home from that game and complaining about Saunders' punching is like coming home from D-Day and calling it a failure 'cos they didn't have the right flavor sandwiches in the Normandy cafeteria.

Wonder if the haircut is symbolic of shelton maturing but he i thought he played well in limited minutes the last two games.

Looks like we went to back to the WM for the first time since the spring. looked better with the 3 man line than mena at RB. didnt like mendoza in the midfield. shelton for a tired allen really made the formation pop.

no more mena at fb. bravo made some bad passes. he brought energy but is that enough to justify a purchase?

i think we are now seeing the results of vieira not rotating players. real messy passing and lack of chem.

I honestly prefer the WM or 3-4-3 for us.

Reactions: wolfehr and Kjbert
Dude, coming home from that game and complaining about Saunders' punching is like coming home from D-Day and calling it a failure 'cos they didn't have the right flavor sandwiches in the Normandy cafeteria.
Not complaining would be like coming hone from d-day and pretending you ended all war.

I wasted the entire first half and $40 in ubers looking for a bar in San Jose, CA with MLS Direct Kick.

I watched the second half over FaceTime with my kids from my hotel. That was pretty awesome. Maddening but awesome.

Took my girlfriend car shopping and was following the game on Twitter so didn't see any of it. Second I saw 2-2, all I could say was "fucking Saunders" and put my phone away. Expected to open this thread seeing 2-2 disappointment. Such a pleasant surprise.

Has Lampard gone from top 5 worst signings to top 5 best signings when taking into account strictly on field performance?

The last 20 minutes of that game were spectacular to watch live. The atmosphere was ELECTRIC when we fired those two goals and then died when Neagle scored the equalizer. Stoppage time comes and the game winning goal EXPLODED the stadium into a raucous.

Thank you Super Frank Lampard!

Technically, Frank should get the goal and the assist. Well, his left foot should get the goal and his right foot should get the assist, but that's just splitting hairs.