DC Postmatch

What an incredible game. After slumping down on my chair, emotionally spent, I turn and look up at the Yankee Stadium signage and I start to think of those moments when us Yankee fans exalt a new player for becoming a Yankee after a magically defining moment. As historic as Lampard's hat trick was, this to me was that magically defining moment; a thrilling game winning goal in the closing minutes. It was a clutch and heroic achievement that certainly, for me, will be fondly remembered as those great Yankee moments. The fact that it happened at Yankee Stadium, enhances that mystique. To you Lampard... you are now a New Yorker!

(Yeah, I know... but what other moniker could I have used?)

Villa and Lampard didn't quit. At the end of the game we were playing a back 3 which worked. Harrison and Shelton played as wing backs kind of. They didn't play defense until the end either of them. Mena was very good as a LCB in the back 3. He was bad as a RB. Allen is incredibly different as a RB or RWB. Night and day.

Brillant was solid. Chanot was very good. A lot faster than I thought. Pirlo was ok. Dropped some beautiful balls in. Iraola didn't have it tonight. Thought Tommy Mac was fine but a change was needed. Harrison was mostly invisible but put in a decent shift.

Villa is special. Frank knows where to be. Shelton has bought in. Major improvement from March to tonight.

Mendoza changed the game when he was moved centrally. He played off of Villa's shoulder for a decent stretch at the end of the game. It's funny - he has all the qualities of a winger - but he's not comfortable there. Much better playing centrally as a striker or withdrawn.

I liked what Bravo did to kill the game off. He makes some bad passes still but he was fantastic in the air. PV had him chasing on defense like Mikey Lopez would. Bravo has something. I hope he puts it all together.

Man of the match? I guess Lampard.

Saunders. Woof.
ome thing that really stood out to me was that i think saunders kicked the ball out of bounds after dc tied it at 2, but lampard was the one that was rallying everyone to get to the center circle to go for the winning goal.

Maybe I am being too pedantic here, but there was one thing that really bothered me. DCU did a lot of long throw ins last night, and it was a good tactic for them. One even led to the corner that created their 2nd goal. Every single time, the DC player had his foot on the line - it was a foul throw EVERY SINGLE TIME. I know the refs typically don't call it unless it is egregious, which is usually fine. But isn't the time to call it when the player is trying to execute a difficult throw and not just something routine?

A coworker of mine told me she was going to the match tonight. She's a DC native. I need some suggestions of what to leave on her desk tomorrow. I'm thinking a printout of a meme or some sorts. Ideas?
Get to the store. Buy a cupcake (or a whole cake) and an icer and write Happy Frank Lampard Day.

Boom! *Drops mic*

Shelton now has more assists / 90min than Pirlo :p

View attachment 5693
SO WHAT'S YOUR POINT pigeon shit??????.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................really FootyLovin FootyLovin you liked this

SO WHAT'S YOUR POINT pigeon shit??????.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................really FootyLovin FootyLovin you liked this
FootyLovin FootyLovin I have another reply for you in my oh boy am in trouble thread sweetie!!

Reactions: FootyLovin
Not yet mentioned: We can also thank Mullins for our victory. Sitters in the first and last minute of the first half and he botched both of them.

I guess he really did get all of the goals out of his system last weekend.

That was in the 2nd half. Our section was in awe. But he also pulled one back and made some more magic before a shot in the first half. The maestro put on a clinic last night.

Pirlo's overall game was very good last night.

The cooler air will take Frank & Andrea to another level come playoff time. We saw their stamina increase last night and it will continue to be a big boost for us the rest of the way.

I love how after the final goal, Frank ran over in front of the Batter's Eye seats to celebrate. What could he have been doing over there?

View attachment 5699

Do you love me now Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan? Well do you???
Haha. I don't love him, but I'm glad he's scoring. Sadly, I opted to watch the match rather than wait for a stuck A train so I wasn't even there. And I've been sitting in my old seats, too. So while I very much wish that were the case, my ego doesn't extend to allowing me to take credit as the target.

And ETA- you won't see a more calm and composed finish than what he pulled off when he faked like he was shooting with his right foot and chopped it back to his left. That was as good as it gets. Totally wrecked the defender and Hamid.

Haha. I don't love him, but I'm glad he's scoring. Sadly, I opted to watch the match rather than wait for a stuck A train so I wasn't even there. And I've been sitting in my old seats, too. So while I very much wish that were the case, my ego doesn't extend to allowing me to take credit as the target.

Ah, but Lampard didn't know you weren't there, now, did he?

And ETA- you won't see a more calm and composed finish than what he pulled off when he faked like he was shooting with his right foot and chopped it back to his left. That was as good as it gets. Totally wrecked the defender and Hamid.

Great stuff and sorry you missed the game.

And you are totally right about that last goal. That finish was as good as it gets. Hamid is the kind of keeper who requires a really good finish, and Frank was up to the task.

Chillllllllll.

Maybe I am being too pedantic here, but there was one thing that really bothered me. DCU did a lot of long throw ins last night, and it was a good tactic for them. One even led to the corner that created their 2nd goal. Every single time, the DC player had his foot on the line - it was a foul throw EVERY SINGLE TIME. I know the refs typically don't call it unless it is egregious, which is usually fine. But isn't the time to call it when the player is trying to execute a difficult throw and not just something routine?
I believe you are allowed to have your feet on the line for a throw in, the only thing that would be in question were if both of the player's feet were on the ground when the ball was released.

Edit:
Link 1 (FA Rules)
Link 2 (FIFA PDF)

Reactions: Gotham Gator
What a finish. Place was hopping for the last 10' + stoppage time.

Hope Brillant takes some time off. You don't get those first few weeks back.