Directors Of Stadium Experience - Songs / Chants Etc

einwindir

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
Numz15 Numz15 lawson lawson
I apologize for hijacking another thread.
The conversation from the previous thread.

EINWINDIR:
I don't really wanna start a new thread since it's just a question - as song/chant directors, when can we expect to see potential songs? How are you guys going to decide what goes and what doesn't?
If I may suggest - can either of you guys start a thread at some point laying out what your plans are as Directors of Stadium Experience ?

NUMZ15:
There will be songs to start, gotta start somewhere. Some people in the group may not be to familiar with what or how the songs are/begin. I want to start off simple, makes songs that fit the set 9 or 10 tunes that are associated with English fandom. I have said this before, Dan and I are not the "game day wardens". I view our role as a helping hand, to show our fans how songs happen.
As for deciding, you make up a great song, and people want to sing it, then its in. People dont sing it, its out. Simple.

EINWINDIR:
I like where you guys are going with it. Although I've never been opposed to using a Capo either.
A suggestion. It's been brought up here before and I think it's a good idea. Having a downloadable app, or even a googledoc with some of the chants so that the SS and Casuals can be on the same page. Like the Swansea City chant - I love it, and I think it could easily become a staple.
Do you guys have a shortlist of ideas?

LAWSON:
As said before - we would love it to get to a point where the majority of the fan base know the songs when they arise, the 'go to songs' per say. For example, one that has seemed to have really taken off is the ''we're blue, were white....." chant. That came to me after about 3 pints at the bar crawl and seems to have stuck. I would love more of these chance to be grown organically through us as fans spending time socializing together at and away from games.
Saying this, I also get that it is important for those who may be slightly nervous or whatever to want to be clued up on songs before they stand with us or join in and the board have recognized this and asked Numz and myself to compile a list of 10 or so songs/chants with their full lyrics to be put onto the SG website when it is up and running (after it has been named of course). We are more than happy to do this and we encourage feedback from songs people have heard at the previous meet ups and have heard us sing or they have heard at games elsewhere and think it could be a good fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: City-Nole and NYJoe
Nothing on paper, new songs pop up at every meeting and event. lawson lawson and I will put together list, some have suggested even recording some of the songs. Im open for those ideas, not great with tech, but if it will help, ill sing my lungs out. As for capo's.................no

Nothing on paper, new songs pop up at every meeting and event. lawson lawson and I will put together list, some have suggested even recording some of the songs. Im open for those ideas, not great with tech, but if it will help, ill sing my lungs out. As for capo's.................no
Sounds good man. I'm not really into the canned recording experience, but if you guys really want to do that - I can try to work that out. Studio time. Recording equipment. etc.

It wasn't really touched on at the meeting. What will your positions entail? What can we expect from you guys?

As said before - we would love it to get to a point where the majority of the fan base know the songs when they arise, the 'go to songs' per say. For example, one that has seemed to have really taken off is the ''we're blue, were white....." chant. That came to me after about 3 pints at the bar crawl and seems to have stuck. I would love more of these chance to be grown organically through us as fans spending time socializing together at and away from games.
Saying this, I also get that it is important for those who may be slightly nervous or whatever to want to be clued up on songs before they stand with us or join in and the board have recognized this and asked Numz and myself to compile a list of 10 or so songs/chants with their full lyrics to be put onto the SG website when it is up and running (after it has been named of course). We are more than happy to do this and we encourage feedback from songs people have heard at the previous meet ups and have heard us sing or they have heard at games elsewhere and think it could be a good fit.

Sounds good man. I'm not really into the canned recording experience, but if you guys really want to do that - I can try to work that out. Studio time. Recording equipment. etc.

It wasn't really touched on at the meeting. What will your positions entail? What can we expect from you guys?

You can expect us to be the boys in the front of the line, leading the march.

I have rough ideas, a foggy image of how we are going to work. Its not a cut and dry position like treasurer or Vp, much like our goal, its organic and will evolve and change over time.

I'm glad you asked and you are bang on that it wasn't touched on too much at the meeting.

I have been very impressed with the passion and support for the gameday experience so far on these forums. In particular, how everyone seems to be into the more 'English style' support. On that note, I was very keen to start songs and have been doing since day 1 at all of these supporters events. Not because I wanted this position on the board, but because I fucking love football and the football casuals scene. Im sure Numz15 Numz15 will back me up on this.

The board see fit to have a specific position on its body for this role, Im not sure I agree as in a sense we are all Directors of our own gameday experience. Nobody should be dictating what you sing, how you sing or where you stand at what minute. However, I totally get that this is the done thing here in the US and I will be more than happy to fulfill my role to the best of my abilities and knowledge of football culture.

See us more as your 'go to guys' for singing or whatever, rather than directors. This is a democracy afterall, not a dictatorship!

Can we change the title of the role to 'Gameday Guides' Numz? :)

Reactions: Samuel Youn
I'm glad you asked and you are bang on that it wasn't touched on too much at the meeting.

I have been very impressed with the passion and support for the gameday experience so far on these forums. In particular, how everyone seems to be into the more 'English style' support. On that note, I was very keen to start songs and have been doing since day 1 at all of these supporters events. Not because I wanted this position on the board, but because I fucking love football and the football casuals scene. Im sure Numz15 Numz15 will back me up on this.

The board see fit to have a specific position on its body for this role, Im not sure I agree as in a sense we are all Directors of our own gameday experience. Nobody should be dictating what you sing, how you sing or where you stand at what minute. However, I totally get that this is the done thing here in the US and I will be more than happy to fulfill my role to the best of my abilities and knowledge of football culture.

See us more as your 'go to guys' for singing or whatever, rather than directors. This is a democracy afterall, not a dictatorship!

Can we change the title of the role to 'Gameday Guides' Numz? :)

What ever works buddy

No cappos, drums or horns porfavore
May I ask why? I understand that having ten drums and five horns is a bit much. But a drum or two in the hands of a relatively sober individual to keep a rhythm seems like it could be useful. A capo could similarly be useful for organizing the entire section, although I think that is a bit premature based on the size of our group right now.

Just curious where you guys have pulled and are pulling the "top 10" songs from.

There have been a lot of good suggestions on this site, if you are looking for some ideas.

It will probably be a mixture of picking the easiest chants, most popular chants and our own personal preferences. Well aware of the thread(s) on these forums, its a great tool and something we will most definitely look at

It will probably be a mixture of picking the easiest chants, most popular chants and our own personal preferences. Well aware of the thread(s) on these forums, its a great tool and something we will most definitely look at
Besides for posting on the forum, what would you say is the best way to suggest a song/chant to you guys?