Domènec Torrent Appointed NYCFC Head Coach (June '18) / Mutually Agree to Part Ways (November '19)

What Are Your Thoughts on Torrent as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Pleased

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
This highlights the difference between PV and Dome. Sometimes you have to play ugly soccer if it's the best way to get you 3. (The article also highlights his appreciation of the versatility/skillset of Scrappy-Doo.)

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/ne...ies-on-ugly-and-moralez-in-back-to-back-wins/

“I don’t like to play that way we did that game but for me, it was the best way to beat the Red Bulls,” Torrent told Pro Soccer USA before Wednesday’s match versus the Montreal Impact.

He explained that after the franchise was outscored 27-3 in eight Red Bull triumphs, something had to change.

“OK, you can pass the ball all the time, but you have to be clever and say that we lost the games, we have to play another way,” Torrent said. “That is the reason that we played a little more different the last game. Believe me, I don’t like to play long ball, but sometimes it’s the best way to beat the opponent.”

This highlights the difference between PV and Dome. Sometimes you have to play ugly soccer if it's the best way to get you 3. (The article also highlights his appreciation of the versatility/skillset of Scrappy-Doo.)

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/ne...ies-on-ugly-and-moralez-in-back-to-back-wins/

“I don’t like to play that way we did that game but for me, it was the best way to beat the Red Bulls,” Torrent told Pro Soccer USA before Wednesday’s match versus the Montreal Impact.

He explained that after the franchise was outscored 27-3 in eight Red Bull triumphs, something had to change.

“OK, you can pass the ball all the time, but you have to be clever and say that we lost the games, we have to play another way,” Torrent said. “That is the reason that we played a little more different the last game. Believe me, I don’t like to play long ball, but sometimes it’s the best way to beat the opponent.”
That is the best (public) critique of Vieira by a CFG person ever. It’s actually highly damning of PV’s self awareness and tactical astuteness.

1. If Dome can get more out of Jesus Medina by virtue of being a Spanish speaker that is awesome. I’m imagining PV lecturing to Medina in his dripping French accent and Medina getting every other word.

2. Back to pineapples, figure out how to adapt pretty pineapple to the seven nation army chant and we’re done here.

1. If Dome can get more out of Jesus Medina by virtue of being a Spanish speaker that is awesome. I’m imagining PV lecturing to Medina in his dripping French accent and Medina getting every other word.

2. Back to pineapples, figure out how to adapt pretty pineapple to the seven nation army chant and we’re done here.
nah, not seven nation army. There are so many better songs, and ones that have meaning. Not that shit song, it's so overused!

nah, not seven nation army. There are so many better songs, and ones that have meaning. Not that shit song, it's so overused!
"Perfect is the enemy of good"

- Voltaire (and subsequently many people who I resented for telling me that but were ultimately correct)

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

Medina looks like a player that needs to get his confidence back up hopefully Dome can help him do just that. His goal celebration looked like relief as much as it did excitement. I've been among the many critical voices, mainly because he takes up a DP spot but the kid is talented and super young. Moving to a new country with all of the high expectations and pressures that come with being a DP cannot be easy.

Short sample size but Dome already appears to be getting considerably more out and building a more productive relationship with our young key young players like Lewis and Medina than PV ever did.

PINYA
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
MOLTO BONICA
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
DONT WORRY ABOUT THE WAY WE START
WE'LL DO IT ALL IN THE SECOND HALF
CAUSE WE'VE GOT

DOME
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
DOMENEC TORRENT
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIS LITTLE ARMS
HE'S STILL GONNA LIFT THE CUP
CAUSE WE'RE A ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Since you wanted an original song, and it's your birthday Shwafta Shwafta... Also this video is everything. They even play in blue.

IF YOU'RE GONNA SAVE THE DAY
AND YOU'RE HEARING WHAT I SAY
I SEE YOU KEEP THE BALL
IT'S NOT ENOUGH

AND WE LOST PV
WE WERE NOT QUITE REALLY PLEASED
WE NEEDED ANOTHER GUY
WITH A DIFFERENT TOUCH

LET ME TELL YOU
YOU KNOW
I
I NEED A MIRACLE
I NEED A MIRACLE
IT'S MORE THAN PHYSICAL WHAT I NEED
TO FEEL FROM YOU

LET ME TELL YOU
YOU KNOW
I
I NEED A PINEAPPLE
I NEED A PINEAPPLE
A PRETTY PINEAPPLE IS WHAT I NEED
TO GET ME THROUGH

Last edited:

PINYA
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
MOLTO BONICA
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
DONT WORRY ABOUT THE WAY WE START
WE'LL DO IT ALL IN THE SECOND HALF
CAUSE WE'VE GOT

DOME
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
DOMENEC TORRENT
DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO
DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIS LITTLE ARMS
HE'S STILL GONNA LIFT THE CUP
CAUSE WE'RE A ...

I watched this guy's appearance on Soccer AM about 4,000 times this spring. I hate Liverpool. But this guys the best.

Reactions: Christopher Jee