English Support Or American Support?

I think that some clubs that we could look to for inspiration are Dortmund, Poznan, Barca, Rapid Wein, Ajax and the mothership MCFC. All have great atmosphere and are not, as everyone seems desperate to avoid, "forced".

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
I am English so obviously am biased. Pleased the majority seem to be behind the 'traditional' atmosphere at games.

However let me just say that the American support shouldn't be knocked - I have been so impressed with the Aerican Outlaws at USA games. Dare I say it..... they seem to be creating more of an atmosphere than we English do at National team games

We should have 4 or 5 chants to start with then make up chants about players or about history between our club and other clubs. Also we should have a chant about how we are the best.

We should be like Polish supporters.
Hell no. You see that crap (flares) in Turkey and Greece and the like.

I can't stand it. I hate flares and smoke bombs. Clearly they didn't come to watch a soccer game. The crowd should never make the crowd more important than the game and that's what that crap does and that is bullshit.

Find another park if you want a fireworks show.

Last edited:
I am English so obviously am biased. Pleased the majority seem to be behind the 'traditional' atmosphere at games.
Yup.

Its funny when I first started watching MLS....long, long time ago, before I was even a fan of the sport at all, I was totally repulsed by a drum being there. Thought it was ridiculous.

It has sort of won me over but I wouldn't be sad not to hear one. The "I believe" chant sounds incredible with the drum in that second video though.

Reactions: einwindir
Hell no. You see that crap (flares) in Turkey and Greece and the like.

I can't stand it. I hate flares and smoke bombs. Clearly they didn't come to watch a soccer game. The crowd should never make the crowd more important than the game and that's what that crap does and that is bullshit.

Find another park if you want a fireworks show.

Lol, as if it would ever happen anyway.

It would play into the stereotypes, but I would prefer a more European style. Some supporters sections here are just cringeworthy at times

Capos are the worst. He's not even watching the match.

I sat in the AO section for the USA vs Turkey match and thought the capo was restrained but it makes no sense to have someone who isn't watching the match trying to guide songs or chants.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
yea cappos suck. if the group as a whole wants to sing something, im fine. but if one person is directing everyone then its shit

Capos are the worst. He's not even watching the match.

I sat in the AO section for the USA vs Turkey match and thought the capo was restrained but it makes no sense to have someone who isn't watching the match trying to guide songs or chants.

I sat in the AO section as well. Although I think we all did incredible and def made a statement, the whole time I found myself saying I'd hate to be the capo with my back to the game. Even if we did go capo for the love of god they better be better than that Seattle nerd.
The european style is much more passionate and so are the supporters of NYCFC. Many of the Outlaws I went with (Shout out to AO of Westchester) were talking about NYCFC along with other random people at the game. One random dude I was talking to while waiting on line for a beer even gave me a NY badge sticker. Just goes to show you how deep its already being rooted. We were in Red Bull and it was almost like no one cared for them (except maybe viking). I don't know much about the Polish supporters but I know that right there is a statement. You see the same with the Drughi Ultras and the Ultras in Turkey. Clubs like Juventus, Roma, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray have supporters all throughout their countries not just their cities because of the same passion and statements. I'm not saying lets make Jesus our homeboy like the Polish but European style would be the way to go and we'd probably have more fun with it ourselves too.

Reactions: Section1Guy
One random dude I was talking to while waiting on line for a beer even gave me a NY badge sticker. Just goes to show you how deep its already being rooted.

I love this. Makes me feel proud to be a part of this community and the NYCFC community as a whole.