English Support Or American Support?

Just like you did with our language???

;)

It's a funny story. If you do some research, you realise that "American" English is actually very similar to 18th century English, and the New England accent is what the English accent sounded like then. Turns out that language and accent has changed vastly in the UK, but somehow has been in virtual stasis for 250 years in the USA.

It's a funny story. If you do some research, you realise that "American" English is actually very similar to 18th century English, and the New England accent is what the English accent sounded like then. Turns out that language and accent has changed vastly in the UK, but somehow has been in virtual stasis for 250 years in the USA.

The English language is at it's purist, whilst spoken by a Mancunian.

:)

Reactions: einwindir
We are a stubborn people who don't need no inglin telling us what to do!

I sat in the AO section as well. Although I think we all did incredible and def made a statement, the whole time I found myself saying I'd hate to be the capo with my back to the game. Even if we did go capo for the love of god they better be better than that Seattle nerd.
The european style is much more passionate and so are the supporters of NYCFC. Many of the Outlaws I went with (Shout out to AO of Westchester) were talking about NYCFC along with other random people at the game. One random dude I was talking to while waiting on line for a beer even gave me a NY badge sticker. Just goes to show you how deep its already being rooted. We were in Red Bull and it was almost like no one cared for them (except maybe viking). I don't know much about the Polish supporters but I know that right there is a statement. You see the same with the Drughi Ultras and the Ultras in Turkey. Clubs like Juventus, Roma, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray have supporters all throughout their countries not just their cities because of the same passion and statements. I'm not saying lets make Jesus our homeboy like the Polish but European style would be the way to go and we'd probably have more fun with it ourselves too.

The Outlaws who were talking about NYCFC were probably C CornellBigRed, @JGriff217 and me.

The Outlaws who were talking about NYCFC were probably C CornellBigRed, @JGriff217 and me.
Beforehand maybe, during the game I was in the front row of AO losing my voice.

I actually had a front row view of what the capos were doing and saying in between the chants. It was very seat of the pants, which seems to be a desired aspect of people on the forum, for songs to be impromptu. I thought they added to the atmosphere to be honest. When songs started in the crowd they picked it up and encouraged the rest of the section to take it up. When there was a lull they would start one up and the crowd would pick it up quickly.

Would the atmosphere have been better without them? Probably not. Would it have been worse? Maybe there would have been somewhat less singing since the lulls could have gone on longer. I suppose I would be in favor of capos in the Third Rail.

Reactions: JGriff217
never mind the "this style that style" just do what your gut tells you & make it LOUD so the players know your there! nick other teams chants,modify them and make them your own.Why not have a comp to find something you can all get behind?

never mind the "this style that style" just do what your gut tells you & make it LOUD so the players know your there! nick other teams chants,modify them and make them your own.Why not have a comp to find something you can all get behind?
That's the purpose of the thread! to let everyone voice their opinion and come up with a general concensus.