Favorite Beer?

I will say I do like winter lager from Sam Adams. That ones actually pretty good.
lol. Sam Adams and I have a love/hate relationship. I started with the Boston Lager which was totally awesome. Next I started to get their sampler packs and found myself drinking all of the Sam Adams beers except the Lager. This obviously led me to their small batch beers. Just when I think I find my perfect beer they take them away. Thus my epic quest began to find the ultimate beer, which as it turns out is usually what ever is in the fridge.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I love Sam Adams as well. I feel like it hasn't been the same since they got bought out a while ago but maybe that's just a mental thing for me. Summer and Fall Sam are two of my go to beers. I go up to Vermont for Oktoberfest most fall's and we've gone through endless amounts of Fall Sam Adams. Damn good times.

Now I need a beer.

Reactions: AlexB and Gene
I guess like most Sam Adams drinkers, I too started out with the Boston Lager (which I still love as mentioned). Of course I moved on to the seasonal ales and then the sampler packs and then tried any number of the other wares they have to offer.

TBH, other than the Lager all the other beers they offer are lost on me. A running joke I have with my wife is they brew one huge batch of beer and just put different labels on the bottles, because they all taste the same to me.

Boston Lager and Summer Ale are staples in my house. Their Latitude 48 isn't a bad IPA imho.

Reactions: AlexB and jerzy
I love IPAs- the hoppier, the better. I will try and drink mostly anything though.
Pork Slap from Butternuts is fantastic for a low ABV beer, they're up by Ommegang as well.
Like einwindir einwindir , I also consider beer a hobby- visiting breweries, trying as many new beers as possible, I do a bit of homebrewing as well. On that note--
vHmkFcZ.jpg

TBH, other than the Lager all the other beers they offer are lost on me. A running joke I have with my wife is they brew one huge batch of beer and just put different labels on the bottles, because they all taste the same to me.
That's how I feel about Magic Hat.

Reactions: einwindir
I love IPAs- the hoppier, the better. I will try and drink mostly anything though.
Pork Slap from Butternuts is fantastic for a low ABV beer, they're up by Ommegang as well.
Like einwindir einwindir , I also consider beer a hobby- visiting breweries, trying as many new beers as possible, I do a bit of homebrewing as well. On that note--
vHmkFcZ.jpg
Awesome quote. I have always wanted to try my hand at homebrewing, I just have never gotten around to it. No time like the present. Looks like I am going to have to look into the NYC Homebrewers Guild. Any ideas on kits? This is going to be an awesome hobby. Thanks.

Reactions: jerzy
I love my beer like I love my women... bitter. Big IPA fan.

My Fav has to be Stone's Arrogant Bastard... bitter, strong and all business.
When I feel fancy I second Ommegang's Three Philosophers at room temperature. When its cold I have a hard time tasting the cherry flavor.
My new go-to beer when I don't want to get tipsy is Founder's All Day IPA... probably has the alcohol level of a Coors or Bud, but with that great IPA taste. Plus it comes in a can... I love cans - very old school. Highly recommended for all day drinking.

I love Sam Adams as well. I feel like it hasn't been the same since they got bought out a while ago but maybe that's just a mental thing for me. Summer and Fall Sam are two of my go to beers. I go up to Vermont for Oktoberfest most fall's and we've gone through endless amounts of Fall Sam Adams. Damn good times.

Now I need a beer.
Nice. There is nothing like New England in the fall. The explosions of color, its like nature's Forth of July. It's definitely something I look forward to enjoying. Of course I'll be looking forward to making my trip down to Carmines later to kick off the weekend. Thanks for the selection ideas.

Awesome quote. I have always wanted to try my hand at homebrewing, I just have never gotten around to it. No time like the present. Looks like I am going to have to look into the NYC Homebrewers Guild. Any ideas on kits? This is going to be an awesome hobby. Thanks.
I'd recommend starting out with a simpler beer- like a pilsner, just to get yourself familiarized with the process. Where are you located? I can probably recommend some stores, websites, equipment, etc.

As curious as I am about home brewing I don't know that I could make anything better than what I'm buying. Before the craft beer boom I would have made my own stuff but being able to go down the street and buy beers of all tastes from all over satisfies my needs for different ales.

Much respect to you guys who do homebrew though. I'm probably too much of a wuss to try it myself honestly ha ha.

Reactions: jerzy and einwindir
I'd recommend starting out with a simpler beer- like a pilsner, just to get yourself familiarized with the process. Where are you located? I can probably recommend some stores, websites, equipment, etc.
Great. Thanks. I am in the Upper West Side, Manhattan. I saw the beer video on the Whole Food site, home brewing looks awesome! I know I am guaranteed to make some awful concoctions but it will be so much fun to experiment with flavors and foods.

As curious as I am about home brewing I don't know that I could make anything better than what I'm buying.
It's more about the journey than the destination. At best, you develop the greatest beer you've ever had. At worst, you've made beer.

At it's most basic beer is four things. Sugar (from malted barley), Water, Yeast, Hops.

Yeast needs warm/hot water to survive. It needs sugar to eat. After it eats sugar, it poops alchohol. The hops act as a preservative to keep the yeast from killing itself.

Now you understand the basics. Go make beer.

As curious as I am about home brewing I don't know that I could make anything better than what I'm buying. Before the craft beer boom I would have made my own stuff but being able to go down the street and buy beers of all tastes from all over satisfies my needs for different ales.

Much respect to you guys who do homebrew though. I'm probably too much of a wuss to try it myself honestly ha ha.
I totally agree, the beers that are out there are extraordinary, but you never know until you give it a shot. I figure why not? I have been dragging my feet long enough. Time to jump in with both feet. At least you know you made something that has never been made before.

I have staved off coming to this thread for far too long. Beer ... hmm ...

I positively love Samuel Adams Boston, but with me now living in Germany, it isn't easy to get a hold of. Always drank it when living in TN, but the amount of 'gas station crap' on offer is staggering, and that goes for the traditional big boys, too: Bud (piss water), Coors (ugh!), and Miller (who the hell makes a lite beer, and thinks this is a good idea?).

Now if I go back to when I lived in England, then I have to give a massive shout out to Wychwood and in particular their honey beer. But there are some corking IPAs in England.

However, now I live in the Land of Beer, where it is literally described as 'Liquid Bread' and is a God given right to have cheap access to (I shit you not, it is a law), the World is my oyster.

Beer here starts at the equivalent of $0.40c, and sometimes is far cheaper, and the more you buy the more you save. However, the really good stuff is the Augustiner's, Mönchshof's, and Warsteiner's. Of course, Czech Rep. is just down the road, and the beer is even cheaper there! I bought several different ones on a visit, and every single one of them were bloody fantastic with a minimum ABV of 5% (incidentally, the UK charges more the higher the ABV is, which is not the case in this part of the World - 4% beers cost the same as 8% beers).

I shall leave this for now with the following image I created:
2 pints.jpg

Simply glorious. The "Land of Beer" is something I must get around to in the future. London, is my favorite city in the world outside the continental United States. Besides representing all the glory that is England, London is only a stone's throw from all the splendid beer destinations of Europe. I am going to have to brush up on my languages. One thing I try and do for every World Cup is drink a beer from each country I want to win a match. Originally it was for every goal scored, but that had a tendency to get out of control very quickly.

I´m really an ale man.. But a Heineken or Carlsberg will do me just fine, a Bud or Fosters nicely chilled is not bad either but forget about Miller, horrible stuff miller.
Czech beers are nice but upsets my stomach, same for most German beers sadly with the exception of Warsteiner´s for some odd reasons.
San Miguel is seriously underrated IMHO.

But give me a Double Maxim, Newcastle Brown or Boddingtons and I´ll be happy.. :cool: