Favorite Beer?

I forgot to add, and I apologise, that the Trappist Monks of Belgium make, possibly, the World's greatest beer.
I'm not a fan of quads, tripels, et al, but I would love to visit Westvleteren. I feel like drinking anything made by Trappist Monks in their "Home" would be a damn near religious experience.

Reactions: AlexB
Foster's was my first "foreign" beer. I thought what is not to love about a beer served in an oil can? Oil cans of course meant more beer. I remember reading sometime ago about how some monk told everyone not to drink the water but to drink only beer. He saved an entire village from the Bubonic Plague, at least so the story goes, don't recall if it was a Trappist Monk. In any event, they sure do make amazing beer. On the home brewing beer front, Carmine's Beer said they would possibly be doing home brewed beer tastings in the future, (within 6 months). Hopefully, with some luck on my side I should be ready.

Reactions: einwindir
2 beers.jpg

The one on the left is Czech, and fantabulous, if you ever find it buy as much of it as you can.
The one on the right is Belgian and is equally so, also spend all your money on this should you come across it.
The Czech one is 5.6% and the Belgian one is 6% as I recall.

Reactions: AlexB
Nice! Apologies for the recent absence. Trying to finish off a project before Brazil. Speaking of which anybody know of any Brazilian Beers? Definitely going to give whatever the local variety is a try.

Nice! Apologies for the recent absence. Trying to finish off a project before Brazil. Speaking of which anybody know of any Brazilian Beers? Definitely going to give whatever the local variety is a try.
the only Brazilian beer I've tried is Brahma, maybe is just me but I don't recommend it.

From the mass marketed ones I usually go for Red Stripe, there's just something about them I love. I also go for Hoegarden or Blue Moon as a second option. If it's a party I usually settle for Corona or Heineken, and the best cheap one is probably Rolling Rock, although PBR is up there in the crappy-weight competition.

From the mass marketed ones I usually go for Red Stripe, there's just something about them I love. I also go for Hoegarden or Blue Moon as a second option. If it's a party I usually settle for Corona or Heineken, and the best cheap one is probably Rolling Rock, although PBR is up there in the crappy-weight competition.
...and when you've got an extra 20 in your pocket and no where to got for the next few hours, what are you picking up?

I've been getting Great South Bay: Blood Orange Pale Ale lately. Its a great outdoor beer.

I tried this beer in Maine, "Allagash," and I've seen it lately at some NY places like Dinosaur BBQ, that would definitely be my favorite "rare" beer. I would most definitely recommend it.

I tried this beer in Maine, "Allagash," and I've seen it lately at some NY places like Dinosaur BBQ, that would definitely be my favorite "rare" beer. I would most definitely recommend it.
Most likely Allagash White. Allagash is the brewery and 'white' being the style of beer. Very similar to Blue Moon in style, but the flavors are a little more refined.

INB4 refined as in focused and intentional flavors. Not 'refined' in the snobby sense.

Most likely Allagash White. Allagash is the brewery and 'white' being the style of beer. Very similar to Blue Moon in style, but the flavors are a little more refined.

INB4 refined as in focused and intentional flavors. Not 'refined' in the snobby sense.

You are very correct, I'm sorry I'm not too familiar with it, but after looking it up, Allagash White is the one I've tried. I've only had 3 or 4 times, but whenever I see I go for it, it's as you said a more refined blue moon.

Reactions: einwindir
Tbh I recently had both Landshark and Miller Genuine Draft for the first time and I thoroughly enjoyed both

Just found a bar in Rio called Beer Jack Hideout, from what I read it has a good selection of local Brazilian beers as well as micro-brews. I definitely am putting this on the to do list. Will post pics and videos of the experience. Of course they are going to be getting a NYCFC sticker! Any other suggestions or ideas of establishments/locations in Rio that should get an NYCFC sticker let me know.
http://www.beerjack.com.br/