Favorite Beer?

Just found a bar in Rio called Beer Jack Hideout, from what I read it has a good selection of local Brazilian beers as well as micro-brews. I definitely am putting this on the to do list. Will post pics and videos of the experience. Of course they are going to be getting a NYCFC sticker! Any other suggestions or ideas of establishments/locations in Rio that should get an NYCFC sticker let me know.
http://www.beerjack.com.br/
Everywhere, just put them everywhere lmao

Reactions: AlexB
Hey folks

I like my beers intense - like a good smack in the teeth - One of the best I've ever tasted was the Bris Bons Bons by Fantom ... I really dig IPAs the 90 minute from dogfish is a beer i judge all beers against. D.C. Brau's lineup is amazing (small brewery from dc that is creeping up here.) Love me some goodies from Stone, Three Floyds.

North Coast's Old Rasputin is a fantastic stout.

I do enjoy a nice brooklyn lager. I think hop slam is overrated. Ok blah blah blah -

Favorite spot to drink new beers in nyc is biercraft in brooklyn. Good sandwiches and tons of different beers.

Hey folks

I like my beers intense - like a good smack in the teeth - One of the best I've ever tasted was the Bris Bons Bons by Fantom ... I really dig IPAs the 90 minute from dogfish is a beer i judge all beers against. D.C. Brau's lineup is amazing (small brewery from dc that is creeping up here.) Love me some goodies from Stone, Three Floyds.

North Coast's Old Rasputin is a fantastic stout.

I do enjoy a nice brooklyn lager. I think hop slam is overrated. Ok blah blah blah -

Favorite spot to drink new beers in nyc is biercraft in brooklyn. Good sandwiches and tons of different beers.
Some pretty good beers you've got there. I wasn't impressed with Hopslam either. Two-Hearted is probably my favorite though, I'm so happy Bell's finally distributes here.

I've been wanting to visit Bierkraft for a long time now...but we always managed to go somewhere else when an opportunity arose. Have you been to Beer Boutique in Williamsburg?

no I haven't, I've been in the city for almost a year now, well since I moved back, I'm a fan of the room (or other room, another room) for decent rotating drafts, always something interesting, stuffy crowd, lot's of match.com second dates going on, but great bartenders, and burp castle. Other than that I;ve mainly been hitting the interesting whiskey bars. But Bierkraft is well worth it. IS the Beer Boutique just a beer store or what's the haps?

no I haven't, I've been in the city for almost a year now, well since I moved back, I'm a fan of the room (or other room, another room) for decent rotating drafts, always something interesting, stuffy crowd, lot's of match.com second dates going on, but great bartenders, and burp castle. Other than that I;ve mainly been hitting the interesting whiskey bars. But Bierkraft is well worth it. IS the Beer Boutique just a beer store or what's the haps?
Yup. Just a plain old Beer Store. No bigger than your average Bodega. They only sell Craft. Have a like ten rotating drafts for 1 liter "growler" fills. The owner and his wife are extremely friendly. The kind of people that will make you want to go out of your way to visit them...I live in Queens so it's a bit of a hassle for us, but anytime we're in BK we make it a point to stop there.

Not heavily into the craft beer scene. But as far as favorite beer I gotta say right now summer Shandy made in Wisconsin by a family who's name I can't pronounce or spell leninkugle?

a summer shandy is like delicious lemonade on a hot day ... i mean it's beer-like-lemonade ... so good!

Pliny the Elder, Heady Topper, Westvleteren 12.

Duvel is excellent and you can never go wrong with a sweet pint of Guinness.

Reactions: einwindir
Beer is something of a hobby of mine. Spending a lot of time trying new beers, visiting breweries anywhere we go. I might be one of the few people who get a little excited when someone starts talking 'Beer'.

As for favorites:
Goto Brewery: Lagunitas
Goto beer: Bell's Two-Hearted
Mass Marketed: Guiness, Yuengling

I do the same thing.... Travel the world to try more and more of it. And all scribed on Untappd (a lovely little app which logs my alcoholism).

I do the same thing.... Travel the world to try more and more of it. And all scribed on Untappd (a lovely little app which logs my alcoholism).
I'm on Untappd as well. Either 'einwindir' or 'daveeinwindir' can't quite remember which.

Reactions: Brendan
Just got back from spending a few days in San Francisco and I found this local brew very satisfying.
steam-bio.png

As a side note has anyone ever stopped in at the Buena Vista? Got a tip that their Irish Coffee is the best and I wasn't the least bit disappointed. Definitely a stop you have to make if you're ever out that way.

Reactions: AlexB
Just got back from spending a few days in San Francisco and I found this local brew very satisfying.

Nice. Yeah, I haven't had Anchor in so long I barely remember what it tastes like, but I remember I liked it. I tried it for the first time out at a bar in Fisherman's Wharf. Always good to experience the local brews. Makes for a nice trip down memory lane...long story short somehow I wound up in Mexico...lol Definitely going to try that Irish Coffee when I make it out that way again.

As a side note has anyone ever stopped in at the Buena Vista? Got a tip that their Irish Coffee is the best and I wasn't the least bit disappointed. Definitely a stop you have to make if you're ever out that way.