Fifa Corruption

Fuck Blatter right off for a start

AMEN. What I don't get is how can referees be punished for match fixing. And yet, all these big shots get off without a slap on the hand for accepting bribes from Qatar?

Bull shit. Blatter should get locked up.

has anyone seen fifas new commercial that says they are against manipulation, and yada yada?

Like how they manipulate the country they "choose" to host the world cup into taking their money to put in their billion dollar reserve?

Like how the country they "choose", Qatar, manipulates their workers/slaves to build stadiums?

And how did beckenbauer get in trouble yet blatter is still free? Using a legend as a scapegoat? C'mon

The problem with FIFA is there is no body to regulate them. Unless we get fantastically lucky and there is an overhaul of leadership that results in completely honest individuals being put in charge, this corruption will continue. And the way succession works, it is an old boys club. Everybody within the organization is suspect. You almost think those calling out Blatter would do the same in position, and they are only calling him out in an attempt to get into his position.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Qatar thing is one of the biggest jokes of all time. Tiny nation with no footballing history and a crap team but lots of money gets the cup over obviously more qualified nations and then can't even stage the damn thing when it's supposed to? How much more obvious could it be that bribes were involved? Then Blatter tries to play the racism card. It truly is unbelievable. The vote should be redone and Blatter should be out possibly even in jail.

Reactions: Paul
Both uefa & fifa are run by morally bankrupt thieves!their only interest is to line their pockets through back handers.
as an example where does the FFP fines go? dont tell me back in to football! when it gets to switzerland it will "disappear" into thin air better known as blatters pocket!!!!!!!!!!!

The amount of corruption is unparalleled in the known sports world. Qatar getting the world cup is the biggest joke of all time. Hope they pull it from Qatar and give it to US and Canada or US. If not US will get it come 2026 if they bid

I believe that any large organization inevitably becomes corrupted. FIFA, however, is more corrupt than most, and I believe its curious reluctance to instant replay is due to the resulting increased difficulty in fixing games it wants fixed.

I believe that any large organization inevitably becomes corrupted. FIFA, however, is more corrupt than most, and I believe its curious reluctance to instant replay is due to the resulting increased difficulty in fixing games it wants fixed.

I do not think FIFA fix individual matches, they would get very little out of that. That is not to say they wouldn't fix things like world cup bids, and other business deals.

For that reason I think all technology should be removed from the game full stop. Leaving the game the same from the top to the bottom of the pyramids, and without stoppages.

TV replays & banning players etc after the game do allow Football Associations (not FIFA) to manipulate the results of internal competitions by penalizing a team (& therefore giving advantage to another team) the following week

For example if the Ref misses a foul in the box, and the FA act by banning the offending player the following week, the team offended against get no advantage, but the team the following week might.

The missed penalty is not awarded, and the FA do not go back and retrospectively change the result of the game do they.

I do not think FIFA fix individual matches, they would get very little out of that. That is not to say they wouldn't fix things like world cup bids, and other business deals.

For that reason I think all technology should be removed from the game full stop. Leaving the game the same from the top to the bottom of the pyramids, and without stoppages.

TV replays & banning players etc after the game do allow Football Associations (not FIFA) to manipulate the results of internal competitions by penalizing a team (& therefore giving advantage to another team) the following week

For example if the Ref misses a foul in the box, and the FA act by banning the offending player the following week, the team offended against get no advantage, but the team the following week might.

The missed penalty is not awarded, and the FA do not go back and retrospectively change the result of the game do they.

I can't say I agree that FIFA have no incentive to fix individual matches. Sponsorship, broadcast rights, and other considerations heavily weigh upon certain team and/or player involvement in later rounds of tournaments and fixing matches is one way to assure this happens (ie. awarding a soft or incorrect penalty to allow for a winning goal leading to the host nation moving on to the next round of the World Cup).

I believe corruption is pervasive at all levels, operations, and processes within FIFA, unfortunately. I do also agree one of the reasons for their resistance to technology is the dilution of their ability to influence outcomes. There are others they have enumerated, of course, but several of those are laughable given their resources. Both Blatter and Platini have several times indicated it would be too costly to implement replay system across all levels. That argument seems fair until you study both FIFA and UEFA's finances. FIFA openly admits to having over a billion Euros in reserve (which they will pad even further after receiving most of all revenue generated from the World Cup in Brazil tax-free) and UEFA operates with considerable cash flow, as well. They could easily help subsidise implementation, training, and maintenance for the first and second divisions of the various top flights (and in time take the system to the lower leagues).

Last edited:

If Suárez get's a ban for his 'masseter reflex' that overwhelmed him again in the World Cup game against Italy, then Italy wont get any benefit from it either - they will still have been kicked out. So what do you think, should Suárez receive a ban or a muzzle now? :D