FIFA World Cup 2018 - Quarter-finals

Do you want brazil to win? >_> The only reason I'd want Brazil to win is because I want to see Firmino happy... but half their other players are too entitled with their diving and manipulating the ref- it really doesn't please me to see them get their way with such antics.

Damnnnnnn... Augusto missed such an easy goal there.

Kompany is starting to have a tough go.

Do you want brazil to win? >_> The only reason I'd want Brazil to win is because I want to see Firmino happy... but half their other players are too entitled with their diving and manipulating the ref- it really doesn't please me to see them get their way with such antics.
I want Brazil to win for pure entertainment value. It's next to impossible for Brazil to play a boring match.

France vs. Belgium wouldn't be nearly as wide open as France vs. Brazil.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
DAAAAYYYUMMMMMMMMM...should have been level. Coutinho caught it poorly.

I want Brazil to win for pure entertainment value. It's next to impossible for Brazil to play a boring match.

France vs. Belgium wouldn't be nearly as wide open as France vs. Brazil.
I guess that is true... But honestly Neymar and co were taught a lesson 4 years ago, learned nothing, and I'm really hoping they get taken out here-- but will Neymar learn? no, I don't think so.

Right now, though, Brazil looks way the better- Brazil is gonna belgium Belgium only 4 days after Belguim belgium'd Japan!

That's a weird ass sub, imo. Lukaku is such a bully and a great outlet.

With Brazil and Uruguay out today...

Welcome to Euro 2018.

The last World Cup winner not from UEFA was Brazil in 2002 at Korea/Japan.

With Brazil and Uruguay out today...

Welcome to Euro 2018.

The last World Cup winner not from UEFA was Brazil in 2002 at Korea/Japan.

With the number of shocks etc, this tournament has felt like a European championship from the outset

I think Belgium wins the World Cup, which would be cool, being a team that's never won it before. France is good but I think Belgium will edge that match, they are a more veteran team and well-balanced. On the other side of the bracket, I wouldn't be surprised by anything, even Russia advancing to the semi, but I expect an England/Croatia semi. Tough to predict a winner in that one but I see Belgium beating either one.

The way I've had it all the way since the group stages ended is (I've gotten every prediction other than spain and portugal right, but yet my semi's all ended up like this):
england vs sweden- sweden win. Russia vs Croatia- Croatia win
Croatia vs England- Croatia win
France vs Belgium- France win
France vs Croatia- France wins.
That's my thoughts!

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
The way I've had it all the way since the group stages ended is (I've gotten every prediction other than spain and portugal right, but yet my semi's all ended up like this):
england vs sweden- sweden win. Russia vs Croatia- Croatia win
Croatia vs England- Croatia win
France vs Belgium- France win
France vs Croatia- France wins.
That's my thoughts!

How does Sweden win and England advance? Are you assuming your own picks are wrong?

Very happy right now as France are my favorite team (minus USA) and Brazil my least favorite though I might live to regret it cause Belgium are GOOD. The Dutch must be furious right now they were better than their neighbor for so long if Belgium win a cup to their 3 finals losses...

Reactions: Ulrich
I think Belgium wins the World Cup, which would be cool, being a team that's never won it before. France is good but I think Belgium will edge that match, they are a more veteran team and well-balanced. On the other side of the bracket, I wouldn't be surprised by anything, even Russia advancing to the semi, but I expect an England/Croatia semi. Tough to predict a winner in that one but I see Belgium beating either one.
I think France will win, but I like your scenario. France will have another chance due to youth. I think this might be Belgium’s last great chance. Toby will be old, Kompany will be ancient next time. I’m sure VK will retire from international play after they go out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny
What a freaking ball by Henderson. Great control by Sterling. And then he just Razzed it so bad...We LFC and City fans are all too familiar with that sequence.

One year, he's going to figure it out (or just get really fortunate) and have Mo Salah numbers.

giphy.gif