FIFA World Cup 2018 - Round of 16

I honestly think Belgium are at least as talented on paper as Brazil. I did not get a chance to watch today (at work) but followed as closely as I could. I know there's two ways to look at it heading into the last eight. One is they under performed and had to come back against against Japan. The other is they stayed calm and composed and pulled off a great come back. People who actually were able to watch the match can more accurately comment on their form headed into this.

I'm gonna put this on coaching. Belgium's subs were on point. They did a double sub and both guys produced goals. Pushing Fellaini up was the perfect tactic. They needed big bodies in the box and started crossing every time. Totally changed the flow of the game.

From Japan's view point. I think they were surprised to be up 2-0 and didn't know how to handle it. They subbed too late, sat back on defense and left the midfield exposed. You could see them bending too much, it was just a matter of time before they broke. They would have lost in extra time anyway the way the game was going. They should have put Honda in earlier IMO.

Last edited:
How is it that Fellaini always scores headers? Like... How is it that all the people with Fellaini hair score headers all the time?!

Half, through my father. My fantasy team is Malinska FC..... not a world famous town but coulda/shoulda been read as something balkan. I think I've also made some references to it elsewhere. I am born and bred NYer though, so probably just a poser to legit croats, but fuck 'em I say we when referring to Croatia. I know you are too, I recall reading it somewhere.

My grandfather is Croatian. I've got a Croatian middle name too, but I've never been and don't speak the language, aside from a couple of common phrases.

I love the fact that it gives me a rooting interest in Europe. Hrvatska!

My grandfather is Croatian. I've got a Croatian middle name too, but I've never been and don't speak the language, aside from a couple of common phrases.

I love the fact that it gives me a rooting interest in Europe. Hrvatska!
That’s awesome. I moved here when I was 8 shortly after the conflict. We’re from Central Bosnia but considered ‘croats’

I just stopped by the NYCFC Rock Center watch party for 20 minutes. Definitely a Colombia crowd though enough rooting England to be heard.
BD1F8C98-F39F-40FF-9DD1-4E14147691AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Bring on the Trippier height jokes.