Finding a home for supporters

I propose the Bruckner Bar and Grill for the Bronx. It is just over the Third Avenue bridge (technically sort of under it) so Uptown/Harlem folks would find it very accessible as well. I've watched a few EPL games there, and It's right by my house. Only one screen though. Just an idea.

Reactions: einwindir
I also live out in Staten Island and there are a couple of places that would certainly host us for games. Mother Pug's on Forest Avenue and Nurnberger Bierhalle both would show games and I'm friends with both of the owners as well.

I live very close to both of these places. That would be amazing!

I'm right up the street too. It'd be amazing to have a NYCFC bar in the area.

If you guys decide on a place let either myself or NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan know. We can do a sticky post in the pub section with all the NYCFC-friendly bars.

We'd also like to loosely coordinate meet-up dates too. As far as I know @Buckley and his group are planning the end of Apr.

If you guys decide on a place let either myself or NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan know. We can do a sticky post in the pub section with all the NYCFC-friendly bars.

We'd also like to loosely coordinate meet-up dates too. As far as I know @Buckley and his group are planning the end of Apr.

Will do. Thanks for all you do here, btw.

I propose the Bruckner Bar and Grill for the Bronx. It is just over the Third Avenue bridge (technically sort of under it) so Uptown/Harlem folks would find it very accessible as well. I've watched a few EPL games there, and It's right by my house. Only one screen though. Just an idea.

Even living Uptown that location isn't very accessible at all (by public transportation)... It takes the same time to get to the opposite side of the borough.

Has anyone been in the Mad hatter?

http://www.nycfc.com/Fans

I'll say the same thing I said on the Facebook page. The Mad Hatter is first and foremost a Man City bar, I think it's incredibly important for us to have our own identity as the more the club is associated with Man City the more it will detract people who are fans of other clubs.

Reactions: jerzy and einwindir
I been reading a lot about this Man City stigma that SOME fans have for what is the Man City's MLS team. They hired and trained our coach and might even loan us players. Having gone to RB Arena I have seen jerseys from many leagues and it's cause they are happy to see a football game in the Tri-state area.
If the bar is to small, to pricey, not in the city or only serve wine then I agree better yet run away.

I been reading a lot about this Man City stigma that SOME fans have for what is the Man City's MLS team. They hired and trained our coach and might even loan us players. Having gone to RB Arena I have seen jerseys from many leagues and it's cause they are happy to see a football game in the Tri-state area.
If the bar is to small, to pricey, not in the city or only serve wine then I agree better yet run away.

I agree with you completely.
Being a City fan I welcome the team off the bat. Still, even if you're not a fan you should respect the fact that they've done so much and will do a lot more for this club.
Things like chants, songs, etc YES- separate yourself. A bar on the other hand... if that's the best choice and if the bar is inviting fans of the sister club then no there isn't a need to separate.

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers with my opinion and you all make good points (and I certainly respect Man City's position throughout this whole thing), I'm just saying we don't need to have it beaten into us at every turn. But look, when push comes to shove I'll go wherever the majority is comfortable. In the end it's not really a big deal we're all united behind the same team in the end. I just want City fans to understand the viewpoint of those who aren't.

Tiger Jones Tiger Jones your opinion is probably one of the best delivered from those who have been suggesting or wanting a new bar. Some of the bars that I have seen being suggested might not be Club homes but do have days they support Clubs from same or different leagues. Right now we are saying this bar that bar when the stadium location might affect our choice. For the pub or bar crawl we should just go to the strip club there we will really bond and have more then soccer balls bouncing! :rolleyes:

Tiger Jones Tiger Jones your opinion is probably one of the best delivered from those who have been suggesting or wanting a new bar. Some of the bars that I have seen being suggested might not be Club homes but do have days they support Clubs from same or different leagues. Right now we are saying this bar that bar when the stadium location might affect our choice. For the pub or bar crawl we should just go to the strip club there we will really bond and have more then soccer balls bouncing! :rolleyes:

Absolutely, for a pub crawl, anything goes! Looking forward to it.

Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
Would it be too much to ask if their could be discussion of a place outside of the City? Somewhere around like Westchester or in between?

Would it be too much to ask if their could be discussion of a place outside of the City? Somewhere around like Westchester or in between?
I think that's taboo 'round these parts. I would personally be very disappointed if NYCFC decided to go outside the boro's. But it wouldn't really keep me from going to games. As a matter of fact, being in Westchester or even ::gulp:: Yonkers, would probably have me going to more games than if it were in the Bronx. Why? I absolutely under no circumstances would ever drive into the Bronx, but I would drive to Yonkers/Westchester.

e: I should mention, I live in northern Queens.

I think that's taboo 'round these parts. I would personally be very disappointed if NYCFC decided to go outside the boro's. But it wouldn't really keep me from going to games. As a matter of fact, being in Westchester or even ::gulp:: Yonkers, would probably have me going to more games than if it were in the Bronx. Why? I absolutely under no circumstances would ever drive into the Bronx, but I would drive to Yonkers/Westchester.

e: I should mention, I live in northern Queens.

Yeah, driving into the Bronx is really rough, thats why I was wondering if their would be some place out of the boros for people who can't easily get there and back.

This is only a thread about finding a base for fans to meet up. If we're proposing to have one base per borough I think it also makes sense to have a base or two outside the city limits. It's the stadium which needs to be inside NYCFC, not the fans. If we only permitted fans who live in the 5 boroughs, this forum would be half as busy as it is.

Reactions: einwindir