For Those Considering Leaving...

Vinjay

Registered
Mar 19, 2014
It would be hypocritical of me to denounce anyone who is considering leaving but here's some thoughts based on my own past. Its something I've not brought up on here (not because of shame but because nobody is owed an explanation) but the time is right to draw from my own experiences. At the risk of sounding too self important here's the condensed details...and condensed does not mean hidden.

I know what its like to walk out on a club but what does it truly take to break a bond? For me it took years of constant lies, staggering hypocrisy, endless belittlement, depressing parochial outlook and a complete lack of respect (understatement of the century) for an all time club legend. (and the latter reason proved to be the most important hence the bold text) Ultimately my bond with that club became broken because I lost all respect for the other FANS. There were problems with certain players, managers, etc as well but ultimately it was a breakdown in my relationship with other fans that caused me to leave. For the record one other fan I know well did the same thing and for the same reasons (being sick and tired of the lying bastards to put it in blunt context) A while ago on here (which nobody probably noticed) I referred to Man United fans as the 2nd worst in the UK. Unfortunately I know the ones who are even worse VERY well...

In 2011 I changed my allegiance to Manchester City . On Blue Moon some fans denounced me as a glory hunting scumbag as I made no attempt to hide my past (AND NO I DID NOT SUPPORT MAN UNITED!) and couldn't see it as anything but a black and white situation. They were the angels with the white hats and I was the devil wearing the black hat. Synonymous with all what is wrong with football in their opinions. I tried to explain that certain circumstances took me there (and may have done so a lot sooner even before 2008) but they didn't care. To some extent I couldn't really blame them but what is there to gain from lying on the internet about my reasons? Granted not everybody was abusive (it was mainly the same ones) but after being told to "fuck off" one too many times I stopped posting on Blue Moon. I was also referred to as an "attention seeking psycho" amongst other things. Ironically enough some of those same people are now ignoring the lack of commitment shown by Lampard and a complete disregard for the feelings of NYCFC fans.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. MCFC was not the reason I came here. Under different circumstances this is probably where I would have ended up first. Some people might say New York attracts me for the "wrong" reasons. It is after all one of the most prestigious locations on the global map. Well yes I'll admit that the stature of New York is alluring but nowhere else even comes close. If it was that simple I would move to the city in a heartbeat. That is no lie as once again what would be the point of lying on an anonymous internet forum?

However its like I've said there is nothing more important to a club than its FANS. If that link becomes broken (and to put it in the strongest possible terms the fans of the club I supported before 2011 are basically dead to me now) there's nothing left. One player should not bring upon the destruction of the relationship between a single fan and club. Anyone who remembers me on Blue Moon can call me a disgrace as much as they want and the following statement probably won't make me welcome back there...

Lampard is wrong. 100% completely and utterly wrong. Its a complicated matter because I'm not going to wish failure on MCFC or in the process Lampard himself. Any reasonable MCFC fan (and they are the best in England in my opinion) will sympathise with NYCFC fans over this. The ones who say "NYCFC are our bitches" or "couldn't give a fuck" should have a good, hard look at themselves before they denounce others.

I know in the US its not quite the same to a lot of people whereas in England anyone who leaves one club for another is cast as an eternal scumbag. There's fans on here who have openly admitted to supporting Red Bulls and Cosmos. I'm not going to judge them for choosing to leave because once again that would be hypocritical. Its a different culture and if some people want to be "snobbish" and make dismissive statements about "yanks" then let them. Maybe its a healthier culture.

Think about Jason Kreis and how he must be feeling right now. Despite those feelings he isn't going to walk out. People can say what they like about me (and to be honest I'm not expecting a major backlash from people on here) but I fought relentlessly for SIX WHOLE YEARS (which obviously was not the entire tenure of my support) until walking away. Despite the insult (and yes for anyone from Blue Moon I said INSULT) don't let one thing destroy it. Reconsider walking away because as long as there's a bond with other fans that's something to stick around for. Yes that does not change the fact that I ultimately turned my back (and many wouldn't have stayed so long being as utterly depressed and miserable as I was) but the point is how much it took and how LONG. There is so much more worth fighting for at NYCFC.

Anyway on a separate note...

Presumably the NYCFC games at Etihad Campus are going to be public. I haven't been to MCFC in about a year mainly because I don't want to go my own (that wasn't the case before though it might change) plus financial reasons. The situation might change at some point but my support hasn't exactly been exceptional in recent months. I do want to go to the NYCFC games (at Etihad Campus) and if anyone is willing please send me a PM. I was going to post a thread about it but would rather post it here. The main concern has been what those fans associated with MCFC (the ones who support NYCFC and MCFC that is) would think of me. Well unless you have a problem with my past feel free to contact me about attending those games.

This is the last and I mean the LAST time I'm commenting on my past at least on the public section of the forum. Since joining this forum I've barely had one argument or major disagreement (contrary to virtually everywhere else I've been) and would rather keep it that way. As stated before nobody is owed an explanation but if it makes even one NYCFC fan reconsider its all worth it. Remember it could be a hell of a lot worse!

Vinjay

Last edited:
Thought he was calling me a "rat" which would have been ironic considering his complains about being insulted. If you want to use acronyms at least use ones that are clearly understood. Google does not come up with "not reading all that" typing that in. Also if people have a problem with long posts then they should stick to twitter. Forums are being dragged down by the "twitter generation" influence. Mentioned some time ago (in the early days of the forum) it might be a good idea to impose a minimum character limit. There's too many short, pointless posts which for the most part state the blatantly obvious. Wasn't there supposed to be incentive for making more insightful (or at least attempts at it) posts anyway?

It could have been a hell of a lot longer too...

Reactions: einwindir
I didn't read it all either, but I got the general gist... I think.

The difference between taking years of that abuse from the club you supported vs. the "abuse" we're getting here is that this is a brand new team. I understand that this isn't just business/consumer related. Sports are obviously different, but if a new restaurant opened up and they screwed you over immediately after marketing themselves as something else while they were renovating, you'd tell them to take a hike. So this is apples and oranges to someone jumping ship from a team they support because they disagreed with or felt betrayed by over one instance. This is about getting off on the wrong foot. Why even subject yourself to it.

I'm not leaving yet. I'll be at every game, but I'm down dropping hundreds of extra dollars down, and I may be a one-year season ticket holder. They have to be damn near perfect from here on out.

The fans make the club and hopefully NYCFC has the best fans in the city and country. That alone will attract more fans and top players. This lampard story is terrible mismanagement by the CFG, but Im used to shitty owners. This club is about New York, soccer, and the fans. I think fans will rally around this and we ll become one of the best mls fanbases.

Vijay- Im not into judging people's support for a team, so your story just makes sorry for you. I hope these forums are as supportive as possible. Now back to what really matters--the soccer!!

Reactions: Paul
It would be hypocritical of me to denounce anyone who is considering leaving but here's some thoughts based on my own past. Its something I've not brought up on here (not because of shame but because nobody is owed an explanation) but the time is right to draw from my own experiences. At the risk of sounding too self important here's the condensed details...and condensed does not mean hidden.

I know what its like to walk out on a club but what does it truly take to break a bond? For me it took years of constant lies, staggering hypocrisy, endless belittlement, depressing parochial outlook and a complete lack of respect (understatement of the century) for an all time club legend. (and the latter reason proved to be the most important hence the bold text) Ultimately my bond with that club became broken because I lost all respect for the other FANS. There were problems with certain players, managers, etc as well but ultimately it was a breakdown in my relationship with other fans that caused me to leave. For the record one other fan I know well did the same thing and for the same reasons (being sick and tired of the lying bastards to put it in blunt context) A while ago on here (which nobody probably noticed) I referred to Man United fans as the 2nd worst in the UK. Unfortunately I know the ones who are even worse VERY well...

In 2011 I changed my allegiance to Manchester City . On Blue Moon some fans denounced me as a glory hunting scumbag as I made no attempt to hide my past (AND NO I DID NOT SUPPORT MAN UNITED!) and couldn't see it as anything but a black and white situation. They were the angels with the white hats and I was the devil wearing the black hat. Synonymous with all what is wrong with football in their opinions. I tried to explain that certain circumstances took me there (and may have done so a lot sooner even before 2008) but they didn't care. To some extent I couldn't really blame them but what is there to gain from lying on the internet about my reasons? Granted not everybody was abusive (it was mainly the same ones) but after being told to "fuck off" one too many times I stopped posting on Blue Moon. I was also referred to as an "attention seeking psycho" amongst other things. Ironically enough some of those same people are now ignoring the lack of commitment shown by Lampard and a complete disregard for the feelings of NYCFC fans.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. MCFC was not the reason I came here. Under different circumstances this is probably where I would have ended up first. Some people might say New York attracts me for the "wrong" reasons. It is after all one of the most prestigious locations on the global map. Well yes I'll admit that the stature of New York is alluring but nowhere else even comes close. If it was that simple I would move to the city in a heartbeat. That is no lie as once again what would be the point of lying on an anonymous internet forum?

However its like I've said there is nothing more important to a club than its FANS. If that link becomes broken (and to put it in the strongest possible terms the fans of the club I supported before 2011 are basically dead to me now) there's nothing left. One player should not bring upon the destruction of the relationship between a single fan and club. Anyone who remembers me on Blue Moon can call me a disgrace as much as they want and the following statement probably won't make me welcome back there...

Lampard is wrong. 100% completely and utterly wrong. Its a complicated matter because I'm not going to wish failure on MCFC or in the process Lampard himself. Any reasonable MCFC fan (and they are the best in England in my opinion) will sympathise with NYCFC fans over this. The ones who say "NYCFC are our bitches" or "couldn't give a fuck" should have a good, hard look at themselves before they denounce others.

I know in the US its not quite the same to a lot of people whereas in England anyone who leaves one club for another is cast as an eternal scumbag. There's fans on here who have openly admitted to supporting Red Bulls and Cosmos. I'm not going to judge them for choosing to leave because once again that would be hypocritical. Its a different culture and if some people want to be "snobbish" and make dismissive statements about "yanks" then let them. Maybe its a healthier culture.

Think about Jason Kreis and how he must be feeling right now. Despite those feelings he isn't going to walk out. People can say what they like about me (and to be honest I'm not expecting a major backlash from people on here) but I fought relentlessly for SIX WHOLE YEARS (which obviously was not the entire tenure of my support) until walking away. Despite the insult (and yes for anyone from Blue Moon I said INSULT) don't let one thing destroy it. Reconsider walking away because as long as there's a bond with other fans that's something to stick around for. Yes that does not change the fact that I ultimately turned my back (and many wouldn't have stayed so long being as utterly depressed and miserable as I was) but the point is how much it took and how LONG. There is so much more worth fighting for at NYCFC.

Anyway on a separate note...

Presumably the NYCFC games at Etihad Campus are going to be public. I haven't been to MCFC in about a year mainly because I don't want to go my own (that wasn't the case before though it might change) plus financial reasons. The situation might change at some point but my support hasn't exactly been exceptional in recent months. I do want to go to the NYCFC games (at Etihad Campus) and if anyone is willing please send me a PM. I was going to post a thread about it but would rather post it here. The main concern has been what those fans associated with MCFC (the ones who support NYCFC and MCFC that is) would think of me. Well unless you have a problem with my past feel free to contact me about attending those games.

This is the last and I mean the LAST time I'm commenting on my past at least on the public section of the forum. Since joining this forum I've barely had one argument or major disagreement (contrary to virtually everywhere else I've been) and would rather keep it that way. As stated before nobody is owed an explanation but if it makes even one NYCFC fan reconsider its all worth it. Remember it could be a hell of a lot worse!

Vinjay

Good post. I agree most City fans show humility but every team has a few idiots.

I am considering leaving based on NYCFC response to this situation and MLS. They need to earn my business and fandom.

I want a team that wants to win. I do not want to support a Minor league feeder team. I'll wait for my first city Miami to get a new team as I was a Fusion fan back in the day.

NYCFC needs to go out and replace frank and need to make this sutuation right. Clear the air on what happened, explain what will happen in the future, and sign a 2nd DP that is great.

Last edited:
It's ok for you all to leave because you don't understand true passion supporting your team though thick even when you have been fucked over by a ref, chairman, bad manager, players but you still go every week sing your heart out even when your 4-0 down. This is coming from a season ticket holder from the last 17 years at mcfc so I know how to be fucked over and reading this forum and you cunts moaning makes me sick you haven't even kicked a ball yet! who brought David villa to the club?? Who funded your club??? Who is still putting money in the club?? When you get Gerrad I hope he goes melbourne and fucking stays there you ungrateful unloyal shit houses!

einwindir einwindir are we really allowing our forum to come to this? A forum for NYCFC Supporters, where we are called cunts and "shit houses" (which I assume could be offensive if it was an actual thing). It is hard to believe that this person has had tickets for 17 years, when they take time out of their day to set up an account to display a complete lack of self-control. Something becoming of an angry marginalized teenager with too much time on their hands. Life is too short and your day is most likely nearing the middle of it if you're in Mancheter, go do something with the rest of your day.

He was banned... And as I just stated based on analytic data from websites linking in we've had 300% more visitors from a chelsea forum than BM and hardly any from Man U sources.
We've banned plenty of MCFC fans coming here from BM and other City forums for the same shit. Trolling.

Reactions: JGriff217
Over the past 72 hours, I have thought long and hard over the Lampard fiasco and my conclusion is that, although I understand and sympathize with those who are turning away from NYCFC and want to give up their season tickets, I will not be going anywhere and I will fight to make sure that this is a club for NYC that NYers can be proud of because right now that is not the case. I, like many others, have waited a very long time to have a NYC club to call my own and now that it is here I’m not going to just walk away so easily (although I will not judge those who do because the ownership group lied to us for 5 months, plain and simple). I believe that we as fans have an obligation to call out ownership and hold their feet to the fire when something happens that we as fans do not agree with and this is a perfect opportunity to begin forging this club’s unique NY identity and culture by doing just that. We must strongly deliver the message that NYC will not stand for this insult and mismanagement and that NYC will never accept being treated as a second class city or like we are lesser than anyone else.

I am very happy to see that many others on this forum are also going to stay and fight for this club’s identity and future. The formal statement issued by the Third Rail is a good start and I’m happy that Midas and others are working on another statement expressing the collective outrage of NYers. We must all do our part to spread that message of discontent directly to CFG, NYCFC and MCFC via emails & phone calls, as well as on social platforms and through the media. I am also glad to hear that the Third Rail is planning protests which I will happily take part in. In-stadium protests including turning our backs to the field during the 8th minute as well as collective chants expressing our unhappiness to ownership should also be utilized in this case. The idea of boycotting CFG’s chosen marketing color, sky blue, should also be considered by all fans of NYCFC and I believe that no one should wear that color or purchase any additional merchandise in that color until we as fans of NYCFC can wear it with pride knowing that NYCFC is an equal partner in CFG and not just a marketing ploy and farm team used for the benefit of MCFC.

We, as fans of NYCFC, must not let this go because redress is absolutely necessary in this case and NYCFC would do well to issue a formal statement on Monday morning apologizing and explaining all of this to the 12,000+ season ticket holders and all other fans of NYCFC. We cannot simply allow this insult and fraud to go unanswered because otherwise the ownership group will continue mistreating us, our city and our club. The worst thing we, the angry disobedient children of CFG, can do is just walk away from NYCFC now because that will just make it easier for the ownership group to continue this mismanagement. We must all stick together and make sure that our voices are heard and that CFG is held accountable for this act of aggression towards us and our city.

I've heard of brick shit houses, but I have to admit I've no idea what an unloyal shit house is.......

Can those of you who are not behind the current set up please go away and raise the funds to start an alternative club that can begin to rival what is being built here.

Reactions: Jade Thompson