For Those Considering Leaving...

and would give a couple of posters on here ammunition to launch another scathing attack on a Brit MCFC fan!
Get over yourself. "Brit MCFC fans" are not attacked. There is an overwhelming majority that like to push buttons. Did you know that one of our mods is a Brit MCFC fan? But you would never know because he doesn't need to remind everyone how he's always being attacked. As a matter of fact, I don't think he was ever "attacked" because of it. If you seek unwanted attention you will always find it.

Get over yourself. "Brit MCFC fans" are not attacked. There is an overwhelming majority that like to push buttons. Did you know that one of our mods is a Brit MCFC fan? But you would never know because he doesn't need to remind everyone how he's always being attacked. As a matter of fact, I don't think he was ever "attacked" because of it. If you seek unwanted attention you will always find it.

I don't have to "get over myself" at all. A couple on here are either closet Man Utd fans who will hate MCFC whatever happens. I am not reminding people I am being attacked.

I read a lot of posts before i joined and to be honest I feel I am walking on eggshells because of posts from some other UK based fans who have been less than "friendly". I suppose some of the comments I have received are based on thise who arrived before me.

Reactions: MrE
Over the past 72 hours, I have thought long and hard over the Lampard fiasco and my conclusion is that, although I understand and sympathize with those who are turning away from NYCFC and want to give up their season tickets, I will not be going anywhere and I will fight to make sure that this is a club for NYC that NYers can be proud of because right now that is not the case. I, like many others, have waited a very long time to have a NYC club to call my own and now that it is here I’m not going to just walk away so easily (although I will not judge those who do because the ownership group lied to us for 5 months, plain and simple). I believe that we as fans have an obligation to call out ownership and hold their feet to the fire when something happens that we as fans do not agree with and this is a perfect opportunity to begin forging this club’s unique NY identity and culture by doing just that. We must strongly deliver the message that NYC will not stand for this insult and mismanagement and that NYC will never accept being treated as a second class city or like we are lesser than anyone else.

I am very happy to see that many others on this forum are also going to stay and fight for this club’s identity and future. The formal statement issued by the Third Rail is a good start and I’m happy that Midas and others are working on another statement expressing the collective outrage of NYers. We must all do our part to spread that message of discontent directly to CFG, NYCFC and MCFC via emails & phone calls, as well as on social platforms and through the media. I am also glad to hear that the Third Rail is planning protests which I will happily take part in. In-stadium protests including turning our backs to the field during the 8th minute as well as collective chants expressing our unhappiness to ownership should also be utilized in this case. The idea of boycotting CFG’s chosen marketing color, sky blue, should also be considered by all fans of NYCFC and I believe that no one should wear that color or purchase any additional merchandise in that color until we as fans of NYCFC can wear it with pride knowing that NYCFC is an equal partner in CFG and not just a marketing ploy and farm team used for the benefit of MCFC.

We, as fans of NYCFC, must not let this go because redress is absolutely necessary in this case and NYCFC would do well to issue a formal statement on Monday morning apologizing and explaining all of this to the 12,000+ season ticket holders and all other fans of NYCFC. We cannot simply allow this insult and fraud to go unanswered because otherwise the ownership group will continue mistreating us, our city and our club. The worst thing we, the angry disobedient children of CFG, can do is just walk away from NYCFC now because that will just make it easier for the ownership group to continue this mismanagement. We must all stick together and make sure that our voices are heard and that CFG is held accountable for this act of aggression towards us and our city.

Awesome post. I hope this resonates with a majority of our supporters (though I do understand if it doesn't). But for sure, you won't find me wearing sky blue merch and you can sure as hell expect me to turn a back on the 8th minute.

I think a bigger statement would be to have a full stadium first game and the majority turn their back on the game at a set time, it will no doubt be on TV and will hit a huge audience.

People giving up season tickets will barely cause anyone to blink.

For every season ticket returned someone else will buy one - May be rocky for a season but success breeds season ticket holders

I don't have to "get over myself" at all. A couple on here are either closet Man Utd fans who will hate MCFC whatever happens. I am not reminding people I am being attacked.

I read a lot of posts before i joined and to be honest I feel I am walking on eggshells because of posts from some other UK based fans who have been less than "friendly". I suppose some of the comments I have received are based on thise who arrived before me.
Don't take it personal. There are plenty of United fans here. As there are other fans or other clubs. Just be aware that any time you call attention to yourself because you're a Brit MCFC, people are going to get upset. Not because they are AGAINST you, but because they are tired of hearing it (you aren't the first).

What exactly is your realistic strategy to make this happen?

I understand the skepticism and lack of optimism. Trust me. In my original post I listed a number of actions that I and others have and are planning to take in order to protest and voice our displeasure. And that is really the biggest action we can take right now: to relentlessly hound ownership/management and not let this go until we are collectively satisfied. We must continue to put heat on them and not let them hope this blows over and just goes away (which seems to be their plan right now). Of course we aren't 100% sure these things will bring about immediate change but we can't just walk away from the club and let the wolves have free reign. I have big hopes for this club and it will likely take a very long time for CFG to make it up to us and make us trust them. They could start by removing the gag order of the NYCFC front office and they could then really fix the problem by bringing all of the various management aspects of the club, such as the PR department, in house at the NY offices located at 600 Third Avenue. It would also be terrific, if nothing more than a pipe dream, to have Ferran Soriano allow someone with a NY connection step in as CEO of NYCFC. I believe Melbourne has its own CEO. So, basically, I don't have any concrete facts to point to for optimism, but hopefully in the next days and/or weeks we see something.

You're pretty much right with the eggshells comment - there has been a long history on this forum of Manchester-based users signing up and telling people here "get used to it, NYCFC exists to grease the cogs for MCFC". In recent months this has changed to "get used to it, Lampard is staying in England" but all the same, we've had A LOT of English MCFC fans come on here and proceed to show no respect for NYCFC as a team whatsoever. For that reason, a lot of people here are very tetchy about seeing new people sign up to the forum and proceed to introduce them as English MCFC fans, and anyone who does is going to face residual hostility because a lot of people here have been made very angry in the past. It's just the way it is. The only way to sidestep that hostility is to be conciliatory to NYCFC and to be very careful about how you defend MCFC.

Reactions: einwindir
Don't take it personal. There are plenty of United fans here. As there are other fans or other clubs. Just be aware that any time you call attention to yourself because you're a Brit MCFC, people are going to get upset. Not because they are AGAINST you, but because they are tired of hearing it (you aren't the first).

Appreciate the advice

What exactly is your realistic strategy to make this happen? I'm not sarcastic here; I'd really like to know? The club is clearly comfortable lying to us repeatedly and ignoring our protests.
I'm not urging anyone to leave and haven't decided to leave myself. But that's mostly due to a reluctance to give up on a sunk investment. Apart from the deception, I al see little reason for confidence. What exactly has CFG done well anywhere?
Yes MC won EPL, but that was through sheer force of cash. Because of MLS rules that can't work here. And it won't work long term with MC either. Right now CFG reminds me of early Steinbrenner. Spend tons of cash, buy a few rings, then flounder for years. Steinbrenner had to get suspended and learn humility before his team achieved sustained success.
Shockingly off-topic, but Steinbrenner never learned humility. Both Yankee dynasties were built during his periods of suspension.

Read The Last Lion of Baseball of you think he deserves a shred of the goodwill his death brought out.

Appreciate the advice

For what it's worth, most of the posts I've seen from you have been reasonable. As long as you're understanding of our point of view and don't act imperious about your MCFC allegiance it's not a problem. The posters attacking MCFC supporters are either responding to or fed up with/still angry from the type of posters Falastur Falastur was talking about above.

Appreciate the advice

To be fair, 99% are reasonable and ok, its just the odd few that make life difficult, they gang up together mostly.

Some people are understandably pissed off about Lampard at the moment.

I know I am unpopular with a few because I won't walk the eggshells in regard to anti diatribe. There are about half a dozen posters who rationalise there support for other teams in England and supporting New York City by attacking anything mentioning MCFC or CFG, and that is where I refuse to do the eggshells but get along with most, most of the time.

For what it's worth, most of the posts I've seen from you have been reasonable. As long as you're understanding of our point of view and don't act imperious about your MCFC allegiance it's not a problem. The posters attacking MCFC supporters are either responding to or fed up with/still angry from the type of posters Falastur Falastur was talking about above.

I am very proud to be a Blue and always will be. My family are all blues and that includes my grandparents etc. We are a family of blues, i was born into it.

I do not believe that makes me a "better" fan or gives me a greater insight into football either in the UK or abroad. I love football and I want nothing more than to see NYCFC succeed in the MLS.

I understand the skepticism and lack of optimism. Trust me. In my original post I listed a number of actions that I and others have and are planning to take in order to protest and voice our displeasure. And that is really the biggest action we can take right now: to relentlessly hound ownership/management and not let this go until we are collectively satisfied. We must continue to put heat on them and not let them hope this blows over and just goes away (which seems to be their plan right now). Of course we aren't 100% sure these things will bring about immediate change but we can't just walk away from the club and let the wolves have free reign. I have big hopes for this club and it will likely take a very long time for CFG to make it up to us and make us trust them. They could start by removing the gag order of the NYCFC front office and they could then really fix the problem by bringing all of the various management aspects of the club, such as the PR department, in house at the NY offices located at 600 Third Avenue. It would also be terrific, if nothing more than a pipe dream, to have Ferran Soriano allow someone with a NY connection step in as CEO of NYCFC. I believe Melbourne has its own CEO. So, basically, I don't have any concrete facts to point to for optimism, but hopefully in the next days and/or weeks we see something.
I hope you're right. And I'm 100% with you on the idea that a public statement from Kreis or Reyna solve a lot of problems.

I'm also all-in for extreme but legal/dignified protests. I'd even be willing to go to the first game and walk out right after kickoff. I doubt we could get most to go along, but if we did that would be massive.
I'll keep hoping. I'm still not confident but I can hope.

Reactions: Paul
I hope you're right. And I'm 100% with you on the idea that a public statement from Kreis or Reyna solve a lot of problems.

I'm also all-in for extreme but legal/dignified protests. I'd even be willing to go to the first game and walk out right after kickoff. I doubt we could get most to go along, but if we did that would be massive.
I'll keep hoping. I'm still not confident but I can hope.

Yeah, like I said, I understand your skepticism. We are both attorneys; skepticism is in our nature.

Reactions: mgarbowski
What happened was wrong, it will not happen again I am sure.
How are you so sure? I'm not.

From the way CFG, Pelligrini, and NYCFC have handled this, I'm actually gathering that this is 100% not a one-time thing if there's another "unique situation" such as this one.

How are you so sure? I'm not.

From the way CFG, Pelligrini, and NYCFC have handled this, I'm actually gathering that this is 100% not a one-time thing if there's another "unique situation" such as this one.

They learn from their mistakes

They do not want negative press - they will be 100% aware of the disquiet and will be putting things into place to make sure they do not revisit with another situation.

That is what has happened in the UK and that is what I am basing my assumption on. Whilst I am unable to guarantee it I do feel sure that the NYCFC fans have been heard (if not acknowledged at the moment)

They learn from their mistakes

They do not want negative press - they will be 100% aware of the disquiet and will be putting things into place to make sure they do not revisit with another situation.

That is what has happened in the UK and that is what I am basing my assumption on. Whilst I am unable to guarantee it I do feel sure that the NYCFC fans have been heard (if not acknowledged at the moment)
But they screwed Melbourne, too. It's not just us - CFG screwed Melbourne ticket holders by only giving Villa two games.