Frank Lampard [Midfielder]

If he's not playing after the two week break you'd think the team would just cut their loses especially since we desperately need some umph in this lineup. Can't see them paying out his contract tho then spending additional millions.

If he's not playing after the break there has to be much more to all this. I hope he's just paid off and goes away at this point. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the club is mature enough now to realize their mistake and move on. I don't think they will ever publicly admit it to us (unless Reyna pens a book one day), but a tacit admission by buying out his contract would be acceptable to me.

Though I cringe at the thought that they could do this because his jersey has stopped selling, and after last year's season ticket push, that's the last ounce of value they had left in him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul and Ulrich
Frankie has been contractually eligible to play 20 games for us since July 12, 2015. This ignores the Lampardgate delay but includes the 3 games missed last July when he simply showed up late, albeit with club approval.
He has played 733 minutes or 37 minutes per eligible game (rounded up).
3 goals (0.15 per Eligible Game) and 1 assist (0.05 per Eligible Game).

If he's not playing after the break there has to be much more to all this. I hope he's just paid off and goes away at this point. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the club is mature enough at this point to realize their mistake and move on. I don't think they will never publicly admit it to us (unless Reyna pens a book one day), but a tacit admission by buying out his contract would be acceptable to me.

Though I cringe at the thought that they could do this because his jersey has stopped selling, and after last year's season ticket push, that's the last ounce of value they had left in him.
I've been the biggest supporter of seeing him get on the field, but like you said, if he doesn't play after the break, there's more to it than we're being told and the club must cut their losses.

I was sitting there yesterday and wondering who we were going to bring on to light a spark and realized that with a few injuries (Harrison & Lamps) and international duty (Mix, Shelton, Mata) we have very few options. Can't do anything about the int call ups, and Harrison is an outlier with his injury, but Lamps has really tied our hands with his glass-calf. I liked what I saw from him last year when he directed the players on the field, and felt he was limited only by a lack of fitness/timing and had truly hoped we'd get a fit and fresh player this year. He's got a week to prove he's 100%.

If he can't do that, then I just say Fck it and buy the contract out.

That's a FUCKLOAD IN A SALARY CAP LEAGUE.
EJisFL3.gif

I've been the biggest supporter of seeing him get on the field, but like you said, if he doesn't play after the break, there's more to it than we're being told and the club must cut their losses.

I was sitting there yesterday and wondering who we were going to bring on to light a spark and realized that with a few injuries (Harrison & Lamps) and international duty (Mix, Shelton, Mata) we have very few options. Can't do anything about the int call ups, and Harrison is an outlier with his injury, but Lamps has really tied our hands with his glass-calf. I liked what I saw from him last year when he directed the players on the field, and felt he was limited only by a lack of fitness/timing and had truly hoped we'd get a fit and fresh player this year. He's got a week to prove he's 100%.

If he can't do that, then I just say Fck it and buy the contract out.

So you don't think he'll score 10 goals anymore?

So you don't think he'll score 10 goals anymore?
My belief of him scoring 10 goals was predicated on him actually getting on the field. There was zero reason to think after an offseason to recuperate and a full preseason (minus a calf injury) that he wouldn't be able able to step on the field. If he can't play by next week - then he will have missed a sixth of the season and I think his injury is worse than expected. But hey, maybe he'll score three hat tricks and I'll be vindicated. I'm still thinking a checkbook and pink slip is now looking more likely.

Reactions: Goodfella and adam
Yeah I wasn't saying Kaka has been as useless as Lampard. But Orlando City is still paying Kaka 6.2 million to not play so far this year.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Man, my Spidey Sense is tingling off the charts. Something has to be up. Hopefully it's the negotiations/deliberations for an exit plan. This just can't be about a preseason training knock. Live, learn, move on, and don't repeat.

Frankie has been contractually eligible to play 20 games for us since July 12, 2015. This ignores the Lampardgate delay but includes the 3 games missed last July when he simply showed up late, albeit with club approval.
He has played 733 minutes or 37 minutes per eligible game (rounded up).
3 goals (0.15 per Eligible Game) and 1 assist (0.05 per Eligible Game).
It's been pointed out to me that the July delay was an injury (which it was a calf strain) doesn't make it any better lol

Reactions: mgarbowski
It's been pointed out to me that the July delay was an injury (which it was a calf strain) doesn't make it any better lol
I thought the first 2 weeks were vacation, and the third was an injury he got on vacation, but like you said it don't much matter so I'm not looking it up.

There's no hurry to do anything with him until the end of the European season. Either way, they're paying him the money and they can wait to see if there is a DP-worthy player who isn't playing in either the Euros or Copa before cutting ties.

Maybe we can get Falcao and play a 2-4-4.

the whole situation is a complete joke, get rid of him asap, even when he played he was rubbish anyway and i would rather us play with tmac.