Frank Lampard Out Vs Orlando

Complicated stuff.

Well, its a good thing they decided to report on it with the most hopeful diagnosis rather than the most conservative.

The only nice thing is that after everyone leaves the club someone will spill the beans as to what was actually going on behind the curtain. Kreis is going to have a helluva book to write after he's done here.

You just refuse to get it. "Once he gets on the pitch"? Da fuq, we're approaching the point where the playoffs will be out of reach. Who cares what he does when he gets on the pitch if we're already out of contention??!

We said all along that it was too much for a 36 year old to play a full EPL season and then be expected to play here. We said it was inviting injury. We got tsked tsked for not knowing what we were talking about, called selfish for not wanting our star player to have his last moment of EPL glory, vilified for being drama queens...and yet here we are, and this guy won't be playing till AUGUST, if even then. Yet the same guy can trot around town with his old Chelsea buddies. Seriously, this is the guy you people worship? Unbelievable!
Sorry, Frank Lampard is Jesus. Cognitive dissonance just erased everything you said.

FirstTeamer FirstTeamer "Just defending yourself" you may claim to be but we have stricter rules on abuse of other posters than other forums. Verbally attacking other posters and flamebaiting them is not on, and for that reason a lot of your posts have been deleted. I am entirely neutral on whether you defend MCFC - I'm a City fan myself - but you're kind of asking for the trouble by getting as agitated as you are. You will hopefully notice that while plenty of people have picked up the argument with you none of them have descended to name-calling, and that's why it's you that in particular that I'm calling out here.

Put it this way: if you can't put your point across or defend yourself without calling other posters ridiculous names, accusing them of being United fans or stringing long strings of swear words together, just don't bother. Close the tab, go do something else for a few hours and come back when you've cooled down.

FirstTeamer FirstTeamer "Just defending yourself" you may claim to be but we have stricter rules on abuse of other posters than other forums. Verbally attacking other posters and flamebaiting them is not on, and for that reason a lot of your posts have been deleted. I am entirely neutral on whether you defend MCFC - I'm a City fan myself - but you're kind of asking for the trouble by getting as agitated as you are. You will hopefully notice that while plenty of people have picked up the argument with you none of them have descended to name-calling, and that's why it's you that in particular that I'm calling out here.

Put it this way: if you can't put your point across or defend yourself without calling other posters ridiculous names, accusing them of being United fans or stringing long strings of swear words together, just don't bother. Close the tab, go do something else for a few hours and come back when you've cooled down.
Then I demand you moderate equally & delete other bullshit comments as well.

I'm not agitated. This is actually quite amusing to me.

Then I demand you moderate equally & delete other bullshit comments as well.

We'll delete anything that is abusive of other members. Dismissing the content of other peoples' posts is fine, everyone expects a little sarcasm and so on related to things they disagree with. Actively calling people out we won't stand for though.

For the record, you're not the only one who's had posts deleted. You just have more than anyone else.

We'll delete anything that is abusive of other members. Dismissing the content of other peoples' posts is fine, everyone expects a little sarcasm and so on related to things they disagree with. Actively calling people out we won't stand for though.

For the record, you're not the only one who's had posts deleted. You just have more than anyone else.
Fair enough. Can't ask for anything more. I'll be sure to check myself on future posts. We are all in support of NYCFC at the end of the day.

From the Post article: “[Friday] actually they took it. They saw significant improvement, but going back to look at the first [MRI exam] and re-diagnosing it, it was actually a pretty significant strain. What they thought was the swelling in there from massage was actually the swelling of the strain. Complicated stuff.’’

Do we have "stupid" tattooed across our collective foreheads? Just how dumb do they think we are? Midas Mulligan called this over a week ago, and I thought he was overreacting. Clearly, he just had more clarity on the subject than I did. You literally can not believe a thing this club says when it comes to Frank Lampard.

When it comes to anything.

The sad part is their strategy works. The diehards will show up no matter what. The casual fans only hear 1 out of 5 things the front office says, so as long as it mentions one of the DP's and is ambiguous, it's tremendous press.

I play in a Wednesday night soccer league full of casual soccer fans. We talked some City after last game at the bar. They all knew Lampard was on the team. Most knew Pirlo. I think one other guy knew of the Lampard controversy. None of them knew if either debuted yet. And at the end of the conversation, some were talking about possibly getting tickets.

City has to downplay this fiasco every single chance they get. They are trying to tap into these casual fans, and those guys aren't going to spend 6 hours a day on NYCFCforums.com scrutinizing every quote from the club.

So while I'm incredibly frustrated by the front office, I'm slowly learning that they aren't talking to me. They know they sound ridiculous to us here on the fan forums. But they're talking to the casual fans. And their message has to be very calculated.

Or maybe I'm just making excuses for them. Idk.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
If I was at his debut I would boo.
What good does that do? CFG, NYCFC, and FF himself could care less if you boo him, curse his mother, or anything else for that matter. They're too busy laughing their way to the bank with all the money they have made of one another.

What good does that do? CFG, NYCFC, and FF himself could care less if you boo him, curse his mother, or anything else for that matter. They're too busy laughing their way to the bank with all the money they have made of one another.
As a fan its my right. Get over it.

Fans boo when displeased and they feel disrespected. As a Swans fan, you should know that.

As a fan its my right. Get over it.

Fans boo when displeased and they feel disrespected. As a Swans fan, you should know that.
I can understand booing. Is it worth my time and energy in the long run? No, it isn't.

You would boo a player of the team you support? Pathetic. As a fan it's my right to think that.
It happens ALL the time. Get used to it. Get over it. Happens with EVERY team in EVERY sport. Are you even from NY to ask such a thing? Only pathetic thing here is the bloke who's trying to bash me, a paying customer, for showing displeasure with how management is handling things.

Plus, I never forgot the way he treated NYers post 9/11. So forgive me for being annoyed that he's shown us he doesnt much give a damn for playing with this club for over a year.

It happens ALL the time. Get used to it. Get over it. Happens with EVERY team in EVERY sport. Are you even from NY to ask such a thing? Only pathetic thing here is the bloke who's trying to bash me, a paying customer, for showing displeasure with how management is handling things.

Plus, I never forgot the way he treated NYers post 9/11. So forgive me for being annoyed that he's shown us he doesnt much give a damn for playing with this club for over a year.
Been a New Yorker longer than you. Apologies if it upsets you but it's pathetic to boo your own.

Been a New Yorker longer than you. Apologies if it upsets you but it's pathetic to boo your own.
No it isn't.

We are PAYING CUSTOMERS. Booing is no different from complaining to management about poor service in a restaurant. Team owners and leadership understand what booing does. They understand when we choose not to pay for tickets and merchandise as well.

What are we supposed to do? Send negative letters and phone calls that never reach them. Upset fans boo, use signage, etc. Thats what works. Dont like it? Tough titty.

No it isn't.

We are PAYING CUSTOMERS. Booing is no different from complaining to management about poor service in a restaurant. Team owners and leadership understand what booing does. They understand when we choose not to pay for tickets and merchandise as well.

What are we supposed to do? Send negative letters and phone calls that never reach them. Upset fans boo, use signage, etc. Thats what works. Dont like it? Tough titty.
Calm down, jr. It's not that serious. I didn't realize you supported based on one player. Now I understand your plasticity. Kindly put me on ignore. It works wonders I hear.

Calm down, jr. It's not that serious. I didn't realize you supported based on one player. Now I understand your plasticity. Kindly put me on ignore. It works wonders I hear.
Dude, now youre trolling. Quote where I said I didn't support my teams? Where....

I said that I will specifically boo one player. Apparently reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

And you sound like a Red Bulls fan with that plastic remark. Are you sure you are from NY and not from Jersey? Why so butthurt over how other fans choose to voice their displeasure with their team?