Friendly vs RiBer Plate

Ernesto Estevez

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
I just saw on Argentina's Diario ole that we are playing a friendly vs las gayinas, is this true, anyone know the date or something?

Reactions: Kjbert
Interesting. Since I am too lazy to look this up, what's the latest with them? Last I remember they had been relegated, but can't recall if I recall that correctly.

It does seem to suggest the game will be in Florida, but I can't imagine we would send the team down to play an exhibition in mid-season. Plus, it says that RP is heading back to Argentine in late July, and we don't travel down to play Orlando until late August.

The article also says that RP is playing a European team in NY at the end of training, so maybe our game with them will be up here too.

Saw River play in Copa Libertdores when I was in Argentina (scarily a full decade a go now) so their my fave South American club side not that I follow very closely. We have a loan relationship with Boca should probably look at some of their players too when we play.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Saw River play in Copa Libertdores when I was in Argentina (scarily a full decade a go now) so their my fave South American club side not that I follow very closely. We have a loan relationship with Boca should probably look at some of their players too when we play.

Isn't Diego Martinez from River?

AFAIK:

Game will be in Tennessee

What's the logical reasoning behind that? Is there a massive following of either team in the volunteer state?

Will it also be available to be streamed for a fee on IMG Sports Academy's website? #GiveSupportersFreeAccessToPreseasonMatches

Diego WHO? Oh right that is some guy technically on our team. My bad.
At the time I made that post I was genuinely asking -- I vaguely remembered that he was Argentinian and from either Boca or River. Wasn't intended as a shot or something.

Wasn't taking it as one either. Just made a little joke at Diego's expense and conceded I overlooked that. He is pretty forgettable so far.

Reactions: Paul
What's the logical reasoning behind that? Is there a massive following of either team in the volunteer state?

Will it also be available to be streamed for a fee on IMG Sports Academy's website? #GiveSupportersFreeAccessToPreseasonMatches
We'll be in KC, so the idea might be travel, play a game and continue on your way to KC.

We'll be in KC, so the idea might be travel, play a game and continue on your way to KC.
Just so we're all on the same page that none of us have any interest in seeing a friendly game here in NYC.... Two seasons now and no bonus friendlies for us to go to - yep that's fantastic. Don't a bunch of teams in the league throw them in as freebies to STH???

Just so we're all on the same page that none of us have any interest in seeing a friendly game here in NYC.... Two seasons now and no bonus friendlies for us to go to - yep that's fantastic. Don't a bunch of teams in the league throw them in as freebies to STH???
Reminds me when I was 18 or 19 and went to see Fiorentina vs. the Metrostars. Not the other way around. Mind you I was not a Metro's fan but had gone to about 5 games lifetime. During the lineups and through out the game my friends and I were cheering for Batistuta. They won 4-0 and Bati did a rainbow with the ball that almost scored. He was awesome. The fans around us found it odd to root for this "foreign" club. and didn't particularly like it that we were nearly front row and those were not our original seats. I found it funny then, and find it funny now.

Reminds me when I was 18 or 19 and went to see Fiorentina vs. the Metrostars. Not the other way around. Mind you I was not a Metro's fan but had gone to about 5 games lifetime. During the lineups and through out the game my friends and I were cheering for Batistuta. They won 4-0 and Bati did a rainbow with the ball that almost scored. He was awesome. The fans around us found it odd to root for this "foreign" club. and didn't particularly like it that we were nearly front row and those were not our original seats. I found it funny then, and find it funny now.
I'd be so stoked to see a few international friendlies vs FC. Not only is it good for the fans, but the bench players get an opportunity they never forget.

Reactions: Taurus and Kjbert
I'm a little slower than usual today, so please bear with me.

We have games on 7/3 (Red Bulls), 7/6 (@ New England), 7/10 (@SKC) and 7/17 (@Montreal).

In the middle of a schedule like that, in the month of July, where your team is fighting for a playoff spot, we're potentially scheduled for a less than meaningless friendly match somewhere in Tennessee?

Is this some more of that fucking CFG genius they keep telling me about???

The IMG streams were due to us playing at the IMG academy. Since we'll be in Tennessee they won't be streaming our game. Maybe the club will do a YouTube broadcast