Gareth Barry contemplating joining NYCFC or staying at Everton

I think he would be a great signing, but can't see it happening. He's still playing significant minutes for a team playing for a champions league spot, we don't even have a stadium or team yet. Maybe the following year is more likely

Well he's certainly not washed up and nobody doubts the commitment in everything he does. Without the slightest doubt he would be a solid signing and nobody is going to complain if he's one of the designated players. He won't be a non DP as someone on twitter strangely suggested. Kreis said anyone signed could go out on loan for a while so he could still be in action for a few months after the summer is over. Clubs wouldn't care if it wasn't for a full season. The alternative of course is he joins a few months into the MLS campaign. Would anyone mind that? There isn't going to be excessive demands to win the whole thing in season 1 after all.

Still think there should be one bigger signing (from a publicity and also ability standpoint) but there's a place for him in any decent side.

I think he would be a great signing, but can't see it happening. He's still playing significant minutes for a team playing for a champions league spot, we don't even have a stadium or team yet. Maybe the following year is more likely

He's at the end of his current contract this summer. It's highly doubtful that he'd only sign a one-year deal with whichever club he moves to. I guess he could leave that club after one season but I'm not sure. I think either he comes this summer, or he's not coming IMO.

If Everton makes the Champions League he isn't going anywhere