Gay Marriage?

I doubt anybody would post against gay marriage, even anonymously on a warzone forum where debate is encouraged, even if that was their true belief. Having an anti gay marriage stance is labeled as being ignorant or discriminatory or worse. Personally, I do not have a strong opinion either way although I lean towards supporting it, but it does bother me that having an anti opinion is considered taboo and without any real basis, when in fact that is not the case.

Reactions: Section1Guy
Guns: Legal and almost entirely unrestricted (has been proven less gun control results in lower crime rates). Chocolate: Definitely legal ;)
but we dont need guns in the city. that statistic you pulled maybe from some small town in the midwest where there is already low crime rates, or long island. if more guns are avaible, then more people would use them. YOu might be saying "well most gangster get them illegally so theres nothign we can do". my friends have guns and they get them from long island or pennsylvania. and your god dam right they dont use them for "defense"

but we dont need guns in the city. that statistic you pulled maybe from some small town in the midwest where there is already low crime rates, or long island. if more guns are avaible, then more people would use them. YOu might be saying "well most gangster get them illegally so theres nothign we can do". my friends have guns and they get them from long island or pennsylvania. and your god dam right they dont use them for "defense"
First of all I'd love to talk to your friends about getting one since I'm only 19 (LOL JK) but no, those statistics were pulled from major cities like Chicago, and Washington DC with high crime rates. I've done multiple reports, theses, and research papers as well as speeches on the issue of gun control. It has been proven (PROVEN THROUGH ACTUAL RESEARCH) time and time again decreasing gun control decreases the amount of violent crimes in that area. Why is this? Well, we aren't 100% sure, but the general theory is that when you limit gun control people are more likely to carry the weapons or own the weapons and GENERALLY use them merely as DETERRENTS. The same way security guards, razor wire, and cameras are used as crime deterrents. Think about it this way. Two scenarios. Two people, we'll say male, go with knives to rob a convenience store. In scenario one, gun control is in effect and the owner has no gun and no silent alarm. Only a phone. Now, he either gets robbed and they leave him alive, or they kill him either when he tries to dial 911 or because they don't want to leave a witness. Now, scenario 2. The store owner has a 9mm Glock and a .12 gauge shotgun. Could he still die? Absolutely. He might not get the gun out fast enough. They might have guns in a different scenario. But I'll tell you what. Word on the street spreads fast. If I hear that Will's shop has cameras, alarms and the cashier has a gun, but Pedro's shop has cameras and a baseball bat? Well, you fill in the blanks.

I see. Fair enough. I can respect that you have your opinion while still keeping an open mind. It's definitely not for everyone and even though I want it legalized in NY I still would like certain restrictions like not smoking in public etc...

I agree with you. Legalize weed and sell it at a cheaper price than dealers are willing to sell it for, and tax it. Legalizing weed can create jobs, boost the economy, and perhaps even prevent small time weed dealers from selling other drugs and going to prison.

For me. As a future APRN, I think alcohol is way worse on the body. Weed is helpful for glaucoma for instance.....what disease can alcohol treat?

back to the topic of gay marriage. We are all promised in this country the right to the pursuit of happiness. Who are any of us to deny someone the right to doing something that makes them happy? They aren't hurting anyone. I think people view homosexuals like they are diseased, like they are just going to sneeze on kids and make them gay too. Its illogical thinking.

Last edited:
I doubt anybody would post against gay marriage, even anonymously on a warzone forum where debate is encouraged, even if that was their true belief. Having an anti gay marriage stance is labeled as being ignorant or discriminatory or worse. Personally, I do not have a strong opinion either way although I lean towards supporting it, but it does bother me that having an anti opinion is considered taboo and without any real basis, when in fact that is not the case.
I agree with this. I grew up in a very religious household that had very traditional beliefs. The idea of gay marriage doesn't affect my life enough for my to have an invested opinion on if it should be allowed or not and I see both sides to the argument. Although, I'd probably lean toward not allowing gay marriage.

Have you seen the crime rates for major cities where guns are illegal? Have you seen the increase in police brutality in those cities as well?

Back to the original topic, I'm not really in favor of gay marriage. Nor am I against it. It shouldn't really be the governments job to restrict "marriage."

It certainly shouldn't up to the governments to restrict any kind of marriage. It's embarrassing at this point in our country we're still having civil issues like this.