George John [Defender]

Nope. Hasn't been with the team. Hopefully we get a better idea as the team is set to release their roster changes soon.

when you say roster changes....i assume you mean only cuts? or is there possibility to get names of players we obtained? i think its too early for that no?

when you say roster changes....i assume you mean only cuts? or is there possibility to get names of players we obtained? i think its too early for that no?
Technically they can announce players they signed. The same way the DC and Philly trades have gone through but I doubt they will. I was referring mostly to players who are out of contract or had their options declined.

Brovsky, Grabavoy, Alvarez, Velazquez and KWS are on the shortlist.

Reactions: JayH
Technically they can announce players they signed. The same way the DC and Philly trades have gone through but I doubt they will. I was referring mostly to players who are out of contract or had their options declined.

Shortlist of what? I do not believe most of them are out of contract.

Shortlist of what? I do not believe most of them are out of contract.
Shortlist of players we won't be seeing next year.

Unfortunately MLS and NYCFC guard contract information like nuclear launch codes so we don't really know who's out of contract or has been released but this is my list going off of who hasn't trained with the team at all in the off season. So this is in no way official.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Shortlist of players we won't be seeing next year.

Unfortunately MLS and NYCFC guard contract information like nuclear launch codes so we don't really know who's out of contract or has been released but this is my list going off of who hasn't trained with the team at all in the off season. So this is in no way official.
It has to be released some time this week before the MLS Cup.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
his twitter account appears to have been deleted.
It was deleted a few months ago.

Also...

Nailed it.

I don't find the developments around John to be surprising at all (see below from August). Further, I find Hudson River Blue's histrionic reaction to the news to be ridiculous. There were plenty of reasons to believe there was an arrangement like this, and it's not like revealing things or structuring things differently would have been of any benefit to the team or its fans.

I am rooting for George - seems like a good guy, and he is dealing with a very tough situation.

I was curious about this guy and did a little more research.

2014 was the last year of his contract with Dallas, so it's possible that he's not actually under contract to NYCFC, even though we hold his rights. Not sure about that. Do we know whether he is rehabbing in NY and otherwise spending time with the team?

I haven't seen a specific reference to the kind of surgery he had, but it may have been microfracture surgery. If so, that demands a long recovery and is far from reliable in getting people back onto the playing field.

He seems like a good guy and a talented player, so I hope for the best for him.

I don't find the developments around John to be surprising at all (see below from August). Further, I find Hudson River Blue's histrionic reaction to the news to be ridiculous. There were plenty of reasons to believe there was an arrangement like this, and it's not like revealing things or structuring things differently would have been of any benefit to the team or its fans.

I am rooting for George - seems like a good guy, and he is dealing with a very tough situation.
Not that I care to defend HRB but isn't it EoS that is acting incredulous not Hudson River Blue? If we are going to lash out against a fan news site, let's make sure it's the right one.

I was referring to the HRB Twitter feed. Don't follow EoS on Twitter and haven't read their article. (They have a good site, but tweet way too much)

Reactions: joe
I was referring to the HRB Twitter feed. Don't follow EoS on Twitter and haven't read their article. (They have a good site, but tweet way too much)
But the only article mentioned in this thread is EOS and they seemed pretty upset by this news...

Just a suggestion, but if you put a link to the offensive tweet in the future, we can more easily rally around your post and decry HRB.