George John [Defender]

FYI the MLS injury report says at the top:
NOTE: This content is not subject to the approval of Major League Soccer or its clubs.

MLS no longer requires teams to submit injury reports to them.
I htink they still have to submit them but there's no penalty if they leave things out, which is why there are so many late scratches on everyone's fantasy teams.

So… he wasn't listed on the roster as per the players union. Secret cut?

Maybe IR doesn't count? Is there someone we could cross-check?

Take it for what it's worth. I asked if he confirmed this and he said very much so. Also said NYCFC fans will love him even more when details come out. So I guess we will see but currently his status on the salary cap is the same as on the field... non existent.
I have no idea what that even means. Is he taking care of a sick family member or something?

I was curious about this guy and did a little more research.

2014 was the last year of his contract with Dallas, so it's possible that he's not actually under contract to NYCFC, even though we hold his rights. Not sure about that. Do we know whether he is rehabbing in NY and otherwise spending time with the team?

I haven't seen a specific reference to the kind of surgery he had, but it may have been microfracture surgery. If so, that demands a long recovery and is far from reliable in getting people back onto the playing field.

He seems like a good guy and a talented player, so I hope for the best for him.

Someone on the subreddit said that he had medial femoral osteoplasty which means that they had to rebuilt the lower part of his femur inside the upper part of his knee.

I don't know how optimistic I would be that he would be able to come back from that.

He's like done done right?
Not as far as we heard. He's supposed to be finishing up rehab and playing/training soon. We expect him to play next year, although many of us have our doubts. FYI we got him injured, he hasn't played all year.

Empire of Soccer reported this week that he is most likely out for the year.

Anyone else starting think George John is hanging out with Preki?