George John [Defender]

There are a few more. HRB had kind of a mini-meltdown over this. Which I don't get at all. We've known since the Lampard thing blew up that CFG and MLS will together lie about player statuses and signings. MLS listed a transaction for Lampard in July 2014 when there was none. This is not news. That they did it again is not surprising. And this one seems to have been done for no nefarious reasons. In fact, I suspect it was done to help GJ. If he did recover and joined the team they might have credited him for the year of rehab for MLS years of service purposes.

But the only article mentioned in this thread is EOS and they seemed pretty upset by this news...

Just a suggestion, but if you put a link to the offensive tweet in the future, we can more easily rally around your post and decry HRB.

Fair enough. There were just a lot of them, and they were pretty silly.

I'm pretty sure George was part of CFG's Cityzens Giving charity efforts.

so did nycfc pay for the rehab? or was he paying that out of pocket?

soooo instead of talking about the goodwill from both parties, bloggers are saying shit like " why was he on the roster"? lol :rolleyes: oh how dare he be on the roster while going thru rehab
oO9pm84.jpg

Reactions: Paul
soooo instead of talking about the goodwill from both parties, bloggers are saying shit like " why was he on the roster"? lol :rolleyes: oh how dare he be on the roster while going thru rehab
It was pretty cool of NYCFC to take a chance and help at the same time. Sadly, my guess is the hope is gone. Best of luck George.

So what is George's future? Do we still own his rights? Did we ever even own him? I read all of this and now my head is spinning.