Guess The Attendance - Hudson River Derby - Sunday, 5pm (closes Fri Noon)

Gotham Gator

Registered
Donor
Feb 9, 2015
Bronxville, NY
Guess the officially announced attendance for this Sunday's game. Closest to the actual number (whether above or below) will win a Mug of Ale from me should we ever meet along with everlasting fame and glory.

In case you've missed it, all of Yankee Stadium is open for the Derby, and they passed 40,000 tickets sold earlier this week.

Because of all the publicity around ticket sales, we are closing the picks at noon on Friday!

Good luck!

History and Winners
Game 1 - New England - 43,507 - BxLio91
Game 2 - Kansas City - 27,545 - Albany_NYCFC
Game 3 - Philadelphia - 20,461 - no contest
Game 4 - Portland - 21,891 - no contest
Game 5 - Seattle - 25,384 - The Toe
Game 6 - Chicago - 23,315 - NYCFC4LIFE
Game 7 - Houston - 26,211 - brookln231
Game 8 - Montreal - SayWhat44 and Tom in Fairfield CT (draw)

Last edited:
Reactions: LostAnvil
I'm waiting on more ticket sale and section opening updates from the club/ticketmaster. Right now my range is 40,000-44,000. Yeah, really wide, for now.

EDIT: Sections behind home plate are closed for this game. They were open for the home opener. Yankee Stadium capacity is 50K (rounding). This will make maximum capacity for the game around 48K (rounding). Besides that, it looks like every 300 and 400 section will be open.

Also, I think they'll be counting tickets sold rather than scanned in. This number will also include tickets on resale (Ticketmaster and Stubhub), even if they haven't resold to boost the number. NYCFC and MLS want this game to be 46K+

Last edited:
Looks like half the 400's are close to being sold and they're starting to open up the right field side (406)