Hey, Third Rail...

another example on how a cappo and drums silence what the people actually want to chant. at the beginning you can hear people singing "fuck D.C" but by the simple wave of a hand and a time-change, its changed

Capos and Drums are to help sing in unison. They are needed and without them we will be a quiet and unorganized group
If i want to sing "fuck off red bull" the time signature of the drum and the noise of the capo will drien me out, thus not even giving me tge chance to sing what i want

another example on how a cappo and drums silence what the people actually want to chant. at the beginning you can hear people singing "fuck D.C" but by the simple wave of a hand and a time-change, its changed
I'm not trying to call you out, but have you ever been to an MLS game? No one in their right mind will sing and chant the entire time. NO ONE! People get tired easily. Add drums or a capo and they can keep the energy high enough to keep people interested.

The reason the FUCK DC chant was "stopped" is because those guys are assholes...They can (and will) get the entire supporters sections shutdown if they curse enough and it gets on camera. A couple years ago there was a big stink about VA, ESC and GU doing You Suck Asshole...It got to the point that Red Bull put out a warning that if YSA continued, the supporter group would lose their status -- essentially banning them from the arena.

I
I'm not trying to call you out, but have you ever been to an MLS game? No one in their right mind will sing and chant the entire time. NO ONE! People get tired easily. Add drums or a capo and they can keep the energy high enough to keep people interested.

The reason the FUCK DC chant was "stopped" is because those guys are assholes...They can (and will) get the entire supporters sections shutdown if they curse enough and it gets on camera. A couple years ago there was a big stink about VA, ESC and GU doing You Suck Asshole...It got to the point that Red Bull put out a warning that if YSA continued, the supporter group would lose their status -- essentially banning them from the arena.
was at a red shit game in october and the supporter section was singing when nothing was happening. They werevrobots

Reactions: Pattyboybx
TR should take advantage of the time left before the start of season. They could post/tweet lyrics and an mp3 for a proposed chant or song every two weeks starting in December. By the end of March they would have the start of a decent catalog of material that the fans will have had plenty of opportunity to learn on their own and with their friends.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Unfortunately it will take time to get things together. The best way to promote and teach the songs outside of a live match is through YouTube videos. If we get a large enough contingent down to Charleston, or some other pre-season match, that would be a great opportunity to shoot live footage of chants. Publicize it through Twitter/FB/website and you will have a good base of people who know the main songs on time for the opener. From there, you can come up with new songs as time goes by.
It's going to be impossible to get the entire supporter's section on the same page with a long list of songs for the opener. Focus on a few, add more in one by one throughout the seasons. Some will eventually die, some will stick. Just don't expect to be at our peak on matchday 1.
Also, yes screw drums. I don't mind one well organized drum with limited beats used simply to keep everyone in unison, but if you allow anybody to bring in drums, they will. All of a sudden you have 15 drums throughout the section doing their own thing and it will be awful. It happened in New England. So, either one limited drum, or none at all please!

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan