Hey, Third Rail...

I think the TR needs to come up with 10-15 chants/songs that are easily remembered and they need to put the lyrics on their website before the season starts. It would help people know what to sing. I'm not saying sing this song at 10 minutes and that song at 30. Just having people know the songs will lead to more people joining in. You can't expect 500 people to know what you're singing if they've never heard it before
I said that on the fb page and got responded to with the words "organic" and "grassroots". We'll see how that looks when away fans are consistently out singing us at YS because people are still figuring out what to chant. Or god help us the generic MLS chants every other club does. Then I would truly want to stop following this team.

Reactions: Drainyoo
from reddit: You wanna know what made it super awkward? By the time they let all the fans in, the place was already full of suits and corporate types. Was kind of...idk unwelcoming? Cheering and "hooliganism" felt like it would be out of place. I felt like an extra in a commercial, honestly. Poor execution by the club.

The whole thing seemed, off. The lack of cohesion with Third Rail. One Third Rail flag being waved?

The banners in the hall? I know for a fact none of those were created by actual fans. There is no Astoria supporter contingent. Brooklyn, Long Island, Rhode Island, Honduras. Plus supporters cant use NYCFC logo on banners. Why is the club using their own 'supporter flags'? And why isn't Third Rail making a HUGE FUCKING DEAL about it.

The songs. These guys have been running things for almost a year and not a single cohesive chant? So what are they doing during their meetings?

Third Rail is run like a business instead of like a Supporters Club. Youve got 10 directors that make decisions but can never make a decision.

And Chance. The president. Who is this guy. Where is he from. What is his background? Why is a man in a top hat running the show when no one knows where he's "from"?
/u/TheSubwayRat

This was another interesting thing from that reddit thread. Not sure what to take from it. I agree and disagree with some points.

Chance was wearing a spiffy top hat though.

Wait, those supporter banners hanging were fake? I noticed the Astoria one and thought it was actually cool. So NYCFC made those?

from reddit: "hooliganism" felt like it would be out of place.
Oh lord. I really hope this isn't something that other supporters think is going to go on.

Credit to whoever brought the Astoria flag. Astoria stands strong for NYCFC!!!

hahaha, that video is hilarious. Almost like there was no one and hes just stripping for one person.

I was there and i think everyone was looking at the stage. But there wasnt loud cheering until he got on the stage. That moment in the vine video and his walk to the stage were some of the most awkward moments ive ever been it.

Once he got on the stage where everyone could see him, it was louder.

That one guy: We clap now, right? I'm gonna clap. *golf clap* Oh, maybe not...
I was standing right against the green carpet and I had no idea he was standing there. It was a major flub to have him standing in the middle of the crowd at ground level. He should have walked the carpet with the track jacket on and unzipped it in front of everyone. The woman filming this was standing right in front of him (obviously) and was blocking the view of everyone standing at the edge.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
I was standing right against the green carpet and I had no idea he was standing there. It was a major flub to have him standing in the middle of the crowd at ground level. He should have walked the carpet with the track jacket on and unzipped it in front of everyone. The woman filming this was standing right in front of him (obviously) and was blocking the view of everyone standing at the edge.

Agreed. I was all the way in the back on the side by the entrance and I couldn't see anything until he walked on stage. This was the case for a bunch of other people as well since there seemed to be more people on the side and under the overhang than in the main hall. The space was bad too. Very weird setup. He should have walked on stage and taken of the jacket so everyone could see.

And the host... that fuckin' host. So bad. Beyond bad.

Totally. I'm from Astoria and would've known if such a group existed. I even sent NYCFC a tweet asking if I could take the banner after the event.. It would at least help me kickstart my NYCFC Astoria Supporters Club haha!
Steven, fellow Astorian!!!!

Reactions: Steven
Totally. I'm from Astoria and would've known if such a group existed. I even sent NYCFC a tweet asking if I could take the banner after the event.. It would at least help me kickstart my NYCFC Astoria Supporters Club haha!

I'm from Astoria too, that's why it caught my attention. It actually looked nice, but why are they doing this? Weird.

Reactions: Steven
This is why pre-game is so important to a club and supporters group. there was not a bar within 2 blocks and no drinks for sale. a few shots and that jersey would of looked great through my blurred vision

Reactions: CP_Scouse