Hey, Third Rail...

As I understand the guys that decided that are no longer with TR. You can always bring it up to the Board tomorrow during the meeting.

We haven't played a game yet and board members have already left the main supporters group? o_O

We haven't played a game yet and board members have already left the main supporters group? o_O
There's been a number of shifts between them. I don't know what the reasons were though I doubt it was for anything malicious. You've got to remember that all these Board Members, as well as the guys running Brown Bag SC, Goodfellas and even us at the Forum are doing this for FREE. Not a single penny is being made. Running a Supporters Group is extremely time consuming. Anyone that leaves a Board position in Third Rail is doing so because they value their personal time. I can't knock anyone for that.

There's been a number of shifts between them. I don't know what the reasons were though I doubt it was for anything malicious. You've got to remember that all these Board Members, as well as the guys running Brown Bag SC, Goodfellas and even us at the Forum are doing this for FREE. Not a single penny is being made. Running a Supporters Group is extremely time consuming. Anyone that leaves a Board position in Third Rail is doing so because they value their personal time. I can't knock anyone for that.

So they're probably still supporters, they just stepped down from the board position. That makes sense.

Reactions: einwindir
drums and cappos should be a no. if you do not know a chant, take a second and listen to it, then start singing. make up words. thats the whole idea.

I know I was expecting more energy and chanting/singing. The event sucked through and through. I did an on-camera interview with someone (I don't even know what station) and was lying through my teeth.

I was embarrassed by the lack of energy. A terrible job "revealing" the jersey. Lampard would've been a better fit in this spot. They apparently had a party that day thrown by Etihad for the club, and sponsors, and the like. Should've left all those suits there instead of at this event which was marketed as a fan thing but really wasn't.

We need to come up with some stuff though for TR because it's going to be a long season of getting embarrassed if we can't be louder.

Reactions: Drainyoo
drums and cappos should be a no. if you do not know a chant, take a second and listen to it, then start singing. make up words. thats the whole idea.

Songs very rarely get started for the first time at games. If you start a song that no-one knows during a match, people don't learn it, your voice just trails off and dies. Songs get learned at groups of fans in pubs and bars - during pre-game meetings, post-game or even in the stadium at half-time. But during a match, the only songs which get sung are the ones a decent group of fans already know the words to. If you want to do spontaneous singing, the core fans must get together to learn the words first.

Dare I say it, alcohol has a very important part in the creation of songs in the non-capo supporters culture, as being drunk makes it far, far easier to raise your voice when no-one else is singing, and then to join in with someone else when you barely know what you're singing and you're not sure the song is even that good. The decline of drinking to excess at English matches is one of the key reasons people say that the atmosphere in England is slowly going stale. It's pretty much why these days this stuff needs to be done outside of the games.

The only problem with no capos and drums etc is what we've seen in England. We love our spontaneous atmosphere, and I'm glad you lot have decided to go down the same route. But ever since all stadiums are fully seated the atmosphere's have got progressively worse. It's a big thing with our supporter groups; the atmosphere has been shocking at the Etihad this season.
You rely on the crowd being up for the game; so say its a bad game or not a good performance more often than not the atmosphere will fall dead. So, I wouldnt rule out Capos and the like just yet. A drum if used correctly is really good.

Reactions: PandaRaf and Kubah
Songs very rarely get started for the first time at games. If you start a song that no-one knows during a match, people don't learn it, your voice just trails off and dies. Songs get learned at groups of fans in pubs and bars - during pre-game meetings, post-game or even in the stadium at half-time. But during a match, the only songs which get sung are the ones a decent group of fans already know the words to. If you want to do spontaneous singing, the core fans must get together to learn the words first.
To that "theres only one team in ny" thing at the kit unveil, i never heard that before, after a second of listejing to it i jumped in (in my head)

To that "theres only one team in ny" thing at the kit unveil, i never heard that before, after a second of listejing to it i jumped in (in my head)

That song has seven words, and if you watch English games you will have heard it a lot, regardless of whether you remember doing so, not to mention that the tune is used a lot for other songs. Try picking up some of the multi-verse songs on the chants forum on one take.

That song has seven words, and if you watch English games you will have heard it a lot, regardless of whether you remember doing so, not to mention that the tune is used a lot for other songs. Try picking up some of the multi-verse songs on the chants forum on one take.
If one believes, one achieves

I agree; I don't think this "organic" chanting thing is going to work. Are we supposed to know the chants by osmosis?
Lmao. To be fare towards tr chants are something that all you guys have to rehears together. I doubt all of tr are able to get together just for choir practice. This is why all supporters should be allowed in the stadium hours prior to a game. This will give everyone and not only tr the opportunity to go over everything. You definitly want everyone singing along.

Anybody else still waiting for their scarf from the Third Rail?[/QUOTE
I am. I'm not with tr but I did pay a membership fee out of the goodness of my heart. If I ever do receive it I'll be nice and give it to anyone that would like it.