Hey, Third Rail...

My main issue with TR is that aside from "board members" no one knows what is going on and things are just as unorganized as they were in July. Season starts in roughly 4 months....I'm thinking they drop a good % of their membership come Jan. "Board Members" need to be more interested in getting shit together than the perks of being co-president or co-founder or co-anything.

My main issue with TR is that aside from "board members" no one knows what is going on and things are just as unorganized as they were in July. Season starts in roughly 4 months....I'm thinking they drop a good % of their membership come Jan. "Board Members" need to be more interested in getting shit together than the perks of being co-president or co-founder or co-anything.
Im a TR member. Been to every meeting before it was even named. At the last one (last weekend?) they discussed weekly meetings with a set agenda to go over business, learn chants etc. There are 1300 people in TR, but its hard to "get shit together" when 50 people show up to the meetings...

I'm a little late with this, but I was at the event and unless you were right on the aisle, there was no easy to know or see that Villa was in the room and showing the jersey. He's a small guy and I didn't see him until he got in the stage despite only being two people off the aisle.

Im a TR member. Been to every meeting before it was even named. At the last one (last weekend?) they discussed weekly meetings with a set agenda to go over business, learn chants etc. There are 1300 people in TR, but its hard to "get shit together" when 50 people show up to the meetings...
You have to take into account that people work, have families and what ever else they have going on. Not everyone has the time to go to these meetings. As i've said before I'm also fully aware everyone does this on their free time. Thats also why we have internet. Im sure there is someplace (facebook or not) that someone can say lets meet at 9pm on Wednesdays. I guarantee you'd have a better turn out for that.

You have to take into account that people work, have families and what ever else they have going on. Not everyone has the time to go to these meetings. As i've said before I'm also fully aware everyone does this on their free time. Thats also why we have internet. Im sure there is someplace (facebook or not) that someone can say lets meet at 9pm on Wednesdays. I guarantee you'd have a better turn out for that.
on the TR facebook they post and 'pin' about upcoming meetings etc. That and the twitter are where 99% of the info is..and their website

If people are time consumed to the point where its a detriment (to themselves and the Third Rail) then to put it bluntly they should step down. At least if they are in a higher profile position or miss too many meetings. I'm not saying Third Rail board members should all be people without families, businesses, jobs, etc but to be honest that would be the ideal scenario not to have every single one of those commitments. I gave out a few ideas a few months ago (which really is all I can do considering location) and there really haven't been enough publicity shots. For instance the "skyscraper" group shot suggested months back or a public central park meeting that passers by may check out. I haven't exactly followed Third Rail closely in recent months so maybe I've missed something. Still the logo is very catchy (if not quite as original as I first thought but that's virtually impossible anyway) and made feelings directly clear on that.

If people are time consumed to the point where its a detriment (to themselves and the Third Rail) then to put it bluntly they should step down. At least if they are in a higher profile position or miss too many meetings. I'm not saying Third Rail board members should all be people without families, businesses, jobs, etc but to be honest that would be the ideal scenario not to have every single one of those commitments. I gave out a few ideas a few months ago (which really is all I can do considering location) and there really haven't been enough publicity shots. For instance the "skyscraper" group shot suggested months back or a public central park meeting that passers by may check out. I haven't exactly followed Third Rail closely in recent months so maybe I've missed something. Still the logo is very catchy (if not quite as original as I first thought but that's virtually impossible anyway) and made feelings directly clear on that.
I think Golazo was referring to members not necessarily the TR board. Every meeting ive been to the majority of the board members have been present. But like everyone has been saying, its crunch time. Time to chill with the parties and gettogethers and get down to business. Chant brainstorming, tifo production etc. The time is now.

I think Golazo was referring to members not necessarily the TR board. Every meeting ive been to the majority of the board members have been present. But like everyone has been saying, its crunch time. Time to chill with the parties and gettogethers and get down to business. Chant brainstorming, tifo production etc. The time is now.

Exactly and presumably the funds are available to purchase that tifo now? Might be stating the obvious but I hope it will be a huge image of the Third Rail logo. Aren't the accounts being made publicly available anyway? Since we knew from the beginning its totally non profit lets see where all the funds are going. Now I know its not into the board members back pockets (lol) but we can make feelings clear for instance if the tifo is produced too expensively. Or which merchandise (don't know the entire range) is selling well and which isn't. I've just checked out the website and apparently there's more merchandise coming soon. Which is a sign finances are looking good. Are there any minutes from the most recent meeting which appears to have been 6 days ago?

I should probably get back to interacting more with NYCFC related stuff on twitter rather than just here. The issue with twitter is its the very definition of information overload...

Exactly and presumably the funds are available to purchase that tifo now? Might be stating the obvious but I hope it will be a huge image of the Third Rail logo. Aren't the accounts being made publicly available anyway? Since we knew from the beginning its totally non profit lets see where all the funds are going. Now I know its not into the board members back pockets (lol) but we can make feelings clear for instance if the tifo is produced too expensively. Or which merchandise (don't know the entire range) is selling well and which isn't. I've just checked out the website and apparently there's more merchandise coming soon. Which is a sign finances are looking good. Are there any minutes from the most recent meeting which appears to have been 6 days ago?

I should probably get back to interacting more with NYCFC related stuff on twitter rather than just here. The issue with twitter is its the very definition of information overload...
Last week was a more formal meeting, but it was a lot of open forum. Many, MANY people had something they wanted to say regarding the jersey and the 'release party'. So after everyone had their say (about 1hr) we went over an agenda for the future: Meeting weekly-biweekly , chant lists, and tifo. I guess TR is still looking for a place (warehouse etc) to paint and dry the Tifo so that was discussed. We talked about the future, and any rumblings people have heard first hand from the club (not much, just that the second kit is sexy) and we practiced the first real chant:

New York, Oh New York, oh City said I.
I'll stand here in the bleachers, until the day I die.
Take me to the Bronx, (that's where I want to be / and on to victory).
Where I will follow New York, New York City!

That was pretty much it. Ill look into it to see if official minutes were done

Ok... I haven't been on the forums in a very long time so bear with me. I was at the unveiling. I was the one with the only TR flag. Which I paid for out of my own pocket and didn't ask anyone to help me with. I also brought the streamers to help build an "atmosphere". I noticed the event was super corporate and lacked a lot of energy. But as an active member of TR, myself and a few other are trying to get songs down. It's hard to spread the songs when only a few people show up to our meetings. I started the "one team in ny" song. And I was upset not many people joined in. It is crunch time, and the only way the masses learn and practice songs together is if more people show up to the meetings. I'm helping organize weekly meetings at Nevada Smiths to watch EPL and la liga games every weekend. And on those days we can "practice" and come up with songs and chants. My email is jonchez86@gmail.com twitter and Instagram is @jonsanch3z please feel free to contact me if someone wants to help. I can use it. Thanks!!!

Last week was a more formal meeting, but it was a lot of open forum. Many, MANY people had something they wanted to say regarding the jersey and the 'release party'. So after everyone had their say (about 1hr) we went over an agenda for the future: Meeting weekly-biweekly , chant lists, and tifo. I guess TR is still looking for a place (warehouse etc) to paint and dry the Tifo so that was discussed. We talked about the future, and any rumblings people have heard first hand from the club (not much, just that the second kit is sexy) and we practiced the first real chant:

New York, Oh New York, oh City said I.
I'll stand here in the bleachers, until the day I die.
Take me to the Bronx, (that's where I want to be / and on to victory).
Where I will follow New York, New York City!

That was pretty much it. Ill look into it to see if official minutes were done

I like that chant a lot. I assume Bronx will change based on the location of the new stadium?

Did you folks discuss how TR completely failed with providing an exciting atmosphere at the release event? Yes, the situation wasn't ideal, and NYCFC didn't help with their weird decisions, but TR still needs to step up the game.

Reactions: DiRoma
Ok... I haven't been on the forums in a very long time so bear with me. I was at the unveiling. I was the one with the only TR flag. Which I paid for out of my own pocket and didn't ask anyone to help me with. I also brought the streamers to help build an "atmosphere". I noticed the event was super corporate and lacked a lot of energy. But as an active member of TR, myself and a few other are trying to get songs down. It's hard to spread the songs when only a few people show up to our meetings. I started the "one team in ny" song. And I was upset not many people joined in. It is crunch time, and the only way the masses learn and practice songs together is if more people show up to the meetings. I'm helping organize weekly meetings at Nevada Smiths to watch EPL and la liga games every weekend. And on those days we can "practice" and come up with songs and chants. My email is jonchez86@gmail.com twitter and Instagram is @jonsanch3z please feel free to contact me if someone wants to help. I can use it. Thanks!!!

Why do you folks think people aren't showing up to the meetings? 50 members out of 1000+ attending seems really really low.

Why do you folks think people aren't showing up to the meetings? 50 members out of 1000+ attending seems really really low.
From the 1200 members, a lot of them don't live in nyc. A lot are from over seas, and from all over the US. I know it's a low number, but thankfully I've seen the same 50 or so faces every time with a lot of new faces along the way. There is a good core group of people that show up every time.

Reactions: DiRoma
I like that chant a lot. I assume Bronx will change based on the location of the new stadium?

Did you folks discuss how TR completely failed with providing an exciting atmosphere at the release event? Yes, the situation wasn't ideal, and NYCFC didn't help with their weird decisions, but TR still needs to step up the game.
That was definitely discussed (actually I was the one to bring it up) and everyone that was in attendance raved about how absolutely corporate the event was and how out of place the supporters felt..... We discussed how there was little to no communication between the club and TR there and the attending members didn't know the agenda of the event.

I wanted to offer this thought about people learning some of the chants and songs that are decided upon. First game, open up the stadium an hour earlier for TR members, than they would generally let people in. Show the membership card we're all eagerly awaiting to get in. TR offers up a few free beverages out there in the supporters area, and working with the club have the basic chants and or songs on the scoreboard for everyone to follow along. Eventually the songs and chants that become popular will sort themselves out. Just a thought.

also a few of us will be getting together to record some of the generic chants (which we can expand later) and they will have their own dedicated page on our new website when it is released

also a few of us will be getting together to record some of the generic chants (which we can expand later) and they will have their own dedicated page on our new website when it is released
that's great I think NYCFC can be the closest thing we have to college football we have, for those of us who grew up and went to college here in the city

I noticed the event was super corporate and lacked a lot of energy.

I was at the unveiling event, am a Third Rail member and (while I don't consider myself to be "corporate") I was wearing a suit because I had work obligations before and after the event -- I was wearing my TR scarf as well! My job requires a suit and wearing it to an event during a weekday morning is just part of the deal. I agree that the atmosphere was very subdued but maybe that was because everyone was stunned to the point of silence when the jersey was unveiled? It could also be that the event was during a weekday morning which I guess should have been a big red flag to everyone. Hopefully communication between the club and the supporters group(s) will be better in the future.