Home - 03/28 Sporting Kc

It wasn't until I got home from the game and saw a replay that I realized that he never even got his head on the ball and it hit off of his arm instead. That just should not happen at this level.

Yes, but it does happen. It happened today in several Euro qualifiers I watched. If it didn't happen all football matches would end 21-35.

I think they are asking too much of Grabavoy. He's a solid veteran who can teach the younger guys a lot, but at this point in his career I just don't think he's a 90 minute guy week in and week out.

Got to agree, especially since he's been used mostly as a sub in recent years. The spirit is willing, but the flesh...

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Sarcasm, right? Please tell me this is sarcasm.
:shrug:

Not really. People who act like jerks at sporting events usually end up getting theirs. Dont go to a game trolling, being a jerk and ruining the good time of people around you. There are consequences. Some people wont be nice in how they tell you to pipe down.

If that bothers you, oh well. I just get rubbed the wrong way when I spend money and then have to deal with rudeness.

Last edited:
Is NYCFC's home field 68 yards wide or 70 yards wide?
I have seen it in a couple of places stated that KC believed our field was actually 68, not 70. Which is more reason for our guys to find someone on the team who can long-toss a throw in, and get comfortable using that to our advantage and practice defending that as well.

I have seen it in a couple of places stated that KC believed our field was actually 68, not 70. Which is more reason for our guys to find someone on the team who can long-toss a throw in, and get comfortable using that to our advantage and practice defending that as well.
There is talk on twitter that three people got different measurements when they measured prior to home opener. This will come out and will be so embarrassing for MLS and NYCFC if we have a crooked and smaller than FIFA regulated field.

IMO we can't get out of YS fast enough. Once the newness wears off, the shittiness of that field is going to keep people away.

This was unfortunately the only picture i got before my trigger finger froze and my phone imploded from the cold. This was from our seats.

You must have been front row in Dan's seats or next to them! I think I saw you Tom. You were wearing a dark peacoat with striped scarf?

Trade for Sheanon Willaims of Philly?

Reactions: JayH
I rewatched part of the game and have a few thoughts:

Wide play was much better- Brovsky was even involved more, but it was long balls to the wings rather than moving the balls up those directions. Not sure if that is our design or something KC was giving us, but that was better. Too bad we had no one that could do anything with the service in the box.

Villa is hugely important for our attack- Since we are dedicating two players to basically defensive midfield duties it takes one MF out of the attack. That is fine if Villa is there, who is basically able to create offense out of nothing, but doesn't work when the forwards need more time or better chances created for them. I am really hoping that we can find a DM (POKU!!!) that can handle the role by himself, or our defense continues to come together and reduces the need for so much MF protection.