Home - 03/28 Sporting Kc

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Game day thread for our 2nd home match against Sporting Kansas City.

Saturday March 28th 7:00 PM
On YES

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnusPax
Hey, I need 2 or 3 tickets to the KC game in section 237 please let me know if you have them for sale.

I made a post about the time. I thought this was the Colorado thread. Please ignore.

Kansas City would normally be one of the toughest opponents but they have looked pretty out of sorts so far. Dwyer is out of wack, Besler getting red cards. Things might come into alignment for them this game except I think their strength is getting out wide and fouling. They might get away with aggressiveness (maybe) but they will not be able to get wide in the narrowest field in MLS.

I think this one has draw written all over it.

What's up my NYC FC crew new to the forum. I'm looking to get 3 tickets for next home game so I can sit with the core supporters this time around. I went to the first game was amazing ! But I'm sure it will be better chanting along with the rest of you guys !

Reactions: MDubya79
11081342_428485900658205_6900412884494269735_n.jpg

Just saw this over on Facebook. Here's the link: oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/nycfc/EN/promotion/home

Now the question remains have they sold out 4 sections in 17 minutes or is this another example of NYCFC's Tech Dept dropping the ball again?

EDIT: My bad. Looks like you have to log into your account first to get these tickets. Still, it looks as if they sold a ton so far..........and they're adding more sections too. Dammit to hell, I have to see if I can get out of a previous commitment and haul ass back to the stadium that Saturday night.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on this myself. Coming from CT It's very unlikely I'll be making it to all 17 home matches. Was going to wait a little longer to check the weather but this about half what I'd expect to pay normally so it sucked me in.

Reactions: Gene
I just did my usual "go to Ticketmaster, because I'm curious to see how many tickets are sold" thing and saw this:

icon_availability.png
NOT MANY LEFT

The only section with "Many Tickets" remaining is 223 (which is set aside for away fans). Looks like another big crowd ladies and germs!

Reactions: Drainyoo and Paul
This may not be the place for this but I got a call from a ticket rep yesterday after being a very good boy/sucker and giving all my info to city voice.

I told them how much I enjoyed the view from 305 and asked whether they were planning on opening the terrace for any other games. He told me it depends on tickets sold and that they are already considering it for the Seattle and NYRB games. Bodes well!

Last edited:
Wow that last post was weird on my part. I blame my phone.

Any chance this is also a sell out?

I'm expecting a lot of people are still riding the hype subway including people who might have missed out the first go around.

I think the sell out number is fungible. NYC 27,528 tickets will be made available per match and our team could approach that number for any given match.

However, up to 33,444 seats can be made available by Yankee Stadium on any given weekend, depending on demand; someone suggested earlier that Seattle and New York Red Bull games may be candidates for that already.

And then there is the whole enchilada, like for the inaugural home match. Who knows when that will be possibility again?

Might be a stupid question but if it doesn't cost anything more for the team why doesn't the club open the full stadium up for every weekend game and give away/ drastically reduce the price for tickets that don't sell. Isn't a full house better than closing off certain sections?

Might be a stupid question but if it doesn't cost anything more for the team why doesn't the club open the full stadium up for every weekend game and give away/ drastically reduce the price for tickets that don't sell. Isn't a full house better than closing off certain sections?

I think cost is a factor; the club needs to hire more stadium workers. In addition, I think ambiance comes into play -- a more full stadium is more attractive on television and can help with atmosphere compared to fewer people in each section spread across all sections.

Using just the lower bowel, on occasion, some clubs have closed off one whole side so that everyone is on the TV side only (e.g., NE Revs).

I think cost is a factor; the club needs to hire more stadium workers. In addition, I think ambiance comes into play -- a more full stadium is more attractive on television and can help with atmosphere compared to fewer people in each section spread across all sections.
Thanks! That makes sense.

Hopefully as we get more home games in we'll start sounding like them.

Reactions: Kjbert