Home - 03/28 Sporting Kc

Kansas City would normally be one of the toughest opponents but they have looked pretty out of sorts so far. Dwyer is out of wack, Besler getting red cards. Things might come into alignment for them this game except I think their strength is getting out wide and fouling. They might get away with aggressiveness (maybe) but they will not be able to get wide in the narrowest field in MLS.

I think this one has draw written all over it.
Yeah, this will probably be the toughest game to date.

Sporting is a solid team, the core of which has been together for a couple of years now. They've been out of whack but that's probably early season rust, not to mention playing Dallas, who might be the best team in MLS right now.

We better up the tempo of our play significantly because if you are watching any other MLS matches, we are running in place.
We are fortunate to be undefeated considering I count 2 halves of play that we have won out of 6. SKC will roast the team we saw at Colorado.
Point taken. The KC I'm watching at the moment doesn't look so hot

Might be a stupid question but if it doesn't cost anything more for the team why doesn't the club open the full stadium up for every weekend game and give away/ drastically reduce the price for tickets that don't sell. Isn't a full house better than closing off certain sections?

Full house doesn't mean better atmosphere though, I would rather see 27K fans with a great loud stadium. Than a stadium with 40K with tons of people being told to sit down and not yell there trying to watch a game. Old Trafford or Emirates Stadium fit 75 and 60K, I seen second division teams with better atomsphere with far less fans clearly. I just hope our stadium can be as passionate as Portland,SKC or Seattle supporters are a sea of light blue with tons of great chants and songs no reason it shouldn't be right?

Reactions: dex
Full house doesn't mean better atmosphere though, I would see 27K fans with a great loud stadium. Than a stadium with 40K with tons of people being told to sit down and not yell there trying to watch a game. Old Trafford or Emirates Stadium fit 75 and 60K, I seen second division teams with better atomsphere with far less fans clearly. I just hope our stadium can be as passionate as Portland,SKC or Seattle supporters are a sea of light blue with tons of great chants and songs no reason it shouldn't be right?
I didn't mean in terms of atmosphere. I meant in terms of more people buying from concessions/ team store and all that. I was thinking from the clubs perspective why they would want more people.

I didn't mean in terms of atmosphere. I meant in terms of more people buying from concessions/ team store and all that. I was thinking from the clubs perspective why they would want more people.

We will for sure be the biggest merchandise mover since beckham joined Galaxy maybe we will sell the most merchandise ever for a single season, wouldn't doubt it with the biggest market in the world. Them baseball Yankee stadium workers never seen that many people going to the team store ever that's for sure lol.

Sporting KC is going to be dangerous. de Jong and Zusi can whip in some serious crosses and have backs like Opera and Anibaba charging into the box for headers; they just missed a couple of occasions tonight. Brovsky, Williams, Hernandez and Wingert will again be tested; they are going to have to block as many crosses as they can and mark well in the box including Dwyer.

Sporting KC sits in last place in the West and will be desperate for a win. Peter Vermes is a solid coach too.

Hopefully Zusi gets called into US camp but Mix does not. (I hope Mix gets calls in the future however just not this weekend).

We need to have a vocal crowd like opening night. Hopefully we can get more chants and songs going.

If the weather reports remain the same (and they might not) it will be in the 30s (colder than opening night perhaps so dress warm).

clip_image002.jpg

Last edited:
Sporting KC is going to be dangerous. de Jong and Zusi can whip in some serious crosses and have backs like Opera and Anibaba charging into the box for headers; they just missed a couple of occasions tonight. Brovsky, Williams, Hernandez and Wingert will again be tested; they are going to have to block as many crosses as they can and mark well in the box including Dwyer.

Sporting KC sits in last place in the West and will be desperate for a win. Peter Vermes is a solid coach too.

We need to have a vocal crowd like opening night. Hopefully we can get more chants and songs going.

If the weather reports remain the same (and they might not) it will be in the 30s (colder than opening night perhaps so dress warm).

clip_image002.jpg

Colorado was suppose to be "easy", SKC is loaded hopefully we can keep there bad slump for another match make Yankee Stadium impossible for the visitors to get any points at we can hope.

I know people get frustrated with him but I really like what Valesquez adds to the team. We need someone that is fast, skilled, and direct. Someone that can dribble at people with pace.

I know people get frustrated with him but I really like what Valesquez adds to the team. We need someone that is fast, skilled, and direct. Someone that can dribble at people with pace.

He did very well against New England but I thought he struggled / missed some opportunities to move off the ball and distribute before losing the ball against Colorado.

Today wasn't his best performance, but he's another young lad same with Facey it can be tough to be patient at times but we must let them grow and mature takes time. I agree though he has upside for sure.