Home - 03/28 Sporting Kc

Today wasn't his best performance, but he's another young lad same with Facey it can be tough to be patient at times but we must let them grow and mature takes time. I agree though he has upside for sure.
(copy paste) he was very good in the first half but ran out of gas in the 2nd. He was the one flicking balls to Villa and Nemec to squander. It wasn't Mix or anyone else, it was Velasquez. Deride him for lack of stamina, but not the quality he brings to the game.

SKC will be hungry but I'll say it again, they love to play wide. And they can't at Yankees. Its going to be a hard fouling yellow card fest my friends.

Reactions: Kubah and lolshorts
So looking at the way how things could be in today's matches, it's our best interest if DC United doesn't win at all; even if the red bulls won they would still be below us as well as DC United and if they draw than they're both still below us. It's important since they have a game advantage and SJ beating Chicago would also be quite nice, but I think that if we want a run in for the Supporter's shield, then Chicago winning over SJ would be nicer since Chicago hasn't even won any points this season.

Personally, I am hoping that DC and RB get a draw, and Chicago beats SJ. Would be the best way for less pressure on our conference side and for the supporter's shield race.

KC is a team that builds up on the wings and earns a lot of corner kicks. Zusi is among the best set piece takers in the league. Someone has already said it already but I will reiterate: the narrow field at YS will play to NYC's advantage. I also think KC's defense will also be among the best in the league this year.

Reactions: Kjbert
So RB just beat DC, but now they're just a point behind us with a game at hand which is pretty annoying. Hoping Chicago beats SJ.

I'm looking for 3 tickets for KC, ideally in 234, but will consider what ever is available. Would rather get 3 from the same person but would otherwise consider mattreed415 s 2 and another.

I've got a season ticket myself in 234- not sure whether I should plan to pass that one to someone else and get 4 together if available. Any thoughts on that would be welcome.

Curious what our lineup will look like with Shelton playing for the USMNT U23 team and Nemec playing for Slovakia. Assuming both wont be at the match on Saturday. My guess is Mullins starts at forward.

Also is Facey suspended for getting 2nd yellow card (turns into a red) or not because its not a "real red card"?

Any insight would be apprecaited

Curious what our lineup will look like with Shelton playing for the USMNT U23 team and Nemec playing for Slovakia. Assuming both wont be at the match on Saturday. My guess is Mullins starts at forward.

Also is Facey suspended for getting 2nd yellow card (turns into a red) or not because its not a "real red card"?

facey will be suspended

He'll be suspended and the yellow will no longer count toward yellow card accumulation for a suspension down the line.

Probably Mullins Villa start up top with Taylor coming in as a 2nd half sub.

Reactions: Gene
Definitely time for some changes for this game:
My XI

--------the Boriqua ball blocker-----------
--Williams--Facey--Hernandez-Wingert
-----------------AJ-Mix-------------
Calle----------------------------Grabavoy-
---------Mullins-------Villa--------------

Need to get some options going for AJ and Grabavoy. Sub in Poku at 75 for AJ. Do we have options on the left side? Really hoping we look better up top with Mullins.

What do you think? What are you changes this week?

[Deleted due to original content incorrect as a result of old age-related poor vision]

Last edited:
Reactions: leilanikali420
Out of curiousity I opened up the game on Ticketmaster and it looks like they opened at least some of the 400 level seats (and have sold a bunch) which is a good sign for another big crowd.

I'm practically certain you're mistaken about this. They do show all of the sections on Ticketmaster's map if you click "find my seats for me" , but only the 1 and 2 hundred levels are actually available. There appear to be 500-1000 seats left so I would not expect any more seating to be opened up for this Saturday.

Interestingly though, they have opened up lower rows of 202-204, the right field bleachers, which were not made available for single ticket purchases for the opener. My guess is that they typically hold these seats for group purchases or giveaways, and are only now opening them to single ticket purchasers. If anybody has any inside info to confirm this I would appreciate it.

Reactions: JayH
I'm practically certain you're mistaken about this. They do show all of the sections on Ticketmaster's map if you click "find my seats for me" , but only the 1 and 2 hundred levels are actually available. There appear to be 500-1000 seats left so I would not expect any more seating to be opened up for this Saturday.

Interestingly though, they have opened up lower rows of 202-204, the right field bleachers, which were not made available for single ticket purchases for the opener. My guess is that they typically hold these seats for group purchases or giveaways, and are only now opening them to single ticket purchasers. If anybody has any inside info to confirm this I would appreciate it.
Yup, I misread it. Was looking on a small screen and assumed the 2 level was the 4. Will edit.

INTERNATIONAL CALL UPS

Sporting KC
De Jong, D, called up by Canada
Espinoza, M, called up by Honduras
Palmer-Brown, D, called up by USA-U20 (only one appearance this season for 5 minutes)

NYCFC
Shelton, F, called up by USA-U23
Nemec, F, called up by Slovakia

Last edited:
INTERNATIONAL CALL UPS

Sporting KC
De Jong, D, called up by Canada
Espinoza, M, called up by Honduras
Palmer-Brown, D, called up by USA-U20 (only one appearance this season for 5 minutes)

NYCFC
Shelton, F, called up by USA-U23
Nemec, F, called up by Croatia

nemec is from slovakia