Home game vs Houston being moved to Hartford, CT

Could the match be played at the training facility? Less than 100 attendance and just broadcast it.

Reactions: Kjbert

Their presentation of the relocation could have been so much better. Call it a "neutral site" game, explain why it was selected, apologize to fans for the inconvenience... then let the marketers play up why it'll be a unique event and why it'll still be great if you elect to come out and watch.

Before I would comment on this I'd like to know just how much notice NYCFC had that this might happen. If they've known it was quite likely for a good while then it's obviously very disappointing, but it's possible that they've had a week or so to work out an alternate venue - it's even entirely possible that the Yankees gave them very little forewarning about it - I get the idea that their senior staff aren't really that fussed about supporting the team beyond what is necessary.

If they didn't have much time to sort this out then I can fully understand having to go with a stadium in CT - there won't be many teams around who are willing to offer their stadium up for use on no real notice at all, especially considering the contracts will have to be signed weeks before the game, so it's not like they could've afforded to go for a "we'll sort the details out closer to the time" approach.

Could the match be played at the training facility? Less than 100 attendance and just broadcast it.

What do they do if they get hundreds of season ticket holders phoning up to say "my season ticket says I have a right to a seat at every game. Where's my seat?" Even if they weren't planning on turning up, they could still argue that they could have derived income from selling the seat and are being denied monetary reimbursement by playing at a ground with no seating area.

I don't understand the connection... What are you saying?

(See top of page 16)

Gave you a rep. You need to embed the photo for me to get the joke, but you did make it first ;)

Reactions: Jon
The Cardinals played the Pirates on a minor league stadium in Williamsport last week. They made a temporary baseball stadium on an army base this season for a game. It's not out of the question to play an MLB in an non-MLB park.
A Pirates team playing .480 ball gave up a home game to participate in a day long celebration of the Little League World Series. This is just like that.

NYCFC is less important to the Yankees than reviving youth baseball is to MLB. Not even close.

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC
Before I would comment on this I'd like to know just how much notice NYCFC had that this might happen.

Based on this, http://www.empireofsoccer.com/how-did-a-nycfc-game-end-up-in-hartford-64540/
nine weeks.

"Based on conversations with those at the club and league, NYCFC’s move to Hartford for the game on Sept. 23 was the culmination of a nine-week process that involved several departments at the club, the Houston Dynamo, Major League Soccer, the Yankees, Kansas City Royals and Major League Baseball."

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Based on this, http://www.empireofsoccer.com/how-did-a-nycfc-game-end-up-in-hartford-64540/
nine weeks.

"Based on conversations with those at the club and league, NYCFC’s move to Hartford for the game on Sept. 23 was the culmination of a nine-week process that involved several departments at the club, the Houston Dynamo, Major League Soccer, the Yankees, Kansas City Royals and Major League Baseball."
There are some other juicy quotes in there like "A City official did say that should the need to move another NYCFC game arise, renting a large stadium like Citi Field or MetLife Stadium are within the club’s budget."

There are some other juicy quotes in there like "A City official did say that should the need to move another NYCFC game arise, renting a large stadium like Citi Field or MetLife Stadium are within the club’s budget."
Wait, so citifield (arch enemy of the Yankees) and MetLife (NJ) are potential future fallback locations, but RBA wasn't for that weekend??? Those two completely blow a hole in the rival/NJ argument for not approaching RB about renting for a single game.

i honestly dont understand what youre saying, i thought i answered you sufficiently. What part am i dodging?
For God Sake don't be a stunad ! Look at my original question !! It was on the World Cup 2006 and was anyone from your Napoli was on it ????.........BALOTELLI was a baby back then and in no way was apart of that squad ! WTF????

What do they do if they get hundreds of season ticket holders phoning up to say "my season ticket says I have a right to a seat at every game. Where's my seat?" Even if they weren't planning on turning up, they could still argue that they could have derived income from selling the seat and are being denied monetary reimbursement by playing at a ground with no seating area.

Where does it say that or anything close to that? Some nice psuedo-legal phrases in your post.

Countdown until someone completely misuses the term "class action" in 3, 2, 1...

Would it have really been that embarrassing if we had to play at RBA? I think so, but I do remember the Yankees having to play a series at Shea back in the later years of the original stadium, so it would not be unprecedented for NYC sports rivals. Granted, that was due to a stadium safety issue, not getting kicked to the curb for the big club.

So what's everyone's honest take? Provided that no other venue was available, and rescheduling was not an option, would you prefer P&W or RBA?

Would it have really been that embarrassing if we had to play at RBA? I think so, but I do remember the Yankees having to play a series at Shea back in the later years of the original stadium, so it would not be unprecedented for NYC sports rivals. Granted, that was due to a stadium safety issue, not getting kicked to the curb for the big club.

So what's everyone's honest take? Provided that no other venue was available, and rescheduling was not an option, would you prefer P&W or RBA?

I'm curious about this too. Maybe make a poll thread? I think I prefer P&W but it's close.

I'd have gone to RBA for a one-off game. I hate taking the PATH train but it's faster than going to CT. I'm lucky because I get a 4-5hr "family pass" for regular games, but there's no way I get a 10hr pass from the family to go to CT, nor would I want to spend my entire day doing that and missing time with my daughter and wife.

Where does it say that or anything close to that? Some nice psuedo-legal phrases in your post.

Countdown until someone completely misuses the term "class action" in 3, 2, 1...

Granted I can't see anything in the FAQ, but I'm sure that there must be written down somewhere a general agreement to supply every STH with a seat for every home game, otherwise what is protecting the STHs from the club taking their money and just going "Yeah, you know what...we're not actually going to admit you after all. Please buy a GA ticket if you want to see the game." Obviously it wouldn't happen in practice, but these things are always ultimately encoded somewhere.

The issue for me was never about which stadium we play in, but how far that stadium is from home and/or work. Considering the circumstances, I would never mind seeing the team play in Red Bull Arena, Metlife, CitiField. To me its all the same, which is to say its close to home. I could care less that RBA is home to our rivals. Its not like their fans are going to overrun the stadium. Our fans will be there in force, presumably in greater numbers than when we play at P&W, and that is all we need to make it feel like its our stadium. As they say, home is where the heart is, and if we would play in RBA, then that is where my heart will be; thumping loudly in that arena.

Reactions: Ulrich
Just a heads up for anyone interested:

I'm trying to help organize a small Q&A session with the team President, other SG leadership and a few members at the front office on Monday evening. Is it OK if use some of your questions posted here on the forums? It's my hope that we can go there as varied supporters, get answers and then communicate the responses out to everyone. If you have other suggestions or requests please let me know.

I'm trying to help organize a small Q&A session with the team President, other SG leadership and a few members at the front office on Monday evening. Is it OK if use some of your questions posted here on the forums? It's my hope that we can go there as varied supporters, get answers and then communicate the responses out to everyone. If you have other suggestions or requests please let me know.
Probably more efficient if anyone who doesn't want you to repeat something they wrote lets you know here or privately. Everything here is public already anyway. Have at it.

I honestly don't know what we're going to learn that we already don't know. The front office isn't going to change the ticket prices, transportation, or anything else regarding the game in Connecticut. Moreover, unless we see the tenant agreement with Yankee Stadium or the files they have regarding pursuing a stadium, everything is moot, and we're not going to learn anything knew.

The best question you could ask is, "What city council district would be best to address letters to regarding the desire for a stadium?"

I think I would like to know is why on earth are they not comping the bus for supporters/city members. NE Rev bussed fans for free last weekend and that was just something they did for STHs. The absolute least they could do is get as many supporters/city members to East Hartford as possible.