Hudson River Blue Piece On Yankee Stadium Security

The cops and securitas are not making decisions on their own. Someone is giving them orders. Securitas works for the Yankees, thats who is telling them what to do. You all think that the supervisors are deciding policy?

I haven't seen the cops silencing City Beats after the game when they are drumming by the 4...just an observation.

Unfortunately for the time being, we are guests in someone else's house and need to abide by their rules, as heavy-handed and unreasonable as some of them may be. The lack of uniformity in application makes it even more difficult, but the solution to that is to assume that the rules will be applied most aggressively. Cursing clearly is a trigger for some enforcement, so stop cursing. I am not suggesting whether this is right or not (trust me, I curse like a sailor), but not being able to curse shouldn't be a tremendous sacrifice, and there are better and more creative ways to be active and engaged fans. Smoke bombs are clearly off-limits. Stop with the smoke. The more the supporter groups and fans keep pushing the envelope, the more aggressive the enforcement will be in all respects. If folks don't hit the nerve as blatantly and as often, enforcement may ease up and the scope of acceptable activity may naturally expand.

The activity outside the stadium and the arrests are a different issue. It has to be more clearly defined what is and is not acceptable. It shouldn't be a surprise as to what will result in an arrest, and the enforcement shouldn't be random. The answer may be that partying in the blocked-off areas is off-limits (which would suck) because it impedes pedestrian traffic, is a fire-hazzard, blocks potential emergency vehicles, constitutes "rioting" or whatever other arbitrary or logical application they may suggest. But, this should be out in the open so there are no surprises and no randomness leading to unfortunate circumstances for folks who are just having fun.

Your well-reasoned line of argument has utterly convinced me. Thanks!
That's fine. Keep dealing with the problem then.

Do you guys really believe that walking out on our team is the right way to go here? Seriously.....do I need a well-reasoned line of argument or is it common-sense that the idea of walking out on our team because of shit that has nothing to with them is, for lack of a better word, stupid.

Do you guys really believe that walking out on our team is the right way to go here? Seriously.....do I need a well-reasoned line of argument or is it common-sense that the idea of walking out on our team because of shit that has nothing to with them is, for lack of a better word, stupid.
Ok then. What do you suggest? What has worked otherwise? A walkout can be used to show displeasure with management. I'm not sure how that's hard to understand. It has nothing to do with the players on the field.

This is a non-story really and this has been happening in all stadiums/sports throughout the country. I go to the games with my 10 year old son. 90% of the people in my section are fine, but some aren't. There's a difference between being a raucous fan and a drunk prick. Who doesn't love a great atmosphere and that's what you get with a live event. I'm ok with what I've seen so far in regards to the fans. But just cause you pay for a ticket though doesn't mean anything goes, there's a code of conduct. It's still a private place were everyone has the right to enjoy themselves and Yankee Stadium won't let it get out of hand. We all new that already...they've said that. I've been to every game and haven't seen really any security problems.

As far as the arrests go. There's no difference between a NYCFC game and real life. People get selectively arrested. It's not right, but it happens.

BUT...they better figure out how they are gonna handle it going forward now, cause as the team grows so will the fandom.

Ok then. What do you suggest? What has worked otherwise? A walkout can be used to show displeasure with management. I'm not sure how that's hard to understand. It has nothing to do with the players on the field.
A walkout should only be done in the absolute worst case scenarios, where even the players are furious with ownership and understand. Very rarely is a supporter walkout justified, especially if it has little to do with the club itself.
To bring up an experience from following the Revs about 5 years ago. The supporters were fed up with issues with security as well as Kraft apathy towards the franchise. Following a major incident in which security acted somewhat ridiculously, the Fort decided to sit quietly for the first 15 minutes of the next home match in protest. The rest of the stadium looked over and was like "WTF" and it grew a little bit of a division between some of the regular fans and the Fort who found it disrespectful. After the match, then captain Shalrie Joseph posted a tweet showing that he was upset with the supporters. It ended up accomplishing absolutely nothing but worsening the supporters position and pissing off some players and fellow fans.

While I would suggest a more open, constructive and pro-active approach with management, security and the NYPD, you could always do other things which don't disrespect the players on the field. You could do a pre/post game march down the street with a tifo. Maybe even get witty and do a "Supporters Lives Matter" protest. However I suggest a more peaceful and open approach for now. It would be better to constructively improve the situation instead of provoking further escalation with a combative attitude.
My idea would be an open letter signed by the leaders of all the SG's directed to Tom Glick and other NYCFC executives asking them to discuss the problems. Perhaps set up a roundtable meeting with reps from the club, securitas and NYPD assigned to the events to discuss a mutual way of moving forward better. Remember this is all new to Securitas and the NYPD and to be honest, if you don't follow soccer, you would be concerned about the much more rowdy atmosphere soccer brings as opposed with the familiar baseball. Let's get everyone together so we can be on the same page and one big happy family instead of supporters at war with security and the NYPD. The latter scenario will end very poorly for us!

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH and NYCFC_Dan
There are 2 separate issues here, inside and outside the stadium, but I believe they both come down to Yankee managements wishes. It's been obvious since the day Yankee stadium released their rules for NYCFC supporters that they do not want us in their stadium. I sit in the 1st row of sec 135 and watch stadium security, along w/ people in NYCFC polos, actively looking into the crowd trying to identify people to throw out.
This comes from the top and the top is Yankee management.

As far as outside, I'd say the commanding officer of the detail for NYCFC games has no clue what "supporters" are and could care less. His job is to get everyone out of the streets so they can be re opened to traffic and he can send all his cops home as fast as he can to cut down on the overtime. The faster he gets us out of there the faster he can release his detail. Many of those "detail" cops are paid by the Yankees. I believe all of the inside cops are but i'm not 100% sure. So guess what, the Yankees want us out of the streets as well.

NYCFC has zero leverage here. In fact, they are probably hoping WE don't get them kicked out of the stadium. Unfortunately, until we get our own stadium I doubt any of this will change.

If we had our own stadium NYCFC would call the shots inside and depending on what precinct they build the stadium in you could build a great relationship with the Boro commander, Pct Commanding officer and community affairs. Thats how you get somewhere with the NYPD. Right now it seems like we are a thorn in everyones side.

they had their chance twice and didn't want a piece of this pie - this sexy, sexy soccer pie

Well that was before the Yankee organization went after their fan base. From what I understand our FO is not happy at all with the situation. Buy the Yanks out, partner with Wilpons. Move to CITI as a stopgap, and build the queens stadium with Wilpons blessing and share of parking revenue we never would see in Bronx anyway. We have the wrong partners.

Active NYPD and STH here. Just want to chime in.

It's the Yankees' house, they run the show. Criminal acts aside, if they want someone out, you're out. You refuse, it's trespass and the cuffs come out. I know everyone loves to blame cops, but chances are, ejections have merit to it. Even if they don't, take it up with the landlords.

Most people don't see the cops' side when it comes to policing post-event madness. I do. It's, well, madness. 99% of the fans are no trouble, the 1% are a pain in the @$$ and force the hand. Videos often show the final 10% of an encounter and the narrative is then, "cops ruin fun". Keep in mind the oft-ignored and less-exiciting public safety aspect. Minor, small scale "bad behavior" tends to compound quickly and uncontrollable craziness ensues. You'd be surprised how similar this is to wildfire. That's one of the reasons cops are there in the first place.

I can't speak for in-stadium issues, but as for post-event police activities, this is no different than a Yankee game. A lot of "little" violations are overlooked, but knuckleheads who ignore calls to get out of the street and things of that nature are sure to end up arrested or summonsed. Also, the precinct which covers the stadium gets bombarded with complaints at council meetings about post-event fan behavior (baseball, soccer, concerts, you name it). As mentioned above, these have to be addressed by commanders.

I just wanted to explain the other side. There isn't some conspiracy to shut down the club or harass fans, or some nefarious "us vs. them" ploy that requires moving the team to Westchester. I know tons of cops who are STH, and the club sticker has already been plastered on several lockers and department facilities alongside those of the Jets, Yanks, and Rangers. Anyhow, I digress.

TL;DR: Don't act like an ass, stay out of the street, use common sense. Odds are, you'll be fine.

It's the Yankees' house, they run the show. Criminal acts aside, if they want someone out, you're out. You refuse, it's trespass and the cuffs come out. I know everyone loves to blame cops, but chances are, ejections have merit to it. Even if they don't, take it up with the landlords.

Most people don't see the cops' side when it comes to policing post-event madness. I do. It's, well, madness. 99% of the fans are no trouble, the 1% are a pain in the @$$ and force the hand. Videos often show the final 10% of an encounter and the narrative is then, "cops ruin fun". Keep in mind the oft-ignored and less-exiciting public safety aspect. Minor, small scale "bad behavior" tends to compound quickly and uncontrollable craziness ensues. You'd be surprised how similar this is to wildfire. That's one of the reasons cops are there in the first place.

I can't speak for in-stadium issues, but as for post-event police activities, this is no different than a Yankee game. A lot of "little" violations are overlooked, but knuckleheads who ignore calls to get out of the street and things of that nature are sure to end up arrested or summonsed. Also, the precinct which covers the stadium gets bombarded with complaints at council meetings about post-event fan behavior (baseball, soccer, concerts, you name it). As mentioned above, these have to be addressed by commanders.

I just wanted to explain the other side. There isn't some conspiracy to shut down the club or harass fans, or some nefarious "us vs. them" ploy that requires moving the team to Westchester. I know tons of cops who are STH, and the club sticker has already been plastered on several lockers and department facilities alongside those of the Jets, Yanks, and Rangers. Anyhow, I digress.

TL;DR: Don't act like an ass, stay out of the street, use common sense. Odds are, you'll be fine.
thanks for this

I was standing and chanting on the pillars that keep the subway up and some cop grabbed and pulled me down mad hard. I dead ass was not doing anything wrong