Ian Joy On Wynalda's Show Tonight

It all makes sense now as to why Joy refuted NYCFC's interest in Pirlo on air, because he was hanging out with JK watching Veggie Tales, talking about who Kreis wanted. I'm still not entirely sure another striker would have been the best option for a DP in the middle of a season, though.

Max allocation money is 650k. A fee for anything over that cant be used on player expenses.
I wonder if anyone has ever gotten max transfer allocation? Seattle sold Freddy Montero to Sporting CP for like $3 million, maybe they got the full $650k.

Reactions: Kjbert
I wonder if anyone has ever gotten max transfer allocation? Seattle sold Freddy Montero to Sporting CP for like $3 million, maybe they got the full $650k.
Columbus did after Giancarlos Gonzalez laid the smack down on Lampard/Pirlo in the World Cup with Costa Rica.

Sold him for $4.5 - 5 million to Palermo after that. Columbus had bought him for $250k.

Massive Report says:
The first cut of the transfer goes to cover any contractual fees. This may include "sell-on fees" that go to prior clubs. Next part goes to cover any fees MLS paid to get the player in the league. Finally, a third of the remaining total goes to MLS and two-thirds goes to the team. Of the two-thirds that come back to the club, only $650,000 comes back as an allocation that can be used for player signings, cap relief, or trades. The rest goes into team operations. That split changes to 25%/75% in the case of Homegrown players.

I'm pretty sure Seattle got the full amount for Yedlin too. The transfer fee breaks down to this:

First, if a previous owning team put in a sell-on clause that money is taken out of the fee. Second, MLS takes a cut for the money MLS spent to get the player in the league. The rest of the transfer fee is divided between MLS (1/3) and the team selling (2/3) but only up to 650k can be used as allocation money and the rest has to be used on non-player expenses. If the player is homegrown the split is 25%/75%.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I'm pretty sure Seattle got the full amount for Yedlin too. The transfer fee breaks down to this:

First, if a previous owning team put in a sell-on clause that money is taken out of the fee. Second, MLS takes a cut for the money MLS spent to get the player in the league. The rest of the transfer fee is divided between MLS (1/3) and the team selling (2/3) but only up to 650k can be used as allocation money and the rest has to be used on non-player expenses. If the player is homegrown the split is 25%/75%.
I'm sure that's going to change now that USSF is probably going to let youth teams get a piece of the action as well.

Reactions: Kjbert
Neither the 11/13 and 11/17 Ghana games are friendlies, right? No Poku call up for games that would block him from playing for USA - grasping at straws here but that might hint he is not ready to leave USA yet. Plus, Poku straws are fun to grasp at.

upload_2015-11-11_12-34-19.png

I doubt he would have turned them down. My guess is that they were playing that earlier friendly in the USA and the Ghana staff wanted to bring him in and have a look.

Reactions: Paul
I'm sure that's going to change now that USSF is probably going to let youth teams get a piece of the action as well.
I don't think the percentage will change, just that the youth clubs will take the solidarity payments off the total transfer like a sell-on clause before the rest is divided up. But we will have to see if those payments actually happen. I know they had a meeting with youth clubs last month, but no real conclusions came from the meeting.

Neither the 11/13 and 11/17 Ghana games are friendlies, right? No Poku call up for games that would block him from playing for USA - grasping at straws here but that might hint he is not ready to leave USA yet. Plus, Poku straws are fun to grasp at.

View attachment 3591

to be fair the opponent isint really someone they should have trouble with. it will be telling the next round when i think its a more tougher opponent. though i will say this. If poku does go to europe it will probably make Ghana want to call him up more than the US since Grant will see him playing in a "better" league