A Name On My Number 60 Jersey?

JayH

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Oct 2, 2014
Yes, I am likely the only fan out there with a number 60 jersey. I had kept my long-sleeved authentic home jersey number-free until I chose to add both a 6 and 0, as those are the special season ticket holder numbers and both have a picture of my kid. When I wear it, he loves taking out his toy magnifying glass to try to find himself (and usually fails, because you actually need a high-powered magnifying glass to see those pictures). The numbers look great on the home jersey but I was stumped when the woman at the store asked me what name to place on the jersey. There is, of course, no player on the team, and likely will never be a player on the team who wears number 60, so a player name is not an option. I’m not too keen on using my own last name, and also lean to the overprotective side as far as referencing my kid’s name. Most of my nicknames are outdated. I don’t live in a cool enough ‘hood to reflect that on my jersey, so “Upper West Side” clearly is not the way to go. Attempts at humor, such as “Not My Age” will certainly flop. But it just looks so naked without a name, so I figured I would reconsider and solicit your help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. “Season One” I guess is an option to capture the importance of last season. Other thoughts would be appreciated. If you ever spot me wearing my number 60 jersey with your suggestion prominently displayed on my back, I will buy you a beer. (In fact, even if I don't take your suggestion, if you ever spot my number 60, I will still buy you a beer).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulrich
Yes, I am likely the only fan out there with a number 60 jersey. I had kept my long-sleeved authentic home jersey number-free until I chose to add both a 6 and 0, as those are the special season ticket holder numbers and both have a picture of my kid. When I wear it, he loves taking out his toy magnifying glass to try to find himself (and usually fails, because you actually need a high-powered magnifying glass to see those pictures). The numbers look great on the home jersey but I was stumped when the woman at the store asked me what name to place on the jersey. There is, of course, no player on the team, and likely will never be a player on the team who wears number 60, so a player name is not an option. I’m not too keen on using my own last name, and also lean to the overprotective side as far as referencing my kid’s name. Most of my nicknames are outdated. I don’t live in a cool enough ‘hood to reflect that on my jersey, so “Upper West Side” clearly is not the way to go. Attempts at humor, such as “Not My Age” will certainly flop. But it just looks so naked without a name, so I figured I would reconsider and solicit your help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. “Season One” I guess is an option to capture the importance of last season. Other thoughts would be appreciated.
Player to be Named Later.

rod%20smart.jpg