Jersey postmatch

Didn't think we got outplayed, but we certainly didn't dominate the way we did in the first game at RBA.

Felt like Villa willed us to victory tonight. Started that second goal at the half line and just refused to be taken off the ball. So happy he finally got his hat-trick, and what a well deserved hat-trick it was. Add to that that he also blocked a probable goal, and I am just fucking amazed by this guy.

The reaction at the end of the game where Villa just full on lept into Vieira's arms...all the feels

Also worth noting, this felt like a game that the team was going to wilt. After BWP scored that second goal, it felt like the team deflated. Villa changed that.

No Maxi for LA, but at least we still have Herrera and Ring

ETA: Villa is now first in the Golden Boot standings.

There were several times tonight when I said to myself how glad I was that Herrera was in the first XI for this match.

Agree he had considerable contributions from time to time but didn't stand out with a complete perfromance. For a typical MLS guy he played well for a guy with high tier Europe hype it was pretty eh. Same could be said for Harrison.

Johnson, Villa, Maxi, Ring and Callens killed it. Johnson is so under appreciated, which is shocking as we all got to experience a terrible keeper. Brillant did very well especially for all the unwarranted shit he's taken. Not sure where the earlier comment that we got out played came from. We bossed the press, went long when we needed to, stayed poised on ball, and had few lapses.

Possibly the most fun NYCFC game, ever. BWP is a monster, Villa is just plain better. What a wonderful world we live in.

Atmosphere fantastic tonight. Before, during and after the game. I am probably going to lie awake terrified about what the plan is when Villa retires, but for now there's something special happening with this team.

My 9 yr old and I have no voice left. There was a cow fan sitting two seats away from us. He got my hackles up on sight. Actually there were a lot of them in 227. That's probably why we shouted so loud. Kudos to the kid behind me, who kept shouting Red bulls suck. If he sits there again I'll buy him a season ticket! Did I mention that I love David MaraVilla Villa.

Very jealous of all of you who got to witness that in person. And I am not just talking about the Villa magic and the atmosphere. You lucky bastards didn't have to listen to Lalas go on and on about VAR and talk badly about how NYC was kicking long balls and not playing out of the back

My god, David Villa. What a freakin' human being he is.

He is the most dominant athlete currently playing in New York City for any team, in any sport. It is an honor to watch him. Forget the statue outside our SSS. I want a statue outside Yankee Stadium.

That was probably the 8th or 9th game I've ever been at as a fan, it's absolutely the best atmosphere I've experienced. I was in 205, the joint was JUMPING nearly from start to finish. When we tied it and took the lead, the "WE CAN'T HEAR YOU" chants at the New Jersey fans were outstanding. Third Rail was incredibly loud, too.

So much fun. Such a good game. I don't even care about pointing out who had a bad game because who the hell cares. Enjoy the trip across the bridge, Jersey.

Oh, one other thing: That Tifo was AWESOME.

I am so happy.

I don't know guys. Both teams at points looked really solid tonight. Pretty clear to me the difference is Villa.

Side note-- the way the Red Bulls play, there's no way they'll ever make a deep run. Especially with the Open Cup ongoing. It's exhausting watching them; can't imagine what it's like for the players. And then on top of that, JM is your manager? Unsubscribe.

Sorry i took the chat down right away but my phone was on 1% and I still had over an hour of flight time left. Listened to the second half on WFAN it was a pretty good call by our radio announcers.
THANK GOD FOR VILLA.

Sorry i took the chat down right away but my phone was on 1% and I still had over an hour of flight time left. Listened to the second half on WFAN it was a pretty good call by our radio announcers.
THANK GOD FOR VILLA.

You =
ss18_satan.jpg

Reactions: LionNYC