Jersey postmatch

Yes I do. I don't think Herrera was a difference maker in that game. He's behind Villa, Johnson, Brillant, Callens, Ring, Maxi in that regard today.

Maybe I did underestimate Lewis cause Sweat didn't do him any favors. There's no fullback to winger play in that side anymore. No good passes or overlaps.

Okay, but really, you'd trade that performance from Herrera for any we've seen out of potential replacements?

No way in hell for me

My god, David Villa. What a freakin' human being he is.

He is the most dominant athlete currently playing in New York City for any team, in any sport. It is an honor to watch him. Forget the statue outside our SSS. I want a statue outside Yankee Stadium.

That was probably the 8th or 9th game I've ever been at as a fan, it's absolutely the best atmosphere I've experienced. I was in 205, the joint was JUMPING nearly from start to finish. When we tied it and took the lead, the "WE CAN'T HEAR YOU" chants at the New Jersey fans were outstanding. Third Rail was incredibly loud, too.

So much fun. Such a good game. I don't even care about pointing out who had a bad game because who the hell cares. Enjoy the trip across the bridge, Jersey.

Oh, one other thing: That Tifo was AWESOME.

I am so happy.

I was in 205 also, and it was a lot of fun chanting at those guys after the third goal. Don't forget throwing "Who's Your Daddy" right back at them. Two in a row, bitches. How about that?

Where were your seats? I was in Row 3.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Don't care about folks who say having players names on your jersey is for kids/tacky, gonna get Villa on every jersey from here on out.

ETA: I was one of those folks until today

Train bro?

I was in 205 also, and it was a lot of fun chanting at those guys after the third goal. Don't forget throwing "Who's Your Daddy" right back at them. Two in a row, bitches. How about that?

There was a great chant going down by the subway entrance about them going back to Jersey. Wish I could remember it, but I got my celebratory beers in at dugout after

What a way for Villa to break his duck against Jersey? Am I correct in thinking he hadn't scored against them? A hat trick is a hell of way to break that jinx if I'm right. I'm doubting it slightly because no one else seems to have mentioned it.

Have to agree with whoever said this was the best game they'd ever been to. Atmosphere was incredible, though to be fair I normally sit in 214 or 215 across from The Third Rail and tonight I was in 135 which while not actually a part of the supporters section tonight was almost all standing and lots of joining in with the songs and chants. Besides the atmosphere though what can top beating your arch rival in back and forth seesaw of a contest? One minute you think your headed for another bitter disappointment then... Just got in a little bit ago too buzzed for any detailed analysis tonight.

Going down in the box didn't help Jacky at all. Anyone think that should have been a penalty?

I thought so live, then they showed the replay on the board. He went down wayyy too easily for that to be a penalty. Stay on your feet and make a play.

Frankly, I was very underwhelmed with Jack today. He was a complete non-factor. Had a couple moments, but he's quietly been slumping lately. I thought Lewis was far more dangerous.

And for the person above talking about Okoli. It's about time he gave that kind of effort. His compete level has been nowhere near where it should be, but he showed up today.

My "miss an awesome game due to having a cold" streak continues. I may need to deliberately expose myself to the flu for the playoffs.

Also, #DFV.

I am with you. I was out too. I am not sick, I attended a special event in my Church - Lady of Mount . The unveiling and blessing of a statue of mother Teresa.
I been praying for this miracle to happen for the past 3 seasons. Today I did not see the whole game because, as a devotee and admirer of Mother Teresa, I left early to attend the event at LOMC. A special envoy from the Vatican came.
I am crying both from sadness to miss the momentous event in NYCFC and Capitan Villas historic moment.
But I am also happy that I did not missed the special spiritual moment in my life and firmly believe that Mother Teresa who was canonized early this year as a saint, contributed in this accomplishment.
This truly Blind Faith .

I know that many will laugh and ridicule my post -I will be a martyr

I was up top in row 15. The Who's Your Daddy was funny, too. Man, they got far too cocky after BWP's second. Shoving it right back up their asses felt so damn good.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
I disagree. Thought their goals were against the run of play.

I think the run of play went the following tonight:
-RBNJ started strong in the first 10 mins or so
-NYCFC grew and dominated the rest of the second half, should have been 2 up before BWP's equalizer against run of play
-RBNJ started second half more cohesively, drove play until 2nd goal
-NYCFC then went to three at the back and led play until the end; RBNJ's main threats in the last 20 mins were set pieces (which the ref gave out like candy on Halloween)

What a way for Villa to break his duck against Jersey? Am I correct in thinking he hadn't scored against them? A hat trick is a hell of way to break that jinx if I'm right. I'm doubting it slightly because no one else seems to have mentioned it.

Have to agree with whoever said this was the best game they'd ever been to. Atmosphere was incredible, though to be fair I normally sit in 214 or 215 across from The Third Rail and tonight I was in 135 which while not actually a part of the supporters section tonight was almost all standing and lots of joining in with the songs and chants. Besides the atmosphere though what can top beating your arch rival in back and forth seesaw of a contest? One minute you think your headed for another bitter disappointment then... Just got in a little bit ago too buzzed for any detailed analysis tonight.

It's not even about the Third Rail anymore -- the entire stadium was ridiculous tonight. It's not just the supporters' section, this year especially I've noticed the rest of the stadium getting loud. Obviously the bleachers are louder than anywhere else, but everyone from section 213 to the bleachers is doing their thing now.