Jersey postmatch

Just noticed this myself after watching some self-selected highlights. He deserves credit on the PK, but I don't think you can get an assist for that.

Missed you. there was another beautiful woman in a wheelchair in your spot but it wasn't the same.

Lalas has been a broken record singing NYCFC's praises all season for having a commitment to playing with a certain style all the time. I don't see how you can fault him for being consistent and being disappointed that we have changed. I'm more happy that we've become a bit tactically flexible than worried that an announcer liked it more when we were inflexible. Plus Lalas was effusive in praising Villa in the bits I watched.

Finally this:
In Fantasy Premier League, assists are given to the person on PK's. Same stat group does both leagues. Although it's been so long since last season, not sure if it's the person making the pass or the person fouled.

In Fantasy Premier League, assists are given to the person on PK's. Same stat group does both leagues. Although it's been so long since last season, not sure if it's the person making the pass or the person fouled.
In fantasy, drawing a PK gets points. I don't think assisting someone in drawing a PK does, but honestly I never really checked.

The spot of the Callens foul in the last minute was the exact spot of horrors of points given in many frightening, point conceding finishes of the past. Thank god for the forehead of Ugo.

Speaking of, how about stories from pitchside about Dick & Douche?
Short of it was they were warned that if they stepped past the little blue line in front of their seats they would spend the night in jail. When they jawed back it was reiterated very clearly. Then it turned out they were in the wrong seats and were moved a little further away from the team bench. In any event, the team had the Mountain (seriously the guy was huge) guarding the team bench the whole game with his eyes on them. They then brought a second guard at the end of the game who also identified and watched them. The morons got the message and behaved without incident. The team was all over it.

Last edited:
Just noticed this myself after watching some self-selected highlights. He deserves credit on the PK, but I don't think you can get an assist for that.

Missed you. there was another beautiful woman in a wheelchair in your spot but it wasn't the same.

Lalas has been a broken record singing NYCFC's praises all season for having a commitment to playing with a certain style all the time. I don't see how you can fault him for being consistent and being disappointed that we have changed. I'm more happy that we've become a bit tactically flexible than worried that an announcer liked it more when we were inflexible. Plus Lalas was effusive in praising Villa in the bits I watched.

Finally this:
Anyone else notice Felipe trying to tell Robles which way to go?

he was wrong too

I may have had a few tonight but I'll disagree with you on Harrison.

He had a couple of straight up magical moments where he outplayed doubleteams. In between feats of pure excellence he put in a workman shift that didn't display the best he's got. Basically he was an average player with about 6-10 plays that were straight highlight reel material. On the balance of that I'll go ahead and call it just fine.
Second half, he almost nailed that flick nutmeg that would have gotten him into the box and would have created an amazing chance. I know it didn't work out, but it was still pretty as hell.

In style of the bronx tale:

*doo wop playing in the background*

2017. The blues won two games against the red bulls. Villa is a league wide mvp. The GSU is being overun by the ESU. Donald Trump is president. And my girl is loving every second i have with her. Things are looking top..."

Reactions: Ulrich
Oh, and actual final thought, Sweat was really not good.

That failure to feed Lewis for a tap in was criminal
Is this in regard to the shot he sent wide in the second half? I'm not going to defend the play of Sweat for the game, and I could be wrong on this, but I thought Lewis was offsides on that one.

Reactions: Ulrich
Ignorant.
I did notice several RB fans wearing these red "Man City lite" t-shirts. I asked a few of them in a polite manner as to why they were wearing that shirt.

Their response was incredulous as if I was unaware of our ownership situation.

I then calmly responded, no, I understand why we may be called "Man-City Lite". But why would you, as a RB fan, be wearing that. Because after all, you are RB-Salzburg Lite, considering your ownership situation.

I know I'm just repeating what everyone else has already said, but that second David Villa goal was a crime. I can't remember who earlier in this thread said this, and I'm being too lazy at the moment to look it up, but this described it perfectly. He decided to score.

And Alexander Fucking Ring. Dude balls.

And Jonathan Lewis made many plays tracking back defensively. He still has a lot of room to grow, but I absolutely loved his effort defensively last night.

The spot of the Callens foul in the last minute was the exact spot of horrors of points given in many frightening, point conceding finishes of the past. Thank god for the forehead of Ugo.
What foul?

The ref was garbage. And can't believe they let Chapman near one of our games. I'm so fed up with PRO refs.

Props to Mikey Lopez for seeing that ball out to end the match. I was all kinds of nervous watching that happen, but he handled it like a pro. (Saying this with full awareness that I may not ever say something so nice about his play again)