Jersey postmatch

And Marsch can kiss my ass. Should have been a straight red on that attempted pull down of Lewis at 24:30. amongst other missed calls, you Alfred Neumann looking birch.

Was that the one in the box that should have been a penalty? I was screaming for VAR because he was pulling his arm down. Awful, but someone's got to coach Lewis to go down. Maybe Jozy Altidore's got some free time since he's so good at it.

Big kudos to Okoli. Next to Villa's magic, he absolutely was the catalyst that changed the game. RB didn't know how to mark him because one moment he's posting up in the middle and the next he was on the wing. Should have had a sweet assist on villa's shot that Robles somehow saved. He finally played up to his physique and bullied them each attack. And just checked... he flicked the ball that Villa earned the PK on but they didn't give an assist for it.
Just noticed this myself after watching some self-selected highlights. He deserves credit on the PK, but I don't think you can get an assist for that.
AAAAAWWW !! I been praying for my Capitan Villa to do his hat trick , and when he scores the 3 Dianas I was not there to see it. I will never forget this heart braking moment.
Missed you. there was another beautiful woman in a wheelchair in your spot but it wasn't the same.
You lucky bastards didn't have to listen to Lalas go on and on about VAR and talk badly about how NYC was kicking long balls and not playing out of the back
Lalas has been a broken record singing NYCFC's praises all season for having a commitment to playing with a certain style all the time. I don't see how you can fault him for being consistent and being disappointed that we have changed. I'm more happy that we've become a bit tactically flexible than worried that an announcer liked it more when we were inflexible. Plus Lalas was effusive in praising Villa in the bits I watched.

Finally this:

Last edited:
He coaches his team to play an aggressive, physical style and then gets mad when they're called for more fouls. It's like the '89 Pistons complaining about the same thing.
Beyond that, he coaches his players to play dirty.

Honestly, just as a fan, he's my least favorite coach in the league. He completely coached his team to foul aggressively and ear!y to so they can continually take cheap shots.

I didn't care one way or the other about those shitbags initially, but I literally hate their club now for very real and deserved reasons.

Last edited:
I been praying for this miracle to happen for the past 3 seasons. Today I did not see the whole game because, as a devotee and admirer of Mother Teresa, I left early to attend the event at LOMC. A special envoy from the Vatican came.
It was nice finally meeting you in person tonight TabascoDiva TabascoDiva , sorry Gabriel's eyeball freaks you out lol
GEyes.jpg

Reactions: TabascoDiva
I thought so live, then they showed the replay on the board. He went down wayyy too easily for that to be a penalty. Stay on your feet and make a play.

Frankly, I was very underwhelmed with Jack today. He was a complete non-factor. Had a couple moments, but he's quietly been slumping lately. I thought Lewis was far more dangerous.

And for the person above talking about Okoli. It's about time he gave that kind of effort. His compete level has been nowhere near where it should be, but he showed up today.

I may have had a few tonight but I'll disagree with you on Harrison.

He had a couple of straight up magical moments where he outplayed doubleteams. In between feats of pure excellence he put in a workman shift that didn't display the best he's got. Basically he was an average player with about 6-10 plays that were straight highlight reel material. On the balance of that I'll go ahead and call it just fine.

Last edited:

He had a couple of straight up magical moments where he outplayed doubleteams. In between feats of pure excellence he put in a workman shift that didn't display the best hes got. Basically he was an average player with about 6-10 plays that were straight highlight reel material. On the balance of that I'll g ahead and call it just fine.
I agree. I thought they were very scared of Jack, and he earned it. He was tremendous creating danger, and that pulls more players deep in defense. He also defended pretty dang well, doing more than his share of tracking back.

Oh, and Jesse needs to be kicked in the bag daily. I have never disliked anyone more.

It was nice finally meeting you in person tonight TabascoDiva TabascoDiva , sorry Gabriel's eyeball freaks you out lol

LOL, It was great surprise and meeting you too . Since I've been on the forum The close -up of Your beloved Cats's eye Avatar, would get my attention, however I never figured it was from a lovey dovey putty cat. I thought you got that picture from a horror movie! Lol .

Reactions: Vaporizer

He had a couple of straight up magical moments where he outplayed doubleteams. In between feats of pure excellence he put in a workman shift that didn't display the best hes got. Basically he was an average player with about 6-10 plays that were straight highlight reel material. On the balance of that I'll g ahead and call it just fine.

Yes, he definitely had some moments, but I just seemed to notice a lot of turnovers and sloppy play from him. I'll definitely say his second half was better, but he was pretty turnover-happy in the first half.

Listen, we won and it was an amazing game so I don't really care, I just hope he can start playing a bit better soon because we need him.

I feel like this needs to be said. Herrera can be in terrible form but his size matched with his size and speed will always make him a game changer. A friend and I had an argument on if Yangel were better than Adams and that was pretty much settled tonight. Yangel murdered him on the pitch.

I feel like this needs to be said. Herrera can be in terrible form but his size matched with his size and speed will always make him a game changer. A friend and I had an argument on if Yangel were better than Adams and that was pretty much settled tonight. Yangel murdered him on the pitch.
He also had a should've been assist when the wrongly ruled Jack offside.

And also, mgarbowski mgarbowski, curious to hear your thoughts if you watch more of the replay. Lalas def comes off as having a mouthful of sour grapes. And his post match comments don't seem to dispute that.

We literally outplayed Marsch's one track bullshit, and he only has criticism for us countering that. It's so myopic and monotone as to at least easily be mistaken for favoritism. I'd actually argue he was a total bitch (or birch, as Amazon thinks I shoukd say )

Also, the longer I rewatch this match, the less I understand Herrera criticism. He was everywhere.

I think some folks don't get how important it is to chew up space. He was all over the field, wreaking havoc.

edited for words

Last edited:
Oh, and actual final thought, Sweat was really not good.

That failure to feed Lewis for a tap in was criminal

Just noticed this myself after watching some self-selected highlights. He deserves a ton of cedit on the PK, but I don't think you can get an assist for that.

Missed you. there was another beautiful woman in a wheelchair in your spot but it wasn't the same.

Lalas has been a broken record singing NYCFC's praises all season for having a commitment to playing with a certain style all the time. I don't see how you can fault him for being consistent and being disappointed that we have changed. I'm more happy that we've become a bit tactically flexible than worried that an announcer liked it more when we were inflexible. Plus Lalas was effusive in praising Villa in the bits I watched.

Finally this:

He just strikes me as never happy with NYC. And maybe I need to rewatch and listen, but he would comment on our struggles to beat the press when we were playing out of the back, and then complain when we played it long to get out of trouble

Hooligans in an active street blocking traffic...
We got the best ball kids, they know how to delay the game...
And how to chose the direction of penalties...

Honestly, we need ball like around these ages. Youngers ones are susceptible to listen to away coaches and players demanding them to give them the ball. The 14-16 age range knows to give no fucks.

One story...

It was during the second half and we had a throw in. There was another ball on the field right next to Bradley Wright-Phillips. I shouted at him, "Bradley, get the ball off the field." He looked down as if he didn't notice the ball and kicked it aside. He shook his head at me and I give the what the hell look with my arms and then start pointing to my head. Gives me a stare down.

Oh, what a fun day.

Also, Felipe the actor causing Maxi to get a yellow card and miss our next match. He's 5'3", be a man and stand your ground.