Josh Saunders [Goalkeeper]

Wanted to add this to his permanent record.

First hit:
nthyZaa.gif

Then in the second half, a cleat clipped him in the head, reopening the wound:

0Ywiz7o.jpg

Too bad he's not on social media - would love to send this accurate rendition of him

South-Park-Randy-Balls-in-Wheel-Barrow.jpg

Anyone else think Orlando should have earned a yellow card when they knocked him into the post? Sure seemed like Saunders had position and it was reckless for I think #5 to barrel into Saunders like that.

Anyway, one criticism I had for saunders was the distribution was a bit off. Not sure if that's on him or guys didn't go where they were supposed to be, but there were a few goal kicks into the sidelines that made it even harder for NYCFC to keep possession.

Reactions: BxLio91
Anyone else think Orlando should have earned a yellow card when they knocked him into the post? Sure seemed like Saunders had position and it was reckless for I think #5 to barrel into Saunders like that.

Anyway, one criticism I had for saunders was the distribution was a bit off. Not sure if that's on him or guys didn't go where they were supposed to be, but there were a few goal kicks into the sidelines that made it even harder for NYCFC to keep possession.

not a yellow, there was no intent to put saunders in that position to hit his head, he didnt go up for the ball, follows the balls path, was unbalanced when he hit saunders.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Yeah I have bad news for Ryan Meara: Great kid, but right now he's on the bench. It would be a travesty to take the job from Saunders at this point. We'll see if Saunders can keep up this homage to Tim Howard's Belgium performance, but NYCFC owe their 4 points directly to Saunders at this point.

Looks the part.loved that dive he did when the ball wasn't there .and he caught the imaginary ball

"Wall street"
This is brilliant Tom. After every great save, the crowd should chant "Wall Street" like they do at Ranger games for Henrik Lundquist (HEN-RIK, HEN-RIK, HEN-RIK, etc.) It's easy, everyone knows when to do it, it would turn into a stadium wide thing (in fact, at the Rangers games, they even show it on the big screen to help). Not a good video, but here is how it sounds for Henrik. There seem to be so many people offering their opinions on chants across the board, but you should try to push this through to whoever can spread the word as it is perfect (unlike some of the other ideas). It's got the three keys: simple, creative, and has a natural timing cue.

Reactions: mgarbowski