Josh Saunders [Goalkeeper]

This is brilliant Tom. After every great save, the crowd should chant "Wall Street" like they do at Ranger games for Henrik Lundquist (HEN-RIK, HEN-RIK, HEN-RIK, etc.) It's easy, everyone knows when to do it, it would turn into a stadium wide thing (in fact, at the Rangers games, they even show it on the big screen to help). Not a good video, but here is how it sounds for Henrik. There seem to be so many people offering their opinions on chants across the board, but you should try to push this through to whoever can spread the word as it is perfect (unlike some of the other ideas). It's got the three keys: simple, creative, and has a natural timing cue.
Can't claim the idea. Saw a tweet from a guy in the article about saunders that said the mayor should rename wall street, saunders st for a day. Wall street sounded like the perfect nickname for a NYC keeper.

It's a borderline war crime Saunders isn't goalkeeper of the week after that performance. Have to get him the Save of the Week this week against his rival for these awards, Tyler Deric.

I see he has represented PR , will they call him up if they make it to the next round in CONCACAF qualifying ?

#timestamp this post - Josh Saunders isn't that good.

Don't get me wrong, he's had a great first three games. But the hype is getting a bit much. I'll be delighted to be proven wrong on this one, but I'll be amazed if this form holds up - he's been good, rather than world class as some would have you believe.

Just got suspended 1 game for flagrant foul against Portland

That's a fucking joke right? He did the same thing against Dom Dwyer and there was nothing done for that

No wonder why he's doing so bad as goalkeeper. Look at the gloves their auctioning off on Cityzens.

58_338a26c5-097d-48d6-8205-550a7d7318df.png

Reactions: LostAnvil
I like Saunders. To me he is doing a good job, considering all the defensive flaws of his defenders. However reading some of the forum members unhappiness with his work , I had an opportunity, at the Talk Chalk, I attended to ask if there was any chance the back-up keepers would be able to play any games to prove themselves . The assistant coach answered that Saunders had been a very good surprise with his work and the reason the other keepers had not played in any games was due to injury.

as good as saunders has been in net, hes been questionable at times. our defensive organizing does start with him, so the flaws we see have to do with him as well. his distribution has also been sketchy.

#timestamp this post - Josh Saunders isn't that good.

Don't get me wrong, he's had a great first three games. But the hype is getting a bit much. I'll be delighted to be proven wrong on this one, but I'll be amazed if this form holds up - he's been good, rather than world class as some would have you believe.

Called it imo

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Called it imo

saunders has had his share of mistakes, and his distribution is close to pathetic.... could be lack of communication which would make both saunders and the defense at fault, but our defense has been atrocious. yesterday hernandez had no business going up for the header and missing horribly, left saunders 1v1 left for dead basically. nonetheless its on all of them.

Reactions: BxLio91